Hi All,

I have been a member for some time, but recently started participating a bit more.

Since I have had my Z10, I believe most of the questions are around bugs and/or apps being made natively available in BB store.

I am of the opinion if BB made it possible to install and run Android apps/bar files with an interface similar to an app store, a lot of the complaints would drop. For the casual user the idea of side-loading an app scares them. I have side loaded quite a bit thus far personally and for friends and the process of putting the device in Dev mode and using the tool while USB connected is what I think is the "scare" for non power users.

Might a feature request to RIM be to allow loading of bar files via the handset straight from download perhaps?

I am not sure what are the technical details as to why it can't be done, but looks to be an easy win for them in the short term while apps are ported over (see Skype, Instagram, Shazam et al).

Thoughts appreciated.
    04-08-13 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry needs to remove any support for Google Android applications. Period. Full stop. Ninety-nine percent of application problems can be tracked to the BlackBerry Android Player and Google Android applications; this impacts the stability of BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 10:16 AM
    BlackBerry needs to remove any support for Google Android applications. Period. Full stop. Ninety-nine percent of application problems can be tracked to the BlackBerry Android Player and Google Android applications; this impacts the stability of BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I hear you, but as I mentioned, it should be stop-gap measure until they get their act together in App World. It's kinda crappy that they allow it but via the methods that I described earlier. So yes, either remove all or allow a convenient way to run them sandboxed OTA or via App World (maybe a different section).

To be honest, I have been sideloading the apps available, and I am at a point now I want to package my own so I can keep track of the versions as they are updated in the Google Play store....
    04-08-13 12:10 PM
    i havent had any stability issues and i have a ton of droid ports... instagram, groupme, google maps, doodle jump, text gram. and these get heavily used
    04-08-13 12:14 PM
    the adoption process will take a long time, especially without apps. I wish there was a way that google would give bb full access to the android store without converting. I'm not a developer or anything, it's just a thought. It seems like they are climbing an up hill battle with the apps. BB should just pay google a license fee and have full access to the android market, DONE.
    04-08-13 12:15 PM
    the adoption process will take a long time, especially without apps. I wish there was a way that google would give bb full access to the android store without converting. I'm not a developer or anything, it's just a thought. It seems like they are climbing an up hill battle with the apps. BB should just pay google a license fee and have full access to the android market, DONE.
    Yep, even this would work. Adoption for most users is roughly equivalent to ease of use. Current process for non-power users is equal to not even trying and complaining that what RIM promised (wide range of app support for Android apps) just doesn't exist OR too difficult to do, and therefore, why not get an Android instead....
    04-08-13 01:19 PM