Best OS on the planet.

Seriously, I can't envision a better more fluid system...and it's going to die.

If only absolute stubbornness would not have prevailed at RIM back in 2008-10, this wouldn't be the case.

BlackBerry would have remained on top and this OS would have full access to all the apps anyone enough want.

Jobs and Apple can thank his lucky stars that RIM was stupid.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 03:55 PM
    In hindsight BB10 was DOA. Too little, too late.

I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I've already moved on. You should, too.

I try not to fret too much over the past and things out of my control. Just enjoy the ride and when it's over find another one.

Farewell BB10.
    01-15-16 04:30 PM
    Greater tragedies in the world. Life will go on.
    But enjoy it while we still have it.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 04:56 PM
    It's dead, use it while you can then look for something else.

All good things come to an end.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    01-15-16 05:02 PM
    So I guess JC's promises of not abandoning BB10 have fallen on deaf ears?
    01-15-16 05:18 PM
    Not axed per se... but more not developed. That means that you can continue to enjoy it but it will not progress.

Once another OS is better you can jump to the other one

Powered by BB10
    01-15-16 05:21 PM
    So I guess JC's promises of not abandoning BB10 have fallen on deaf ears?
    No, more like we can see through JC's obvious attempts to get BB10 owners to stick around and sell existing BB10 inventory until they can ramp up their Android development enough.

No new BB10 phones in 2016. No planned updates to the UI or functionality, just security updates. No planned updates to the developer tools. No planned updates to the Android runtime. Heck, the native Facebook and Twitter apps are in disrepair and have been in dire need of updates for months.

The writing is on the wall. Read it.
    dolco, jaydee5799, lift and 3 others like this.
    01-15-16 06:30 PM
    No, more like we can see through JC's obvious attempts to get BB10 owners to stick around and sell existing BB10 inventory until they can ramp up their Android development enough.

No new BB10 phones in 2016. No planned updates to the UI or functionality, just security updates. No planned updates to the developer tools. No planned updates to the Android runtime. Heck, the native Facebook and Twitter apps are in disrepair and have been in dire need of updates for months.

The writing is on the wall. Read it.
    Buh! How can you say that when 10.3.3 obviously demonstrates that BlackBerry is spending every cent of Priv revenue on improving BlackBerry 10, the master race of productivity?

They will release a full touch BB10 phone in 2017 with Google Play Services, Lithuanian and a track pad, and Apple will go bankrupt and BlackBerry will be #1 again!
    01-15-16 06:35 PM
    Buh! How can you say that when 10.3.3 obviously demonstrates that BlackBerry is spending every cent of Priv revenue on improving BlackBerry 10, the master race of productivity?

They will release a full touch BB10 phone in 2017 with Google Play Services, Lithuanian and a track pad, and Apple will go bankrupt and BlackBerry will be #1 again!
    I've got my pop corn ready! (Could be a long wait so I bought 2 sixty packs at the Costco.)
    01-15-16 07:46 PM
    Buh! 2017 with Google Play Services,
    Oh...please don't ruin it by including google Play Services...may as well throw in the towel and buy Android and stick a tracking chip in my a**. (Yes, I know your post wasn't serious.)
    01-15-16 07:52 PM
    Oh...please don't ruin it by including google Play Services...may as well throw in the towel and buy Android and stick a tracking chip in my a**. (Yes, I know your post wasn't serious.)
    I believe towel was thrown in already. BB10 is waving the white towel now.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) and PHughes like this.
    01-15-16 07:58 PM
    The smartphone battle is to integrate from desktop to phone. Microsoft, Apple and Google are going to fight that out. BBs only chance in that battle is to join Android.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-15-16 08:06 PM
    Someone joked about it, but just imagine if BB10 had Google play.

It would be unstoppable

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:49 PM
    I dunno. I'm not going to consider it dead yet. I'll wait and see what 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 bring. Haven't they sold a pile of BlackBerry 10 devices to governments and the like? They can't just abandon it (can they?). It seems like a much different scenario than webOS or even the PlayBook.

Also, the android functionality is still pretty solid even if it is only 4.3. Besides snapchat, I haven't come across an app that didn't work.

Also bb10 has a good core group of developers keeping the app situation going. Buy their apps, people. I just can't see myself quitting the passport anytime soon.

When it's all said and done, I'll move to an android but im not sure it's gonna be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-15-16 11:58 PM
    Someone joked about it, but just imagine if BB10 had Google play.

It would be unstoppable

Posted via CB10
    It does.... Somewhat.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:59 PM
    Lol they stuck the towel in with the tracking chip. Hard to throw from there

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    PHughes likes this.
    01-16-16 12:33 AM

As long as they make sure to include Lithuanian then they will be unstoppable!!

Posted via CB10
    PHughes and anon(9803228) like this.
    01-16-16 09:34 AM
    It is not dead until you stop using it. Stop being so dramatic about unimportant things.

I am sorry that BlackBerry does not release BlackBerry 10 phones so that you can waste money on it. Just be glad that BlackBerry is still updating BlackBerry 10 phones.

BlackBerry Z10, which is the first BlackBerry 10 phone is going to receive the latest update in 2016.

However, Samsung Galaxy S4, released around The same time, will not be receiving the latest Android 6.0.

And legacy Windows 8 phones, released around the same time as BlackBerry Z10, are buggy with the latest Windows 10 mobile update.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by skstrials; 01-16-16 at 10:29 AM.
    01-16-16 09:47 AM
    It is not dead until his stop using it. Stop being so dramatic about unimportant things.

I am sorry that BlackBerry does not release BlackBerry 10 phones so that you can waste money on it. Just be glad that BlackBerry is still updating BlackBerry 10 phones.

BlackBerry Z10, which is the first BlackBerry 10 phone is going to receive the latest update in 2016.

However, Samsung Galaxy S4, released around The same time, will not be receiving the latest Android 6.0.

And legacy Windows 8 phones, released around the same time as BlackBerry Z10, are buggy with the latest Windows 10 mobile update.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent points skstrials, this should be published loud and clear, people don't see this, don't know it - including myself.

I think this would be an excellent thread on Android Central, I am sure people don't realize this significant difference. If you open such a thread post a link here so we check it out too.