Before I get flammed, please know that I did try to search this answer on my own and that I spent 3 hours browsing this site yesterday and I found many useful answer to my questions but not this one.

I have had a blackberry for 3 years (bold 9930 sprint) I just got a Q10 with verizon ( OS 10.1.0.2038. Build I'D 525050). I am very familiar with how the picture albums were set in my old bold (a folder called pictures is where the pictures I took where placed and a folder called "camera" is where the ones I received were placed)

When everything migrated (flawlessly I might add) I notice through my "pictures" icon that I had two folders : one called pictures (it had all the ones I took and one called "blackberry " it had all the ones I received. ) I can still find the exact named folders through my file manager mind u. Anyway I know we can add folders, rename them yet the sorting of pictures (recent ones on top, ) is not available yet.

I also noticed that now every picture I take goes to a separate place , media files it's called (has month on it). Is there a way where I can have the exact folder structure as I did on my bold 9930? Is there a method to this madness (having all these albums as oppose to just two : pictures and camera like my old 9930? Why would blackberry canada do this?

How have u guys worked around this?

I embrace change, I know that I bought a new phone, new OS and that it's works so much better, I am not bashing the OS developers, I just want to understand the picture folder structure in this new OS. I am extremely happy with this phone, I just have to "re learn" how to do things that I was used to doing before, for example once I mastered the hub, wow! Talk about an "aha" moment! I am still working on my calls (I used to press the green call button and pull up recent calls and just pick the one I wanted), now I have to learn how to search among my recent calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-29-13 12:12 PM
    I believe the issue has to do with the SD card. When you insert the SD card into the Q10 it will create a file/directory structure that is similar, but not exactly like what the Bold was using (basically it stored anything in sub-folders within the main 'Blackberry' folder). Unless you wiped the SD card you had in your bold prior to putting it into the Q10, it basically creates a new file structure alongside the old file structure (doesn't touch it). The best way to avoid this is to take everything out of your SD card, put it in the Q10, let it create the folders it wants, and then manually copy the pictures into the correct folder. Kinda silly, but better than having it wipe the SD card I guess.

I'm not sure about the dated-folder thing. That doesn't happen on my Z10... I'll look around to see what's up with that.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-29-13 01:02 PM
    I believe the issue has to do with the SD card. When you insert the SD card into the Q10 it will create a file/directory structure that is similar, but not exactly like what the Bold was using (basically it stored anything in sub-folders within the main 'Blackberry' folder). Unless you wiped the SD card you had in your bold prior to putting it into the Q10, it basically creates a new file structure alongside the old file structure (doesn't touch it). The best way to avoid this is to take everything out of your SD card, put it in the Q10, let it create the folders it wants, and then manually copy the pictures into the correct folder. Kinda silly, but better than having it wipe the SD card I guess.

I'm not sure about the dated-folder thing. That doesn't happen on my Z10... I'll look around to see what's up with that.
    I also believe this is exactly what is happening. It's probably better to copy off everything and wipe the card and let the phone make its own directories. I also do not have dated folders....
    06-29-13 01:09 PM
    Well I finally had time to update my phone, I bought it online through amazon (cheaper than store) and although I could have set it up myself I went to a corporate store cause I was entitled to a monthly corporate discount due to my job. Anyway, I remember the tech just took my memory card (on my old bold 9930) and placed it on my new phone, hence the double folder creation that the OS 10 system did. I literally copied all the info on my card into my laptop via the memory card slot (I am old school so copy paste and folder structures work great for me, non of that blackberry link stuff)...then wiped it while in the BBq10 so that the q10 would create its own folder structure and then I manually copied every thing I had on my old card.

My first surprise is that even though I bothered to create two folders within the camera folder that the 10 OS system created (my two folders were "received pics" and "old pics") it didn't matter all pics (old and new ) were placed can be seen in the camera folder and they are sorted by date taken (I think its cool cause before on my bold 9930 I would have to remember when I took them to calculate the time I would spend scrolling through them) the newest ones on the bottom (so I just click "B" on my keyboard and it gets there or "T" to go to old pics).

At first I was upset (geez there is a reason why I took the trouble to create folders duh) but after getting used to it, I think this worked better, everything in one place (with this new phone's processor and RAM memory, it doesn't lag as my old one did)....

Everything else works just a great as before.......I am very happy with this phone and I recommend anyone to start clean and wipe their micro memory cards AFTER backing up their data of course....

"Embrace that which is difficult" - I said it!!!!
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    06-30-13 07:15 PM
    I forgot to thank "Jaydee" and "Animalpak" for your help....thank you kindly
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    06-30-13 07:16 PM