You know that there has been a big rumor that Jan 27 will be the release date for 10.3.1 in UK. You also know that Z3 has hit FCC. All are true. BlackBerry invitation to India event says "join us to witness the unveiling of our new BlackBerry 10...., which can be a phone or OS.it all makes sense and it should make sense for you too.
    BlackBerry will rollout according to phone versions.
    UK- January 27th.
    India- January 15th.
    USA- February,along with Z3.
    CA- February,along with Z3.
    You honestly believe Canada would come after the US? That would be unprecedented.
    01-11-15 06:14 PM
    The only place where BlackBerry can actually win huge amount of attention is in India, so if they waste this wonderful chance..... Chen's stomach is full of courage and knowledge!
    01-11-15 08:11 PM
    The only place where BlackBerry can actually win huge amount of attention is in India, so if they waste this wonderful chance..... Chen's stomach is full of courage and knowledge!
    Hi. Curious how that saying translates.
    01-11-15 08:31 PM
    But we have had these rumors before that never materialized. Grain of salt. It also means being with Verizon we may never even see an official. Glad we have people here who can get it to us.
    I don't think it is much of a rumor. John Sims, one of Blackberries uber VP's has clearly stated February as the launch cycle. John Chen confirmed it and there has been plenty of leaks from carriers that 10.3.1 is being readied for launch. So barring some hick up, I think everything is a go for February.
    01-12-15 02:59 AM
    So only November and after the classic released were rumors? Did t someone from bb say those also?
    01-12-15 05:36 AM
    The only place INDIA?? I really don't know if you live here in INDIA right now, I live in Hyderabad and i hardly see a BlackBerry 10 device(but many OS7 device). Speaking about winning huge amount of attention, you are Right but not with the OS update but with their new Device the BlackBerry Classic which almost looks like the OS7 device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gimmi786; 01-12-15 at 10:41 AM.
    01-12-15 08:22 AM
    Due to the many hours (or seconds) I've spent doing research (or napping) I concur that the dates posted in the OP are either accurate or inaccurate.
    01-12-15 09:25 AM
    I wonder why different dates for different countries.
    Why not one day, every country, and that very soon.
    There's a simple answer. Carrier certifications. Can you name any company besides Apple that rolls out OS updates across the world, across carriers on the same day?

The reason Apple gets away with it is they used the strong-arm tactic of "want to carry the iPhone? Then we dictate the launch plans and we don't have the same contractual obligations that our competitors do".
    01-12-15 09:37 AM
    Anything is possible, look how they sold the Passport direct so a direct update could be possible

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:39 AM
    [Speculation] BlackBerry 10.3.1 Official Rollout dates-img_20150112_223801.png

Does this mean the servers are being armed right now ??
    01-12-15 11:17 AM
    What about Dubai, UAE??
    01-12-15 11:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150112_223801.png 
Views:	1393 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	326884

Does this mean the servers are being armed right now ??
    Hahaha who knows?

From Leonardo DiCaprio's BlackBerry
    01-12-15 12:37 PM
    The is what the India Business Standard had to say on BlackBerry in India.

Still, some analysts are sceptical about India becoming a strong contributor to BlackBerry's revival. "India is attracting a lot of attention from many handset manufacturers at the moment because the smartphone market is poised for an explosive growth on the same level as seen in China in the past couple of years. This rising tide could help BlackBerry's attempted revival," says Gleeson. "It will still be a challenge for BlackBerry though. BlackBerry will not be able to compete with Apple at the top end of the market, while Android brands such as Samsung and Micromax have already established themselves in the market."

According to Gleeson, the first and the most important thing BlackBerry needs is a market where its Blackberry-10 operating system takes firm roots. Since its launch in early 2013, Blackberry-10 has not succeeded in reversing BlackBerry's decline. "Unless BlackBerry-10 can gain a decent level of market share in an important market, its apps ecosystem will remain limited to emulated Android apps which will mean the performance will not be ideal, further pushing the operating system into difficulty," he adds.

Neil Shah, research director (devices & ecosystems) of Hong Kong-based CounterPoint Technology Market Research, believes the advent of BYOD (bring your own device) trend, rise of rival messaging apps such as WhatsApp, and BBM itself going cross-platform have reduced the overall stickiness to the BlackBerry platform. "Secondly, the BlackBerry devices' form-factor evolution to full-touch alongside the slick but very different BlackBerry-10 has driven loyal BlackBerry users away. We do not see BlackBerry growing at the same pace as the Indian smartphone market and thus BlackBerry will continue to command modest market share in the coming years," he says. But, he adds: "BlackBerry still is a gold standard in terms of enterprise security and mobile management solutions. BlackBerry should look forward to leverage this expertise and grow in enterprise software and services space offering solutions for Indian corporations."

How did the Z3 fare in India?? Last indications I saw they hadn't even imported over 50K of them... So it did very little to change the marketshare numbers there. Per that same Business Standard article, the IDC reported BlackBerry's marketshare (not sales) were at .5% in India... and falling.

Maybe that's all there is in the enterprise "niche" in India?
    01-12-15 01:41 PM
    Since when was the Z3 actually coming to the US? Was there an FCC approval that I missed?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:07 PM
    Since when was the Z3 actually coming to the US? Was there an FCC approval that I missed?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not, although the new STJ100-2 is FCC certified.
    01-12-15 02:16 PM
    Verizon has a stellar record of being the least enthusiastic carrier to send OS updates. So, instead of holding my breath, I've just learned to keep calm and embrace the leaks.
    00stryder and saxxman like this.
    01-12-15 04:36 PM
    Verizon has a stellar record of being the least enthusiastic carrier to send OS updates. So, instead of holding my breath, I've just learned to keep calm and embrace the leaks.
    If that's true I'm wondering why it's the biggest provider with over 120 million subscribers....

Anyway. I have a question. Let's say there is a date of the official release now. Does it mean it rolls out to the carriers at that date and then the carriers need to roll it out to our devices? Or is it scheduled by BlackBerry that on a specific date the carriers need to roll out the OS?

I hope that makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 05:15 PM
    The carriers control if/when they release it.
    01-13-15 04:18 PM
    Just got this tweet:

Hi @Thompowdah , BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will be made available to in-market BlackBerry 10 devices starting in early February, 1/2 subject to carrier approval. Let us know if you have other questions. ^JS 2/2
    01-13-15 05:10 PM
    Gotta love when people reply to a thread that begins with "speculation" to bash the OP about the validity of his claims.

I can't wait for an official release of 10.3.1. I'm looking forward to the changes (UI not so much) and the new features. I hope the carriers won't wait too long to push it.

emPowered by 
    01-13-15 05:15 PM
    Just got this tweet:

Hi @Thompowdah , BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will be made available to in-market BlackBerry 10 devices starting in early February, 1/2 subject to carrier approval. Let us know if you have other questions. ^JS 2/2
    Yep... gotta have that "subject to carrier approval" qualifier.

Translation for U.S. carriers... "anywhere from a month and a half to six months after the rest of the world already got it".

Posted via CB10
    DamianWarS likes this.
    01-13-15 05:17 PM
    Gotta love when people reply to a thread that begins with "speculation" to bash the OP about the validity of his claims.

I can't wait for an official release of 10.3.1. I'm looking forward to the changes (UI not so much) and the new features. I hope the carriers won't wait too long to push it.

emPowered by 
    The speculation was added by a mod later on.
    01-13-15 05:32 PM
    Can someone educate me how updates effect a non- carrier specify phone (not in north america).

I really don't understand this carrier roll out model. When I update windows I don't have to rely on my DSL provider to "roll it out" to me. Instead they just give me the internet and I download the update when microsoft releases it. Why should this be any different with phones?

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    01-13-15 08:22 PM
    Phone companies like to add their own apps/software to OS releases on their networks, or maybe even block/remove some things. Other times providers offer features others don't and that can require modifications to OS updates on their network.

emPowered by 
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-15 08:26 PM
    Can someone educate me how updates effect a non- carrier specify phone (not in north america).

I really don't understand this carrier roll out model. When I update windows I don't have to rely on my DSL provider to "roll it out" to me. Instead they just give me the internet and I download the update when microsoft releases it. Why should this be any different with phones?

Posted via CB10
    When you have computer problems no matter the issue do you call your ISP? In countries like the US where there is high carrier control they also take care of most of the customer service issues as part of your contract.
    01-13-15 08:44 PM
59 123