I don't get it , isn't this an obvious feature that should have been there in the beginning. My basic non smartphone from work does it.

Come on BlackBerry get with it. You updated the stupid calculator but not other issues like this or the REBOOT problem. I don't get it?

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-16-13 10:03 AM
    I don't want a landscape home screen. Completely unnecesary.
    05-16-13 10:10 AM
    I don't get it , isn't this an obvious feature that should have been there in the beginning. My basic non smartphone from work does it.

Come on BlackBerry get with it. You updated the stupid calculator but not other issues like this or the REBOOT problem. I don't get it?

Posted via CB10
    If they made a landscape homescreen, you would have seen BB10 on the Playbook. Isn't that even more obvious?
    05-16-13 10:15 AM
    It's this basic function lacking that gives the impression that BlackBerry 10 is unfinished.
    It is annoying that they can't seem to fit this in and it doesn't show off BlackBerry in a good light

Posted via CB10
    robitaille93 and ihys like this.
    05-16-13 10:18 AM
    Yeah this is not a big thing. The browser, the hub and apps rotate. Don't much care about the icons.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    05-16-13 10:24 AM
    Point is BASIC non smart phones do it.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:33 AM
    Then my iPhone and a lot of stock Androids are unfinished.
    Consistency is the key here, friend.
    05-16-13 10:38 AM
    i don't really care for nor see a point to having my homescreen be in landscape mode. Just because basic phones do it doesn't mean current phones need to if it's a useless feature (in my opinion)
    SINGIDUNUM11, KemKev and Juango94 like this.
    05-16-13 10:38 AM
    I don't agree with the OP at all. This would drive me nuts

Black Tie Z10
    Blacula and brout like this.
    05-16-13 10:46 AM
    The problem is swiping. I'm in an email landscape mode. I want to go to the homescreen, where do I swipe. I have to rotate the phone then swipe. I want to stay in landscape and switch apps without rotating.

It's a stupid gripe I admit but an option that could be added and disabled if the user prefers would be great.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, mnc76 and Brandon Orr like this.
    05-16-13 10:48 AM
    Hmm I want to dislike not like the OP haha.

Posted via CB10
    tfp and ioansuhov like this.
    05-16-13 10:54 AM
    How about a friggen option for those that want it. And no it isn't stupid just because BBRY claimed it to be stupid. It would annoy me as well to be in an app in landscape and having to constantly turn my phone because other parts of the phone don't support it.
    05-16-13 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:04 AM
    This would actually be a key feature for docking the Z10 as the ports are on the side. When docked you would want the whole phone to rotate no? When blackberry do release the dock for the Z10 I think we will see this feature on the device. Or are blackberry waiting to finish the feature before they release the dock.

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    05-16-13 11:05 AM
    You probably won't see the home screen in landscape anytime soon. It's more involved than just making the screen landscape; you have to make sure everything on the screen fits; icon, top and bottom bar, etc. Landscape was already done in BB PlayBook OS 1.0 and 2.0 and they removed it intentionally.
    05-16-13 11:10 AM
    The problem is swiping. I'm in an email landscape mode. I want to go to the homescreen, where do I swipe. I have to rotate the phone then swipe. I want to stay in landscape and switch apps without rotating.

It's a stupid gripe I admit but an option that could be added and disabled if the user prefers would be great.

Posted via CB10
    No. Swipe from below like you always do. The gesture follows the orientation. It takes you to the active frames page like usual but it will be in landscape.

I would go nuts if my homescreen changed orientation all the time. In the 6 smartphones I've had in two years (Android, WP, MeGoo, BB) none have had homescreen rotation out of the box. For good reason too. It drives me nuts every time I have enabled it on Android phones.
    05-16-13 11:13 AM
    Oh, come on... It is about having a homescreen which is a stable part of the os, that you always come back to, and no matter how you hold your phone it will not rotate and therefore you would be able to use your phone with just one hand, for example.
    The Galaxy Serie does not have landscape rotate, the wp8 phone do not have landscape on homescreen, the LG phones do not have etc. You see my point. I could not imagine that one of these companies (one of them being the best sold phone manufacture- samsung) would not have made a market study about this.
    If you want landscape, move to Android and install GoLauncher.
    I did not meant to offend you, I just wanted to state my opinion I hope you could look from a different perspective.
    I wish you all the best !
    05-16-13 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Seeing you admit yours is a "stupid gripe", I am OK with that because it really is (though you are perfectly entitled to it). For sure, BBRY has more pressing concerns/priorities.
    05-16-13 11:21 AM
    Then my iPhone and a lot of stock Androids are unfinished.
    Consistency is the key here, friend.
    Totally agree, my SGS3 doesn't do it, don't see the use of it anyway.....
    05-16-13 11:36 AM
    Wow my 9850 does that. Now they are all going backwards, eh
    05-16-13 11:40 AM
    I see no need for it myself. But I would like the swipe function to work when I am in another application in landscape.
    05-16-13 11:42 AM
    Oh, come on... It is about having a homescreen which is a stable part of the os, that you always come back to, and no matter how you hold your phone it will not rotate and therefore you would be able to use your phone with just one hand, for example.
    The Galaxy Serie does not have landscape rotate, the wp8 phone do not have landscape on homescreen, the LG phones do not have etc. You see my point. I could not imagine that one of these companies (one of them being the best sold phone manufacture- samsung) would not have made a market study about this.
    If you want landscape, move to Android and install GoLauncher.
    I did not meant to offend you, I just wanted to state my opinion I hope you could look from a different perspective.
    I wish you all the best !
    So you're saying BBRY should just do and copy what everyone else does?
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    My old Storm and Storm 2 were capable of landscape at all levels. It was a whole lot more efficient to be able to go from one app to the home screen and into another app with out turning my phone every time. Just because I OS and druids can't do it doesn't mean that should be the standard. That's just ignorant. BlackBerry needs to be staying ahead of the curve instead of falling behind in the race.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr and kbz1960 like this.
    How is this a basic feature? All the new phones out now including Iphone, SG4, etc don't do it -- doesn't seem basic at all. It would just seem like an added feature -- hardly required.
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    05-16-13 11:44 AM
    Does anyone realise that the Z10 needs this for docking to look good but also be usable. Turn your Z10 on its slide like if it was docked, the hub works fine it changes orientation, so do many other apps, but go to the home screen and its portrait. For BlackBerry to release a dock, the Z10 in particular need the home screen to go into landscape. This however could take time as the home screen has to look good in this orientation. Maybe for those who don't want it to change a rotating only while docked setting will be needed.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:49 AM
83 123 ...