Anyone else notice that sometimes while you are typing that words or even entire sentences are deleted?

I assume it is something I am doing while typing on my Z10, but haven't quite figured out what I am doing. I could see my hitting the backspace key by accident, but that shouldn't delete the entire word much less the entire sentence.

Has anyone else seen this and if so have you figure out what keyboard actions cause this?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-01-14 11:54 AM
    If you swipe left on the keyboard, it will delete the last word you entered.
    02-01-14 11:56 AM
    Yep if u swipe left two fingers will delete 2 words

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:57 AM
    If you swipe left with three fingers it will delete 3 words

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    02-01-14 12:00 PM
    If you swipe left with three fingers it will delete 3 words

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    Should I really go with four? Nah...point made.

Posted with my Z10
    02-01-14 12:05 PM
    Should I really go with four? Nah...point made.

Posted with my Z10
    4 will erase all sentece

Posted via CB10
    drmike likes this.
    02-01-14 12:06 PM
    Sometimes depending on the word you are typing, and how fast you go, the keyboard will erroneously think you swooped back, and wipe out the word you were typing.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:08 PM
    LOL thanks guys... I know about the swipes. When I swipe delete there is an icon that flashes on the keyboard and the phone makes a multi-character noise, and this scenario I am describing isn't me swiping.

I'm talking about when I am typing and I hit some key in the bottom right hand corner, like maybe the period, and BOOM a whole word or sometimes sentence is blow away.

The problem is when it happens I am typing fast so I can't see what I hit to make this happen. It's almost like the predictive text thinks I meant to blank the word.

02-01-14 03:33 PM
    LOL thanks guys... I know about the swipes. When I swipe delete there is an icon that flashes on the keyboard and the phone makes a multi-character noise, and this scenario I am describing isn't me swiping.

I'm talking about when I am typing and I hit some key in the bottom right hand corner, like maybe the period, and BOOM a whole word or sometimes sentence is blow away.

The problem is when it happens I am typing fast so I can't see what I hit to make this happen. It's almost like the predictive text thinks I meant to blank the word.

It's like an "undo" happened. *shrug*

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:13 PM
    Sometimes depending on the word you are typing, and how fast you go, the keyboard will erroneously think you swooped back, and wipe out the word you were typing.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much this

Generally only happens when I'm typing fast.

I've noticed I've done something different when it happens. I don't think it's a bug. I think I've accidentally swiped when movingly to a letter when I swing my thumb somewhere to the left.
    02-01-14 05:21 PM
    I have the same issue...it's driving me mad!

Has anyone worked out what the issue is? I've been trying to find a fix for this for weeks. Apparenty BB are aware of this issue and will provide a fix but you have to send the phone to them. It will take up to four weeks to get your phone back
    11-17-15 10:25 AM
    I have this same issue, happens when I send a text to someone who I have a long conversation with. It seems like what is happening is that the phone is trying to load the past texts while I'm typing and it gets overloaded and ignores my input. Very annoying! Often words get truncated.

For example if I was responding with

"That sounds good"

I would see something like

"T good"

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 10:58 AM
    I have this same issue, happens when I send a text to someone who I have a long conversation with. It seems like what is happening is that the phone is trying to load the past texts while I'm typing and it gets overloaded and ignores my input. Very annoying! Often words get truncated.

For example if I was responding with

"That sounds good"

I would see something like

"T good"

Posted via CB10

Try hard reboot.
    11-17-15 11:30 AM
    I get this too on my passport I think it comes from getting swift on the keyboard so you don't Raise your fingers as high to take less time. In turn you set off the swoooop feature.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:50 PM
    Try hard reboot.
    This happens all the time, I reboot frequently (and yes hard reboots too).

There is some kind of issue that crops up after your text thread is over a certain length and the SMS window takes too long to load it. It generally only happens when responding to certain people because they have a long conversation/thread history.
    11-18-15 05:51 PM
    This happens all the time, I reboot frequently (and yes hard reboots too).

There is some kind of issue that crops up after your text thread is over a certain length and the SMS window takes too long to load it. It generally only happens when responding to certain people because they have a long conversation/thread history.
    Make a backup and wipe out the device then install the software again.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 02:51 AM