Im not sure if i was just too stupid to discover (and read about) this with previous leaks, so please dont hang me :

From the native Music App U can (now) play the music stored on ur device directly to ur Sonos System, which i found to be a great advantage over the Roomtunes App, which i really got to love though.

To play the music on ur Sonos simply hit the music app, tap and hold the track u want to listen to till the sidebar on the right appears. In the sidebar u will see the "Play on" button (should be the first one), which will open up a list of ur receiving devices. Once u tap on ur Sonos the madness will begin.

Only "bug" i figured is that by now ur volume rockers won`t work via sharing to ur Sonos but there is a hidden volume bar which does its job perfectly. Once u hit on the Cover in Playmode it will reveal the volume bar upon the other tracks in the folder u are just playing from.

By now Roomtunes only lets u play stuff from within ur network or internet radio, but unfortunately not the stuff on ur device. Sure it asks for battery to play music from ur device but sometimes one just hasn't already loaded the track u want to hear in that moment to ur network storage.

So once again BlackBerry proofed that they listen to their crowd by building a connection to Sonos, though its pretty basic as of this version (no Webradio or network access, but that may come in the future).
    08-10-13 01:52 AM
    Yep, I could do it on 10.1 also.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:23 AM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    08-10-13 12:19 PM
    Would I be able to play a podcast from the Podcast app directly to Sonos?
    12-18-13 09:17 PM