Seems like most of the posters have modified bb10 with side loaded apps, google playstore, etc. Anyone cranking away on a fully stock BB10 device?
    11-04-16 07:53 AM
    Yeah there are a few guys around like that.
    Every time you see someone ask 'how can I remove the android ecosystem? I never use it, and it's wasting space.' then you know you've spotted one.

Posted via CB10
    sbullet46 and acovey like this.
    11-04-16 08:04 AM
    Mine would be pretty close. I have a Classic with a few 'droid apps on it, like Kobo, Kindle, Bible - but they were all load straight from the App store.

I did at one point install Cobalt's Google environment, but I couldn't get things working with the dual factor authentication that we have at work and so I un-wound that.

Eventually I'll make the plunge to Android, likely with a PRIV, but for the time being it's my trusty Classic, which just got dropped out of the holster again last night but just keeps on trucking.
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 08:08 AM
    I expect that a majority of BB10 corporate users are not using very many Android Apps - Well outside of ported apps in BBW and maybe a few Amazon Apps.

Do dream about "what if" and imagine what BB10 could have been if it was a PURE QNX OS...... and the apps were all written for just BB10.
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 08:28 AM
    Do dream about "what if" and imagine what BB10 could have been if it was a PURE QNX OS...... and the apps were all written for just BB10.
    +1
    That would have been wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 09:27 AM
    I expect that a majority of BB10 corporate users are not using very many Android Apps - Well outside of ported apps in BBW and maybe a few Amazon Apps.

My BB10 devices are fully stock. I have two Amazon Android apps I use: Audible and an AWS Control application. My wife's is fully stock, just native applications from BBW and apps that I write for her.

I'm curios however what you mean by a PURE QNX OS. Would that be one without the Android Run Time? If so, when I run Windows applications on Linux using Wine does that mean I don't have a PURE Linux OS?
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 10:49 AM
    Seems like most of the posters have modified bb10 with side loaded apps, google playstore, etc. Anyone cranking away on a fully stock BB10 device?
    BB10 is not modified, we just installed Apk and run them with the Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 02:07 PM
    I do not have play store or anything. Only android apps I've installed are through Amazon store. So I think that's what you're looking for. Had my Z30 now for 3 full years.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 02:31 PM
    Me! I only use what's available in BlackBerry app world.

Also, I don't touch the amazon built in apps, they want access to location etc. Not interested, so I haven't opened them and hide them in a folder of junk built in apps.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    sbullet46 and acovey like this.
    11-04-16 03:05 PM
    Yeah. My mom's Q5. I don't think she has any apps that are Android on it. She really does not need apps. Although with WhatsApp killing suport that might change. I've been trying out a used Nexus 5 for the past month myself and have been looking at possibly getting a new phone. Might make my trusty Z30 into a pure BB10 device and use it as an email powerhouse. Well that's what it always was anyway. Besides lack of useable apps and faster hardware the Z30 is the better phone IMO.
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 03:17 PM
    Even so, in comparison to, say, Android, the distinction between factory fresh BB10 and BB10 + PlayStore is negligible. The OS outside of the Android domain is the same as it ever was.
    sbullet46 likes this.
    11-04-16 03:26 PM
    Me! I only use what's available in BlackBerry app world.
    There are plenty of Android apps in BB World. Some of them are just "wrapped" in a BAR file and others were somewhat more robustly "ported" - but they're still Android apps and wouldn't work if the Runtime was removed. Not everything in BB World is a native Cascades-type app.
    anon(3641385) and rthonpm like this.
    11-04-16 10:37 PM
    Thanks troy. I really don't care too much for apps, just have a relevant few, and a few more just to support bb10 app devs.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    11-04-16 10:55 PM