Hi,
    I am an iPhone 4 user and I want to switch to the z10 as I think iOS although very good is stale but the presentation yesterday didn't show anything I hadn't already seen.

The details of the phones weren't even mentioned.

I still don't know how you lock the phone, pin lock,pattern lock or neither?

How do we import our iPhone contacts?

BIS isn't needed anymore I think but wasn't mentioned.

How long will the battery last?

I know a few of these have been answered by crackberry but not all and it surely is blackberrys job to do this.

Also does YouTube and googlemaps work through the browser if no apps available?

And why remove options such as customisations of profiles,this was one of the things that drew me to it?

To get people like me who are on the fence whether to switch or not they need to do all iOS does and then more, I am not sure blackberry have time to get these details right in a few updates time.
    01-31-13 01:43 AM
    you can use YouTube via the browser, that being said there is a YouTube app also. Unless I'm mistaken and Google is going to disable the maps or something you can access maps via the browser as well.
    01-31-13 02:52 AM
    details of the phone: BlackBerry Z10 Specs | NerdBerry.net
    unlock has password unlock so similar to pin unlock but using letters or keys or both
    iPhone contacts im not sure, but if you have your contacts on facebook, gmail, hotmail, linkedin or twitter when you sync ur Z10 to these apps in the hub, it will pull all the relevant info down. Device syncs your contacts' info down to the device and automatically connects links together
    BIS is not NEEDED but you can still have it if you want
    Battery in the link for details but for your simplicity: 1800mAh Removable ・Talk Time: up to 10 hours on 3G・Standby Time: up to 305 hours on 3G, up to 316 hours on 2G・Audio Playback: up to 60 hours・Video PlayBack: up to 11 hours
    Google Maps and Youtube can be accessed through browser, youtube is perfect, google maps also works perfectly
    Customization of profiles what do you mean?
    01-31-13 03:07 AM
    Thanks. Some of my fears addresses.

I don't have my phone contacts anywhere else apart from on my phone and don't want them anywhere either so it may be an issue to import the contacts.

Regarding the customisations of profiles it seems bb10 takes away some options for volumes of alerts and led colours that I was looking forward to.
    01-31-13 03:45 AM
    details of the phone: BlackBerry Z10 Specs | NerdBerry.net
    unlock has password unlock so similar to pin unlock but using letters or keys or both
    iPhone contacts im not sure, but if you have your contacts on facebook, gmail, hotmail, linkedin or twitter when you sync ur Z10 to these apps in the hub, it will pull all the relevant info down. Device syncs your contacts' info down to the device and automatically connects links together
    BIS is not NEEDED but you can still have it if you want
    Battery in the link for details but for your simplicity: 1800mAh Removable ・Talk Time: up to 10 hours on 3G・Standby Time: up to 305 hours on 3G, up to 316 hours on 2G・Audio Playback: up to 60 hours・Video PlayBack: up to 11 hours
    Google Maps and Youtube can be accessed through browser, youtube is perfect, google maps also works perfectly
    Customization of profiles what do you mean?
    It's in Kevin's review. The deep customisation is gone.

Also, not sure what you mean by BIS not needed but still available. Please elaborate. I am really concerned about email delays.
    01-31-13 03:46 AM
    I am not sure what you would do about your iPhone contacts then.
    Oh, customizations are gone yea you are right, but i think there will be third party apps that can do all of that, I remember seeing a led API for developers. not sure if it allows various colours though, but it should. Also, I think i saw an app to customize profiles, not 100% sure will try to find it.
    01-31-13 03:52 AM
    @qbnkelt In terms of BIS, thats what I heard. I will try to find some info regarding your email delays. I am not sure what they are doing with this, lot of stuff is unclear.
    01-31-13 03:56 AM
    Thanks. Some of my fears addresses.

I don't have my phone contacts anywhere else apart from on my phone and don't want them anywhere either so it may be an issue to import the contacts.

Regarding the customisations of profiles it seems bb10 takes away some options for volumes of alerts and led colours that I was looking forward to.
    you'd have to do it the old fashioned way. the way I did it to get my gfs contacts onto her iphone when she went from a dumb phone with a reg sized sim to a micro sim. connect your iphone to a computer and get itunes to export them to a file (most likely comma delimted CSV file). then connect your bb10 and and import them with desktop manager. not sure what specific steps need to be done but that's the general idea. for her I did the reverse.

if you are going from micro sim to micro sim you may be able to just save your contacts to the sim (if there's enough room).
    bobo616 likes this.
    01-31-13 04:21 AM
    you'd have to do it the old fashioned way. the way I did it to get my gfs contacts onto her iphone when she went from a dumb phone with a reg sized sim to a micro sim. connect your iphone to a computer and get itunes to export them to a file (most likely comma delimted CSV file). then connect your bb10 and and import them with desktop manager. not sure what specific steps need to be done but that's the general idea. for her I did the reverse.

if you are going from micro sim to micro sim you may be able to just save your contacts to the sim (if there's enough room).
    Thanks. Unfortunately I don't think the iPhone lets you save contacts to the sim.
    01-31-13 07:00 AM