I have to agree. If we could just get a decent selection of apps that run well on BBOS there would be zero reason to switch OS.
    As is, it is a great system.

But overall, I want BlackBerry to keep making handsets because handsets means PKB and that's what I need more than anything.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 03:49 PM
    Hope springs eternal.
    Indeed.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-17-16 04:20 PM
    I have to agree. If we could just get a decent selection of apps that run well on BBOS there would be zero reason to switch OS.
    As is, it is a great system.

But overall, I want BlackBerry to keep making handsets because handsets means PKB and that's what I need more than anything.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BlackBerry ever though of that..

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 04:38 PM
    Its good but dream on.

Posted via Z30
    So let's all dream on and we will see...
    01-17-16 07:19 PM
    There's already a more than decent selection of apps available on the Amazon Appstore.

Seems like the majority of people don't consider anything except Google Play to be an adequate app store?
    01-18-16 09:00 AM
    There's already a more than decent selection of apps available on the Amazon Appstore.

Seems like the majority of people don't consider anything except Google Play to be an adequate app store?
    "More than decent" is apparently not good enough for the average smartphone user.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-18-16 09:05 AM
    Same thing could be said for iOS and Android.

Compared to iDroid, I think BlackBerry 10 probably progressed the fastest from it's launch state to where it is now. It took iOS several versions to get to a point where it only kinda sorta handles email attachments properly.
    Yes, but the iPhone was not following a bevy of existing smartphones, the Z10 was. Blackberry had a loyal following, and they were trying to attract new users who were used to, what was by then, mature iPhones and Android devices. What Blackberry put out, was buggy and problematic, sorry, but it was, I had one, still do. Initially though, I was unable to sync to a Mac, the Mac Link software they initially released would not sync the calendar or contacts. It would sync media, but for most Blackberry users, media wasn't something they needed synced, they could be transferred via dang and drop. The calendar and contacts were necessary.

I am fully aware of how bad the iPhone still handles, or rather, doesn't handle attachments, this is one of the biggest reasons I don't use one, and prefer Blackberry. But once again, when the iPhone launched, there was nothing else like it. They attracted users, and by the time BB10 came out, the iPhone had matured, and gave its users what they wanted. BB10 was, and still is light years ahead of the iPhone in may ways, but initially, it turned people off because if its issues. Yes they have been corrected, for the most part, unfortunately though, the OS never gained traction because of its initial failure.

For me, I hold on to my Z10. I consider other BB10 devices, but the Z10 works well for me, namely because I can change the battery.
    01-18-16 10:34 AM
    Yes, but the iPhone was not following a bevy of existing smartphones, the Z10 was. Blackberry had a loyal following, and they were trying to attract new users who were used to, what was by then, mature iPhones and Android devices. What Blackberry put out, was buggy and problematic, sorry, but it was, I had one, still do. Initially though, I was unable to sync to a Mac, the Mac Link software they initially released would not sync the calendar or contacts. It would sync media, but for most Blackberry users, media wasn't something they needed synced, they could be transferred via dang and drop. The calendar and contacts were necessary.

I am fully aware of how bad the iPhone still handles, or rather, doesn't handle attachments, this is one of the biggest reasons I don't use one, and prefer Blackberry. But once again, when the iPhone launched, there was nothing else like it. They attracted users, and by the time BB10 came out, the iPhone had matured, and gave its users what they wanted. BB10 was, and still is light years ahead of the iPhone in may ways, but initially, it turned people off because if its issues. Yes they have been corrected, for the most part, unfortunately though, the OS never gained traction because of its initial failure.

For me, I hold on to my Z10. I consider other BB10 devices, but the Z10 works well for me, namely because I can change the battery.
    Sorry. The iPhone may handle attachments differently than BB10 but I think the iPhone is quite a bit better than BB10. Have native Office Apple iWork and Google Docs to choose from for instance. And the Docs are synced automatically from desk to tablet and phone.
    01-18-16 11:54 AM
    Sorry. The iPhone may handle attachments differently than BB10 but I think the iPhone is quite a bit better than BB10. Have native Office Apple iWork and Google Docs to choose from for instance. And the Docs are synced automatically from desk to tablet and phone.
    It's better for you. For me, it won't work due to my specific needs. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone, it is simply too limiting for many reasons.

As for my "light years ahead" statement, before the 6s, the Z10 had more RAM, it still has non-crippled NFC, it has a file manager, can save any attachment, whether or not you have an app installed to handle it, has HDMI out, has a microSD slot, at the time of the Z10's introduction, it truly multi-tasked, iOS didn't, BB10 has a much more efficient interface with regards to navigating through the device using gestures instead on ONE button, the HUB makes communication much more efficient, I can also limit the way a given email account downloads email, header only, no images, 5KB limit, 10KB limit, 20KB limit, 50KB limit, or 100KB limit, and I can customize that separately for Roaming date, cellular data or WIFI. You simply have more control on BB10, and I need that, for my specific use. Not everyone will use a phone the way I do, and that is why different phones appeal to different people. Many people do not have very demanding needs either, that it why so many people can use an iPhone. Hey, I use iOS on an iPod Touch, for one app I need for my business. I hate iOS though, it is clunky as hell in comparison to BB10, sorry, but it is. I use both. It works, but BB10 is a nicer OS. Unfortunately it is barely supported by developers, and now barely supported by Blackberry themselves.

Now, if you have one email address, and you don't need various oddball attachments, and you don't need the extra storage afforded by a card, and you don't need to change your battery, then the iPhone is great, and I mean that, it is a good phone. I tried to buy a new 6s recently, unfortunately it won't do what I need it to do. It is a shame. I still may end up with one in the future if Blackberry continues down the road it is on, since i will not do Android...at the moment...I hate Google's privacy issues.

Enjoy your iPhone, it is a good phone. As a very wise wine expert said during a wine lecture I attended, "If you like the wine, it is a good wine." So to paraphrase, "If you like your phone, it is a good phone."
    01-18-16 02:51 PM
    It's better for you. For me, it won't work due to my specific needs. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone, it is simply too limiting for many reasons.

As for my "light years ahead" statement, before the 6s, the Z10 had more RAM, it still has non-crippled NFC, it has a file manager, can save any attachment, whether or not you have an app installed to handle it, has HDMI out, has a microSD slot, at the time of the Z10's introduction, it truly multi-tasked, iOS didn't, BB10 has a much more efficient interface with regards to navigating through the device using gestures instead on ONE button, the HUB makes communication much more efficient, I can also limit the way a given email account downloads email, header only, no images, 5KB limit, 10KB limit, 20KB limit, 50KB limit, or 100KB limit, and I can customize that separately for Roaming date, cellular data or WIFI. You simply have more control on BB10, and I need that, for my specific use. Not everyone will use a phone the way I do, and that is why different phones appeal to different people. Many people do not have very demanding needs either, that it why so many people can use an iPhone. Hey, I use iOS on an iPod Touch, for one app I need for my business. I hate iOS though, it is clunky as hell in comparison to BB10, sorry, but it is. I use both. It works, but BB10 is a nicer OS. Unfortunately it is barely supported by developers, and now barely supported by Blackberry themselves.

Now, if you have one email address, and you don't need various oddball attachments, and you don't need the extra storage afforded by a card, and you don't need to change your battery, then the iPhone is great, and I mean that, it is a good phone. I tried to buy a new 6s recently, unfortunately it won't do what I need it to do. It is a shame. I still may end up with one in the future if Blackberry continues down the road it is on, since i will not do Android...at the moment...I hate Google's privacy issues.

Enjoy your iPhone, it is a good phone. As a very wise wine expert said during a wine lecture I attended, "If you like the wine, it is a good wine." So to paraphrase, "If you like your phone, it is a good phone."
    I don't find much usable with BB10. I'm deciding now whether to replace my month or two old Passport with a note 5 or wait for a Vienna. I have gigs of online storage with apple and a lot with google, and can get more. Likewise unlimited data. Why mess with cards. Likewise why save a doc I don't have a app for. Although I can't think of any. The real issue is apps for work though. I do molecular genetics research. Go to a scientific meeting and the entire agenda is on an app for Android and ios, but never BlackBerry. Then there are airline apps, messaging, cross platform task managers and so on. BlackBerry just does very little other than email. I do wish the. Iphone had a replaceable battery though. As for the OS, as I've said before, iphone make crappy blackberries. They have a more powerful and flexible usage paradigm than Blackberrys

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 04:51 PM
    I don't find much usable with BB10. I'm deciding now whether to replace my month or two old Passport with a note 5 or wait for a Vienna. I have gigs of online storage with apple and a lot with google, and can get more. Likewise unlimited data. Why mess with cards. Likewise why save a doc I don't have a app for. Although I can't think of any. The real issue is apps for work though. I do molecular genetics research. Go to a scientific meeting and the entire agenda is on an app for Android and ios, but never BlackBerry. Then there are airline apps, messaging, cross platform task managers and so on. BlackBerry just does very little other than email. I do wish the. Iphone had a replaceable battery though. As for the OS, as I've said before, iphone make crappy blackberries. They have a more powerful and flexible usage paradigm than Blackberrys

Posted via CB10
    Apps are the issue and always have been. Great OS but no apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why mess with cards? Because my needs are different than yours. I don't use online storage, and won't. I am often in places where I don't have fast signal, or any signal and still need access to my data. Also, why require a person to go to the internet, when you can have the data locally? To me, it is an easy answer, locally wins hands down. It is faster, and always available.

Use your iPhone, it is an excellent device, it however, doesn't work for everyone. I need the better email capabilities, that is why I have a smartphone in the first place. iOS doesn't work for me. I also do not like its interface, and I work with it almost daily. Sorry, I have iOS, and I use BB10, BB10 is simply nicer, for me. I'm not requiring you to like it. If you like apps, and need them, no problem. I need ease of communication, the ability to save oddball attachments, a file manager, the ability to have more control over the use of data, and the way emails come in, and I have that with BB10, but not with iOS.
    ronfc, The_Passporter and YesAndNo like this.
    01-19-16 11:29 AM
    A pox on them...a travesty...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:13 AM
    Blackberry is a prime example of brilliance and complacency.
    I recall in the 80's the stories of U of Waterloo and silicon valley Kitchener.

Maybe no one expected such a grandiose advancement in mobile technology which BlackBerry pioneered and Apple improved.

But somewhere along the line, when it was apparent that BlackBerry 2007 wasn't BlackBerry 2005, RIM should have been more aggressive in their tactics and wait for the others to make their move.

In fact, BB10 should have been developed in 2007 when the iPhone came out.

So sorry, too late, buy a Priv.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-20-16 09:14 AM
    Its good but dream on.

Posted via Z30
    Dream on huh, why dont you look up what 10.3.3 consists of then come tell me to dream on. They have no plans to stop bb10 software bud. So dream on.
    10-17-16 12:50 PM
    Dream on huh, why dont you look up what 10.3.3 consists of then come tell me to dream on. They have no plans to stop bb10 software bud. So dream on.
    It consists of NIAP certification and a few bug fixes. So what's your point?
    JeepBB and Velocitymj like this.
    10-17-16 01:26 PM
    It consists of NIAP certification and a few bug fixes. So what's your point?
    Nothing is needed to prove my point, all I need to tell you is why would a software company waste its time, resources etc on a dead platform, guess its getting NIAP certification for the f*** of it and they threw in a few bug fixes for the addicts.
    10-17-16 01:31 PM
    What ticks me off is BB's attitude. Really does not matter whether it is hardware or software. Start a great product, do NO marketing, then drop for lack of supposed sales. OS10, Blend, the Passport (where will I find something with the width of the Passport). The list goes on.
    10-17-16 01:31 PM
    BlackBerry has always sucked at marketing. They wonder why their stuff doesn't sell well.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 09:18 PM
    To be fair, BB10 was hard to market, comparatively speaking. BBRY did market, but probably figured this out quickly.
    10-18-16 06:35 AM
    What ticks me off is BB's attitude. Really does not matter whether it is hardware or software. Start a great product, do NO marketing, then drop for lack of supposed sales. OS10, Blend, the Passport (where will I find something with the width of the Passport). The list goes on.
    Blend is a brilliant piece of software. Even without certain social apps, BB10/Passport could have been a hit. Chen didn't have his heart in putting capital into selling it or was not on his roadmap with Prem when he was hired.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 01:38 PM
    Never saw a company that fast changing ideas todo. Now suddenly GOOD is the best and android.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 02:50 PM
    BB10 is the best OS out there today and BlackBerry chose to bow down to the enemy and be a servant to them and shut down shop on their own product. Even if BlackBerry decided to release on BB10 device a year I would be content with just that. I find it sad and disgusting that BlackBerry sold their soul to the enemy but that's just my chump change to all this nonsense .

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    David Tyler and anon(4295315) like this.
    10-18-16 06:47 PM
    Nothing is needed to prove my point, all I need to tell you is why would a software company waste its time, resources etc on a dead platform, guess its getting NIAP certification for the f*** of it and they threw in a few bug fixes for the addicts.
    Guess what? They're not wasting their resources on OS10, because they killed it. The security patch was always in the works, and was due for release last March.
    And now it's October and a small patch is 7 months behind schedule.
    Supposedly BlackBerry has been waiting on certification. But 7 months (going on 8) is a bit ridiculous to believe.
    BlackBerry has stated that no major updates will be developed and their OS10 department is all but shuttered.
    I think all of us (I assume) wish that wasn't the case, but it is.
    If you want to delude yourself, that's your business.
    But I'm guessing that the majority here will stick with reality.

Posted via CB10
    chi-town311 likes this.
    10-18-16 07:25 PM
    Guess what? They're not wasting their resources on OS10, because they killed it. The security patch was always in the works, and was due for release last March.
    And now it's October and a small patch is 7 months behind schedule.
    Supposedly BlackBerry has been waiting on certification. But 7 months (going on 8) is a bit ridiculous to believe.
    BlackBerry has stated that no major updates will be developed and their OS10 department is all but shuttered.
    I think all of us (I assume) wish that wasn't the case, but it is.
    If you want to delude yourself, that's your business.
    But I'm guessing that the majority here will stick with reality.

Posted via CB10
    They also stated they are actively exploring third party licensing agreements for BB10 and have repeatedly reaffirmed their commitment to the platform.

 Z30
    10-18-16 08:46 PM
153 12345 ...