04-20-17 02:45 PM
153 1234 ...
tools
    No, more like we can see through JC's obvious attempts to get BB10 owners to stick around and sell existing BB10 inventory until they can ramp up their Android development enough.
    Wow. That's pretty cynical. Maybe Chen is a big fat liar; do you know him that well? Also, maybe you think it's obvious what will happen -- a lot of forum denizens seem to feel the same way -- but if it's so, so obvious, why spend your time and energy trying to convince others you're correct? -- and why the oblique "The writing is on the wall..." insult?
    01-16-16 01:38 PM
    Without accusing Mr.Chen of being a liar, its pretty clear that BB10 has gone the way of BB OS7.
    The fact that it has be reported in many news sites like Reuters that BlackBerry laid off almost the entire bb10 dev team and no new devices for 2016. And according to some reports that since that they are officially making Android handsets they had to sign on to Google's OHA agreement which nixes any chance of further enhancing the Android runtime time , I would say that it's safe to say BB10 is done.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    lift likes this.
    01-16-16 04:49 PM
    Are we a little Sick of these freekin threads yet ?
    01-16-16 04:52 PM
    Buh! How can you say that when 10.3.3 obviously demonstrates that BlackBerry is spending every cent of Priv revenue on improving BlackBerry 10, the master race of productivity?

They will release a full touch BB10 phone in 2017 with Google Play Services, Lithuanian and a track pad, and Apple will go bankrupt and BlackBerry will be #1 again!
    Whoa....gimme some that stuff!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 04:54 PM
    Wow. That's pretty cynical. Maybe Chen is a big fat liar; do you know him that well? Also, maybe you think it's obvious what will happen -- a lot of forum denizens seem to feel the same way -- but if it's so, so obvious, why spend your time and energy trying to convince others you're correct? -- and why the oblique "The writing is on the wall..." insult?
    Who called Chen a liar? I'm saying BB10 fans are reading way too much into the "we remain committed to BB10" line.

They "remain committed" to BBOS, too, or they'd shut down all the BIS servers.
    Bluenoser63 and JeepBB like this.
    01-16-16 05:49 PM
    Who said BB10 won't be developed anymore? Are you fkin kidding me, they just transferred thousands of customers to BB10 platform on BES and now they will stop developing it further....y'all need to really let Chen and friends do their job and not assume...BB10 can't stop, its too damn good.
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...10-developers/

Read that ^^^

They put a lot of effort into saying they haven't even scheduled updates to the API or SDK, they're not updating to the latest version of Cascades, they're not updating the Android runtime (which is now two major versions behind).

The only OS updates they have planned so far for 2016 are security-related. No new UI changes, no new functionality.

Will BB10 phones stop working tomorrow? Of course not. But what you see now in BB10 hardware and software will be virtually the same a year from now.

Meanwhile, we'll see a whole new crop of iOS, Android, and Windows phones along with major OS updates.

And let's not forget BES12 supports all those platforms, too.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-16-16 06:10 PM
    Newfangled. Reply to your first post.
    Disagree with your assessment. They had a chance with bb10 but it was killed by the huge failure rates experienced on the z10. Had they say had the z30 as the first bb10 phone I think they would have faired much better. But they had such a huge stock of dodgy z10s that they kept pushing them to corporate clients. A large number of people got turned off BlackBerry as this dodgy stock kept getting rolled out. That in my opinion killed bb10 more than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 07:05 PM
    If it had Google Play, I'd be back on the Passport tomorrow. I just can't do without it, and I'm no fan of patching apps with spotty results.

Posted via CB10
    If I had a million dollars, I'd be rich....

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-16-16 07:13 PM
    Newfangled. Reply to your first post.
    Disagree with your assessment. They had a chance with bb10 but it was killed by the huge failure rates experienced on the z10. Had they say had the z30 as the first bb10 phone I think they would have faired much better. But they had such a huge stock of dodgy z10s that they kept pushing them to corporate clients. A large number of people got turned off BlackBerry as this dodgy stock kept getting rolled out. That in my opinion killed bb10 more than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone kicks the Z10, I am not sure why it is considered such a bad phone. It was OK in the pool of touch devices... yes a little overpriced but not a bad phone. I doubt that Z30 would have changed anything if it was the first 10.
    Someone was making a good case that nothing will change /improve with the OS... unfortunately probably he is right but I personally still hope that new devices will be released every 2 years. Wishful thinking...

Powered by BB10
    Last edited by mousii; 01-16-16 at 08:12 PM.
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    01-16-16 07:45 PM
    Google and Microsoft have to get into a spat serious enough they'd put Google services on BlackBerry just to spite Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 10:45 PM
    But it is not dead or axed.
    01-17-16 12:18 AM
    Are we a little Sick of these freekin threads yet ?
    Nope, I'll take any opportunity I can to bash that steaming pile of junk known as Android.
    01-17-16 12:55 AM
    Nope, I'll take any opportunity I can to bash that steaming pile of junk known as Android.
    Coming from you, that's nothing new.

*C5303
    01-17-16 02:30 AM
    Everyone kicks the Z10, I am not sure why it is considered such a bad phone. It was OK in the pool of touch devices... yes a little overpriced but not a bad phone. I doubt that Z30 would have changed anything if it was the first 10.
    Someone was making a good case that nothing will change /improve with the OS... unfortunately probably he is right but I personally still hope that new devices will be released every 2 years. Wishful thinking...

Powered by BB10
    Agree. I used my Z10 until the start of this week.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 05:33 AM
    Everyone kicks the Z10, I am not sure why it is considered such a bad phone.
    Two words: Detwiler Fenton.

The Z10 is an excellent phone. After a year tearing my hair out with a Sammy, I didn't think I'd ever use a vkb again. The Z10 vkb was incredible, and even that early version of Blackberry 10 was a breathtaking improvement.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-17-16 08:08 AM