Yea as titled stated is it still a good idea to pay for any BB apps at the bb market? As far as I've read bbos is closing its doors sooner than anyone could imagine..
    Besides, what really is going to happen if bbos is going to 'shutdown'?
    Will we be able to use any kind of services at all?
    Or do we really have to switch devices.
    I really love my passport and I can live without a fb app, so yea..
    What's your opinion on this?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 12:18 PM
    If u pay for your app, your app will be on your device for years, and even if BBW were closed you will continue using this app.

Buy as many as you need to keep your device working for some additional years.

A also u ca use many android apps which are using the f@k@ng google services if u install cobalt's apps, and u patch the android apk.

It is pity that a proper OS based in a flavour of unix and the amazing QT is failing when worse OS are succeding... but I suppose BlackBerry was so arrogant doing this way on its own, when you are weak you need alliances, standards, and not reinvent the wheel.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 05:50 PM
    why not?
    looking for new-usable produktiv app's on BBW all the time, and most important, I get regular updates from native built-for-blackberry app's too, from app's I bought years ago too.
    From this 60 odd app's on my device I get updates every few days, not as often as in the beginning, but this app's are evolved and are very reliable now and still get love from the developer.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 03-18-16 at 06:40 AM.
    03-18-16 03:14 AM
    Yes, I'm buying them, for the same reason I'd buy new tires for an automobile scheduled to-be no longer in production, but is in great condition and my everyday driver. For as long as it serves my purposes, I want it to ride as efficiently and productively as possible to get the most from my investment.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 05:01 AM
    Who said BlackBerry world is closing??

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 05:40 AM
    I think still worthy to have BB10 for their productivity and simplicity but for people who need apps they have to buy device from either IOS or android and currently most people have at least 2 device one for productivity and another for apps

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 06:15 AM
    If blackberry world will close down one can use the apps without problems. The problem appears when you do a reload of the OS without restoring of a backup. Then you are up the creek, right? Any workaround?
    03-18-16 06:27 AM
    Who said BlackBerry world is closing??

Posted via CB10
    It can't close thousands of apps are added every month per what BlackBerry says

Wish you could add laugh emoticon in the cb app.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:45 AM
    Your Passport was worth more than $700 when released. I'm sure you could spend extra $5 on Face 10 to keep Facebook working. It is better than the actual native Facebook app on Android and IOS since there is no ad.

BlackBerry 10 experience is good if you are willing to pay for some apps.

I have Supertube for YouTube which is better than the native YouTube app with the ad blocking and offline video preloading.

BeMaps 10 for Google Maps

And many more.

There are still great apps on BlackBerry World with lots of good developers that update them.

And BlackBerry World is not closing anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and Superdupont 2_0 like this.
    03-18-16 10:50 AM
    I think it is CB consensus that OS 10 will not get any great new features, but the appstore will stay.
    I will continue to buy apps,but I realized that some are not available for the Passport so I have to buy apks in the Amazon Appstore.

For example Groovy Notes and A Day In Life from XLABZ.
    I knew these apps from the PlayBook, but never really used them, because I am slow on VKBs.
    However, on the Passport these two apps are just great, it feels like they have been made for the Passport (or vice versa).
    Also eBooks are great fun on the Passport.
    03-18-16 06:52 PM
    If you want it then buy it. BB10 won't suddenly just stop working, it's just EOL. Also, remember that apps from the Amazon store can be used on any android.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:07 PM
    You can still use BBW for BBOS, BBW isn't going anywhere yet

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:12 PM
    Yea as titled stated is it still a good idea to pay for any BB apps at the bb market? As far as I've read bbos is closing its doors sooner than anyone could imagine..
    Besides, what really is going to happen if bbos is going to 'shutdown'?
    Will we be able to use any kind of services at all?
    Or do we really have to switch devices.
    I really love my passport and I can live without a fb app, so yea..
    What's your opinion on this?

Posted via CB10
    I buy BB10 apps all the time. First to support the work of dedicated developers. Second, as I need those apps. So, yes... it is a good idea. Let's support them. And most of those apps are what? 99 cents? 2 dollars? 3 ? Worth every cent!

Posted via CB10
    sid89 likes this.
    03-18-16 07:26 PM
    Making ourselves too paranoid! We are over analyzing the situation! BlackBerry did not or have not made any announcement "yet" that they are killing or abandoning the BB10 OS. Go on purchase any app. It is still worth it.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone!
    Well I've already bought some apps off bbw but was unsure though even though my PP serves me veery well for my work upto today.
    Recently purchased the face10 app and it's wonderful.
    And yea I might have exaggerated a bit haha oh well.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:36 PM
    I think it is CB consensus that OS 10 will not get any great new features, but the appstore will stay.
    I will continue to buy apps,but I realized that some are not available for the Passport so I have to buy apks in the Amazon Appstore.

For example Groovy Notes and A Day In Life from XLABZ.
    I knew these apps from the PlayBook, but never really used them, because I am slow on VKBs.
    However, on the Passport these two apps are just great, it feels like they have been made for the Passport (or vice versa).
    Also eBooks are great fun on the Passport.
    Awesome apps, especially groovy notes. Replaced my native Remember app now. Got both, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 04:04 AM