Cmon guys, BlackBerry has gone forward a lot, the team literally risked their jobs in getting android functionality in 10. 2.1 and the apps run smoothly in my z10, with 10.3, the android experience is amazing and since android has more apps than ios, we have more apps than ios. And we also have more apps than android since we have all their apps as well as some BB apps as well!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 11:22 PM
    They don't work as well as native, a lot many folks would like don't work at all, most users on the planet don't have a clue how to get them, and some fans will never be satisfied.

You're ranting about ranters. That seldom goes well, but I won't lock it....... yet.
    05-02-14 11:30 PM
    They don't work as well as native, a lot many folks would like don't work at all, most users on the planet don't have a clue how to get them, and some fans will never be satisfied.

You're ranting about ranters. That seldom goes well, but I won't lock it....... yet.
    I could not agree more.

The Android path is furthermore very fragile, because Google tries to put more and more functionality into the GSF and also pushing vendors to stop making dual OS phones.

Face it: BlackBerry failed miserably to attract serious apps. The spent a ton of money making the SDK and BlackBerry Jam sessions all over the world while trying to sell BlackBerry devices for a premium price. Instead of flooding the market to get a serious share of the market, BlackBerry 10 ended up being yet another commercial failure.

Nokia (now Microsoft Mobile) did better and BlackBerry are now trying to do the same: Low cost devices in emerging markets. WP is now approx 2x the size of BlackBerry and backed by MS and a huge load of money. Yet they have problems attracting developers.

The only positive thing is that we now have BlackBerry, Nokia X and Amazon Kindle running the open source Android. If this group could get a total of 10-20% of the total market share there is a chance developers will also make versions without requiring GSF.

I don't see how BlackBerry can attract anything with a BlackBerry *10* market share less than 1% and still deciding.

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    05-03-14 04:50 AM
    "The android experience is amazing"???

Ummm... 90% of the android apps outside of a few game don't even work. they either crash or missing functions

Posted via a mess called CB10
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-03-14 04:05 PM
    If you look up delusional in the dictionary you would see OP's name next to it...

Sent from my Death Note
    05-03-14 04:31 PM
    If I wanted a phone to run android apps awesomely, I'm pretty certain I'd of purchased an android phone.

All I'll say about bb10 and apps, is in 10.2.1 there is a option in the pull down settings for tap for flashlight. Now look in BlackBerry world and also in beta zone - flashlight apps. Why?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:42 PM
    Unsure why so many users believe that native is so much better,,,,, a poorly written app populate the BB or Android World... just look at the majority of apps in both ecosystems.....
    05-03-14 04:48 PM
    Unsure why so many users believe that native is so much better,,,,, a poorly written app populate the BB or Android World... just look at the majority of apps in both ecosystems.....
    Yes there are poorly written apps on all ecosystems, but that still doesn't change the fact that native apps coded properly will run better then ported apps.

Sent from my Death Note
    05-03-14 04:56 PM
    The cb10 app disproves the myth of built for blackberry. The android version is way better then the blackberry version. It's sad

05-03-14 05:21 PM
    If I wanted a phone to run android apps awesomely, I'm pretty certain I'd of purchased an android phone.

All I'll say about bb10 and apps, is in 10.2.1 there is a option in the pull down settings for tap for flashlight. Now look in BlackBerry world and also in beta zone - flashlight apps. Why?

Posted via CB10
    They were there before 10.2.1 came out

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 06:38 PM
    The cb10 app disproves the myth of built for blackberry. The android version is way better then the blackberry version. It's sad

Agree 100% CB10 definitely needs an update.

Sent from my Z30 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-04-14 04:45 PM
    Stop ranting about the people ranting. Do you not understand that we don't have enough apps till we get the iOS run time.

Lol, in all seriousness though, unless we get Google Services (that's what it's called right? Can't remember at the moment) we are still missing some of the big name applications. I agree the app gap has drastically decreased but it hasn't disappeared either.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-04-14 04:52 PM
    Cmon guys, BlackBerry has gone forward a lot, the team literally risked their jobs in getting android functionality in 10. 2.1 and the apps run smoothly in my z10, with 10.3, the android experience is amazing and since android has more apps than ios, we have more apps than ios. And we also have more apps than android since we have all their apps as well as some BB apps as well!

Posted via CB10
    Putting the Android runtime in there was a woefully stupid move. And many of the Apps built for Android don't work on blackberry.

Not a smart move.
    05-04-14 11:08 PM
    Putting the Android runtime in there was a woefully stupid move. And many of the Apps built for Android don't work on blackberry.

Not a smart move.
    which apps?
    jevinzac likes this.
    05-05-14 12:47 AM
    I have no problem with Android apps on my phone.....sure a few of 'em crash but its not the phones fault. My partner has an Android tablet and more apps crash or are "incompatible" with it than my Z10! I also have a Windows Phone and I gotta tell ya, the app selection on there isn't all that great....its growing, just not enough and I think its too little too late really. I had a Lumia 822 last year before I got my Z10 and I recently got a Lumia 520 to play around with Windows Phone 8.1 to see if made improvements in the area I had issues with....it did address alot of my gripes but still, the app gap is STILL a huge issue. Would you believe that Windows Phone STILL doesn't have a Native YouTube app that works well? I can't even get the FaceBook app working on the freaking phone! I download it, and when I click it, it does NOTHING.....like i'm clicking on NOTHING.....but that doesn't seem to be everyone's case, it just seems to be MY problem, but still to an end-user, that isn't a good thing...the PlayBook may have a horrible FaceBook app, but at least its useable!
    05-05-14 01:00 AM
    I believe most people will agree with me here..

We want the full BlackBerry 10 experience..that means full native apps.

BlackBerry 10 experience hinders when you start to run android apps on BlackBerry 10. I for one will never run android apps on my BlackBerry 10 phone for that reason only.

I bought a BlackBerry 10 phone for the BlackBerry 10 experience that I so much love..I didn't buy my Z30 for a half *** bb10 experience thank very much!!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 01:08 AM
    ^^^ Seriously... compare cb10 and the android version of crackberry. It just may change the way you think

05-06-14 07:33 AM
    Ranting..... we go no basic Bank apps. can't even make deposits. I love my z10 but that's crazy if u use your phone for business. Credit card swiper......how many people have gone to another phone just for that. I'm not ranting but see another point of view and admit the issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:41 AM
    "The android experience is amazing"???

Ummm... 90% of the android apps outside of a few game don't even work. they either crash or missing functions

Wow, exaggerate much???
    05-06-14 10:48 AM

Not a smart move.
    This is a woefully stupid opinion.
    I'll take what the android runtime provides over what is available in BlackBerry world seven days of the week.
    05-06-14 10:50 AM
    I believe most people will agree with me here..

We want the full BlackBerry 10 experience..that means full native apps.

BlackBerry 10 experience hinders when you start to run android apps on BlackBerry 10. I for one will never run android apps on my BlackBerry 10 phone for that reason only.

I bought a BlackBerry 10 phone for the BlackBerry 10 experience that I so much love..I didn't buy my Z30 for a half *** bb10 experience thank very much!!

Posted via CB10
    I don't agree that most would.
    Most just want working apps. That's it.
    Yes some cry for all native, but really, they're going to cry about something anyways.
    05-06-14 10:52 AM
    I don't agree that most would.
    Most just want working apps. That's it.
    Yes some cry for all native, but really, they're going to cry about something anyways.
    You can't expect the average Joe to know how to find Android apps. They are not gonna come here to figure it out. They are gonna return the phone and Verizon doesn't even know a BlackBerry can run Android apps lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 10:56 AM
    You can't expect the average Joe to know how to find Android apps. They are not gonna come here to figure it out. They are gonna return the phone and Verizon doesn't even know a BlackBerry can run Android apps lol.

Posted via CB10
    In my experience, the average Joe isn't here complaining about apps.
    The average Joe isn't really buying BlackBerry either.
    So if we are talking the average Joe, you should probably go to an iphone forum, bc that's where the average Joes are.
    baspeed likes this.
    05-06-14 10:58 AM
    I don't care where the apps come from as long as they are smooth and work as intended. Seems a lot don't.
    05-06-14 11:43 AM
    And not drain all your battery right?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 11:47 AM
43 12