I was really hoping by now that BlackBerry would finally have fixed this issue. If anyone else is able to do this please give me instructions on how you have accomplished this. Previously we could do it in BB OS. Set a Sound Profile and add Contacts to it.

Also, and please read this part carefully, I HAVE NO INTENTION OF EDITING 500 CONTACTS INDIVIDUALLY.

What I want out of my BlackBerry 10 device is the ability to set "Contact Notifications" to Group of contacts. For example, I want to theme my Notifications to specific groups of people in my life.. so if I get a BBM, email, phone call from anyone in any group I get the group specific notification that is setup, so that by the sound of the notification I can tell if it is someone from a family, friend, work, sport, church, charity or any other group I can think of to make.

I mean let's face it.. I know I can go through each of the 500 contacts and change notifications for for every single contact. Say I only have phone, BBM, BBM groups, email, text, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Snap chat, and whatsapp for each contact, (even though I have more apps that receive notifications from individuals for) I would have to make more than 5000 changes. This is why I HAVE NO INTENTION OF EDITING 500 CONTACTS INDIVIDUALLY.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-14-15 05:32 PM
    I think this would be a good feature.

I would also like the ability to set different notification settings for group chats than individuals - does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

For example, I have 2 ongoing Facebook group chats which I would like to only activate the LED (no sound, no vibrate) because of the number of people in the group, I receive these notifications too often and the constant sounds + vibrations get annoying real quick. I do however still want other Facebook chats with individuals (even individuals who happen to be in those groups) to trigger sounds/vibrations.
    03-16-15 11:24 AM