What's the scoop with this feature? Was looking forward to using this

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 07:35 PM
    its spits the phone into 2 profiles (work and personal) if you are on BES.
    07-20-13 07:38 PM
    Love it... keeps work and personal separated and adds a little extra security from someone who may end up with your phone in their hands.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 07:42 PM
    I know what it does.. but when will it be available!? What os are you guys on?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 07:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is available, you have to be enrolled in BES to use it though..
    07-20-13 07:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    do you have BES with your work?
    07-20-13 07:48 PM
    OS is of no relevance... Work phone or play phone?? if it is a work phone, does your company use BES?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 07:52 PM
    BlackBerry had a survey asking if people would want this on their personal phones on beta zone. Hopefully they will do it at some point until then it's only on Enterprise as previously mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 07:56 PM
    BlackBerry had a survey asking if people would want this on their personal phones on beta zone. Hopefully they will do it at some point until then it's only on Enterprise as previously mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    Crazy. Who *wouldn't* want the feature???

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 01:25 AM
    Crazy. Who *wouldn't* want the feature???

Posted via CB10
    Probably everyone without an enterprise account. It's really pointless.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-21-13 02:27 AM
    Windows phone has something, kids zone maybe, that would be what consumers would want Balance for. I would rebrand it under a new name though. People would like it. Google has account support for android. It works nicely
    ATMJOE and BroncoVAL like this.
    07-21-13 05:01 AM
    Probably everyone without an enterprise account. It's really pointless.

Posted via CB10
    Personally I would love it. I don't have an enterprise server but I would like having a separate work and personal profile.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    07-21-13 10:03 AM
    Personally I would love it. I don't have an enterprise server but I would like having a separate work and personal profile.

Posted via CB10
    Yes me too, I didn't see the survey either. I hope we get it.
    07-21-13 10:17 AM
    Yes me too, I didn't see the survey either. I hope we get it.
    It was on beta zone

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 01:48 PM
    Ahm I work at sears..so I highly doubt it. I would totally use this for personal use..certainly applies to me personally. Any way to work around this? ?

I appreciate this feedback a lot too.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:35 PM
    Ahm I work at sears..so I highly doubt it. I would totally use this for personal use..certainly applies to me personally. Any way to work around this? ?

Posted via CB10
    No work around but patience.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:39 PM
    My work email on eas so cant split it using balance, if BlackBerry would allow you define any email account as a work or personal that would be great imo

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 03:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    To do be more specific, if you're an average user like many, you don't get balance, it's not a feature you can just turn on or get an update for. The only way to have balance on your phone is if you work for a company that has BES, which would enable your phone to have the personal and work mode.

Posted using my mega Q10atron
    07-21-13 05:50 PM
    My work email on eas so cant split it using balance, if BlackBerry would allow you define any email account as a work or personal that would be great imo

Posted via CB10
    How exactly are you pulling that off?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:12 PM
    Windows phone has something, kids zone maybe, that would be what consumers would want Balance for. I would rebrand it under a new name though. People would like it. Google has account support for android. It works nicely
    Ok but I still fail to understand why people would want/need it if they don't have an Enterprise account. It's your own phone - why do you want to separate stuff? It's all your own info and you're not protecting it from someone any more by having it separated if you toss a password on your device. Or if you want to separate your work account, do it through the hub. Not trying to be a **** and argue, I just honestly don't know what purpose it would serve someone other than to show it off.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:19 PM
    Ok but I still fail to understand why people would want/need it if they don't have an Enterprise account. It's your own phone - why do you want to separate stuff? It's all your own info and you're not protecting it from someone any more by having it separated if you toss a password on your device. Or if you want to separate your work account, do it through the hub. Not trying to be a **** and argue, I just honestly don't know what purpose it would serve someone other than to show it off.

Posted via CB10
    Because it's cool to have? They also advertise the feature as if it's including in everything. I mean why make it that way why not have it available to all? Obviously that's something you wouldn't know for sure. Because no one lives the same life..and not everyone is around the same type of people either. It doesn't matter why you need it, I'm just saying they shouldn't advertise it as a main feature and not have it on everyone phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    In my case, for example, if I need to send a photo through an email for work I have to search through all of my personal photos to find it, whereas with balance I would not have to. Also things like the remember app, it would be useful for me to have separate. I have folders of course, but it's not quite the same. I would also like being able to password protect only one side of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 and app_Developer like this.
    07-21-13 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    BES only. Available now.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-21-13 07:54 PM
    To each their own I guess. I think Balance is a great feature, that being said - I also like the ability of tossing my work device into a drawer and forgetting about it when I'm not working. Having two BB's, I'm ok with not having Balance on my personal and cutting the cord on my time off (though I'm completely aware others likely couldn't depending on their involvement with their jobs).

Posted via CB10
    aboldcurve likes this.
    07-21-13 08:41 PM
    "I don't have a BES email so my life isn't busy/worthy enough for this feature." is what I'm getting from this thread. Pretty ignorant.

@chrisjaam
    07-23-13 04:17 PM
39 12