Is it still wise to advise someone a BlackBerry 10 device? I used todo this but dont want to be blamed if they pullout the plug in a year.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:15 PM
    I too used to do it almost everytime...and have also made so many buy it...but I am afraid to do that anymore...coz all those who took and all those who I can convince are the ones who asks for apps. So thinking about both apps and uncertainties about bb10 future, I dont suggest bb10 to anybody anymore....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-12-16 12:19 PM
    I do with saying only if you dont need apps but OS updates cant be ignored.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:22 PM
    It depends on the individual that you would be recommending to, BB10 isn't for social media junkies, or anyone whom likes to use most popular portals such as SnapChat etc.

Like others have said, BB10 updates are only going to be security patches from here on out. So no, I wouldn't recommend BB10 to anyone at this stage.

I'm not anti-BB10, not at all. I love it's fluidity and multi-tasking gestured based OS, you simply cannot recommend someone to jump on a sinking ship with you. In fact, I'd love to have the Passport SE but due to the uncertainty of how long this OS will be viable puts me off the hefty full retail price.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    03-12-16 01:16 PM
    I am on a PP SE its just a shame that ppl are missing all the good stuff. Today I had 2 comments from ppl huh a BlackBerry? I used to had one ppl dont know it still exists.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 01:22 PM
    fear of BlackBerry phones being discontinued has nothing to do with whether it is good now. its the best to me, but so is BBOS7, so why listen to me? i will pick another brand only when i can no longer use BlackBerry. i still think they could come back into popular use, if people only know.

interesting with all the shouting going on in the media about how apple protects your privacy there is not a peep about BlackBerrys. its no coincidence there is a media blackout except for negative news.

how you use a phone will affect whether you want a BlackBerry. if BlackBerry can do it all, it does it the best, IMO.
    03-12-16 01:27 PM
    heck no!
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-12-16 01:47 PM
    I have a couple of spares that I lone out for people to try if they are interested. No one who has ended up buying one as regretted it. One friend just got a Leap from work and got rid of his Samsung because it just can't do what the Leap can.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-12-16 04:39 PM
    I Just received my PPSE for Xmas leaving my Z10 behind. I am a little worried as had the chance to choose a Priv or an iphone. I use apps heavily like snapchat and periscope, so have an ipod to do so. I just love the productivity of bb10! But now like I said to my brother in law who needs an upgrade from his Z10 and my wife also, I can't recommend as we don't know how long bb10 will last. Plus they both use whatsapp heavily for work. So they are both upgrading to iphones.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 06:07 PM
    Now that bb10 is DOA I wouldn't at all. If they don't know I let them know BB10 is not being developed anymore and that's usually enough to discourage them. I mean I like my z30 but when this dies I'm done with BlackBerry. They moved in a direction that doesn't suit me needs anymore so we'll part ways.

Who wants to buy something that's not being developed or worked on anymore especially in the smart phone world. Recipe for disaster in the technology space.

And I don't like the Priv, so i won't be recommending that phone to anyone. Too be honest I haven't seen one in the wild. My business partner had it for a bit and hated and returned it. So he went back to his passport. But that's the only one I seen. I don't imagine they sold a lot of them at all and I live in Toronto where BlackBerry is seen everywhere.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-13-16 11:13 AM
    I tell people if you don't care about the apps, get BB10.

Otherwise, stay clear.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 11:23 AM
    Frankly I wouldn't even recommend a Priv to anyone now. I wouldn't want to be blamed if ever BlackBerry close down their hardware division.
    03-13-16 11:26 AM
    As long as you tell them what they're getting into. Its strengths and its limitations.

True fact- I used to have a Mazda RX8. It was a beautiful car, but the rotary is a unique engine. When people asked me if they should get one I'd explain "it's slower than a V6 but burns more gas than a V8. If you can get past that, it drives like a dream."

Nobody ever bought one based on my recommendation, and I don't mind that one bit.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-13-16 11:40 AM
    Is it still wise to advise someone a BlackBerry 10 device? I used todo this but dont want to be blamed if they pullout the plug in a year.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? I still do if the project fits. No reason not to. Phones are reliable, price is hard to match, specially Leap, and some features no else has (like Classic and physical keyboard). + rock solid BB10 OS and full MDM using Silver license on a BES12 server..... What is wrong with all that?? :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-13-16 10:11 PM
    Why not? I still do if the project fits. No reason not to. Phones are reliable, price is hard to match, specially Leap, and some features no else has (like Classic and physical keyboard). + rock solid BB10 OS and full MDM using Silver license on a BES12 server..... What is wrong with all that?? :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The software is so outdated. The browser is one example I can give. If ghe the browser wasn't so crappy I'd still be on my z30. Love that phone but too many things were getting unbearable or just unusable on it. I'd say no at this point. Anxious to see what they update in the 10.3.3 update. I'd like to see some browser fixes

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-13-16 10:21 PM
    I went to a car dealership today to buy a car and all the sales people were going oou!! Ahh!!! That's a nice phone what is it? I said it was a BlackBerry Passport and they just thought it was the coolest thing. I told them if they have a lot of text to enter for msg's and emails then it's great but if they need apps then it's not so good. Even taking pictures and video is great on the Passport. I just can't in good faith recommend BB10 to anyone anymore.
    I even said that I would ride this ship right to shore but every time a new app becomes unavailable due to Google Play Services, I find myself leaning on the side of getting an Android phone. The only thing that is holding me back is I love the Passport's PK and I will need to find a phone that is not too expensive that will be getting Marshmallow. Looking at the Moto x Play right now. It has a large battery and fast charging.

It is a very sad year indeed. ���

Posted via CB10
    sid89 and Killjoyhere like this.
    03-13-16 10:26 PM
    Only if u can buy on sale a priv for around $150 or a classic or passport for around $100. Why buy a phone whose os will be discontinued within a year. For the pirates at blackberry to continue to sell bb10 phones at full price when they know the os will soon die is unconsciencable. And when bb10 dies the Priv support will soon die within months. So no unless at a big discount

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-14-16 12:22 AM
    No just waiting for my z10 to die then.over to a good windows phone. Would not recommend

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-14-16 04:14 AM
    I would recommend a Blackberry if they aren't reliant on the major apps, and all they do is use SMS, make calls, and browse the Web. They will appreciate how super efficient and intuitive BB10 is compared to the competition.

I told a few of my friends about the multitasking, the hub, the file manager, and Blackberry Blend, and they are impressed, but once they heard about the app situation, they became disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    asiayeah and Killjoyhere like this.
    03-14-16 04:51 AM
    I'm using my passport and can work with the gliches in the os. My gf use her z10 and she's happy with it.

But advice to someone other? No I don't think so.
    Specials because I don't thing, there will be much os improvement and bugfixing in the future.

I can live with it, and love the usability, but at the same I hate the old gliches and bad support.

モーニング娘。15 ... my BlackBerryZ : Storm9500, Torch9860, Bold9900, Z10, Passport
    03-14-16 07:41 AM
    The software is so outdated. The browser is one example I can give. If ghe the browser wasn't so crappy I'd still be on my z30. Love that phone but too many things were getting unbearable or just unusable on it. I'd say no at this point. Anxious to see what they update in the 10.3.3 update. I'd like to see some browser fixes

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    What is the problem with the browser? I find myself a lot of times moving from my iPhone 6 on iOS 9 to my Passport to use its Web browser to be able to access properly a lot of Web sites I am not able to on the iPhone....

I am not saying there is no problem, just trying to understand where it is happening...

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 11:00 AM
    I went to a car dealership today to buy a car and all the sales people were going oou!! Ahh!!! That's a nice phone what is it? I said it was a BlackBerry Passport and they just thought it was the coolest thing. I told them if they have a lot of text to enter for msg's and emails then it's great but if they need apps then it's not so good. Even taking pictures and video is great on the Passport. I just can't in good faith recommend BB10 to anyone anymore.
    I even said that I would ride this ship right to shore but every time a new app becomes unavailable due to Google Play Services, I find myself leaning on the side of getting an Android phone. The only thing that is holding me back is I love the Passport's PK and I will need to find a phone that is not too expensive that will be getting Marshmallow. Looking at the Moto x Play right now. It has a large battery and fast charging.

It is a very sad year indeed. ���

Posted via CB10
    I'm planning to get a very cheap android just get an Uber-like app called go-jek. I hate it. I don't want it, but I need it.
    03-14-16 11:24 AM
    I would say any Blackberry (Android or BB10) device right now is not a smart buy.
    Killjoyhere and JeepBB like this.
    03-14-16 11:27 AM
    BB10 cant even do the simplest phone operations smoothly or efficiently (calls and text)
    03-14-16 12:16 PM
    Are you ashamed of using a BB10 device? It's a pity that you are so affected by the negativity spewing on this forum. Tsk tsk.

 📱📶
    03-14-16 12:24 PM
44 12