Is there any difference between stopping apps from the BB10 settings, device monitor and from any android task killer app?

I realize that when I kill apps from an android utility, there are more chances that this apps, got launched again

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 05:18 AM
    There's a major difference: Android is designed to keep as much as it can in RAM, BB10 was never optimized for it. Don't kill Android apps unless you're not going to use the app being closed for a few weeks, and leave system apps alone altogether. Android is built to manage its own memory as well as keep as many apps open as RAM allows, and it will close less-often used apps on its own based on how it learns your usage. Force-closing apps destabilizes the system with unexpected behavior, as well as uses more battery because the system needs to re-open and reload anything that wasn't supposed to be closed. It doesn't cost the system any resources to have RAM being used, but it will use more CPU and consequently more battery to keep opening Android apps from scratch.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-27-17 11:17 AM
    This android ram management system theoretically should be optimized.
    But I never used an android device which manage the ram properly, I used more than 5 real android devices.

Maybe new versions android do it better, but from version 2 to version 4, android manage ram pretty bad.

First android devices with 512 and 1gb Ram got expired super quickly because after installing few apps, people noticed that the phone was not usable anymore.

So people using android has to change of phone every year more of less, and it is because they manage the ram very bad

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dpgo; 06-30-17 at 09:58 AM.
    06-29-17 01:55 PM
    There's a major difference: Android is designed to keep as much as it can in RAM, BB10 was never optimized for it. Don't kill Android apps unless you're not going to use the app being closed for a few weeks, and leave system apps alone altogether. Android is built to manage its own memory as well as keep as many apps open as RAM allows, and it will close less-often used apps on its own based on how it learns your usage. Force-closing apps destabilizes the system with unexpected behavior, as well as uses more battery because the system needs to re-open and reload anything that wasn't supposed to be closed. It doesn't cost the system any resources to have RAM being used, but it will use more CPU and consequently more battery to keep opening Android apps from scratch.
    Never really gave it much thought but your theory makes sense pertaining to BB10. Although from what I've observed, having at least one android app open will keep the android runtime engaged and it won't have to reboot from scratch if you accidentally close something
    06-30-17 11:50 AM