I have owned a Q10, a Z30 and now a Classic. ALL three phones have the exact problem: sometimes earphone will only have sound in one ear. It will take a couple of re-plugging the earphone for both side to work properly.

I mean, seriously BlackBerry? This is the most basic of the basic functions in a phone...and yet you can't even get this to work properly? I have NEVER had this issue ever since 3.5mm earphone become universal (like 10 years ago...)

Things like this really makes you lose faith in BlackBerry...I don't know how long I can put up with this earphone problem...

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-20-15 01:36 PM
    Not on my Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    02-20-15 01:38 PM
    Definitely a unique problem, Z30 here and the ear phones are 200%

STA100-6 White
    02-20-15 01:40 PM
    could it be you have defective headphones?
    q649 likes this.
    02-20-15 01:40 PM
    Do you have a case on your phone? Maybe the plug from the earphones isn't going in all the way because of the case or you're not pushing the plug in all the way. OR the problem is with your earphones. I've had a Z10, Q10, and Passport and never had this problem.
    02-20-15 01:41 PM
    Only time I have had that problem is when the headset was not completely plugged in.

You sure it isn't your headset? Or not being fully plugged in? Very unusual for you to experience this on 3 phones when this is not a common issue
    02-20-15 01:42 PM
    Paid basher alert

Powered by Z30
    mkelley65 likes this.
    02-20-15 01:43 PM
    Sorry, No problem here. Earphones work just fine. Probably have a bad set or using a case like op mentioned.
    02-20-15 01:44 PM
    Disappointing going back to my leaked os 2267
    02-20-15 01:49 PM
    I have owned a Q10, a Z30 and now a Classic. ALL three phones have the exact problem: sometimes earphone will only have sound in one ear. It will take a couple of re-plugging the earphone for both side to work properly.

I mean, seriously BlackBerry? This is the most basic of the basic functions in a phone...and yet you can't even get this to work properly? I have NEVER had this issue ever since 3.5mm earphone become universal (like 10 years ago...)

Things like this really makes you lose faith in BlackBerry...I don't know how long I can put up with this earphone problem...

Posted via CB10
    I have a number of Z10s and Z30s. No issues with headphones on any of them.

BTW, the earphone jack is a common off-the-shelf component. It's not like BlackBerry builds them in the back room.

Maybe try a different brand of headphone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Last edited by conite; 05-18-18 at 10:13 PM.
    02-20-15 01:52 PM
    Paid basher alert

Powered by Z30
    Post history says otherwise...
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    02-20-15 01:58 PM
    I love these inflammatory, all-inclusive posts. I haven't had that on my previous Z10 and not on my Z30. Ever thought that the common denominator was the headphones?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you figured out your own problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:01 PM
    Never had this issue on my Z10 for two years or my passport since october. I use BlackBerry premium earbuds.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243.
    02-20-15 02:02 PM
    No problem, everything is good!!
    02-20-15 02:05 PM
    So many people don't realize the different headphone plug with and without mic. Was on an air Transat flight where the headphones given were wrong to the jack. My brothers worked so long as he pushed it in and never touched it, mine didn't. I'm sure my jack was damaged from using wrong plug many times.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:16 PM
    Are you using the earphones which come with your BlackBerry device?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:24 PM
    Two possibilities that you should look at:

1. Are the headphones bad? The buds that came with my Q10 quit working after a few months.

2. Check for pocket lint stuck in the headphone socket. This happened to me just a few days ago. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't insert the headphones all the way. A toothpick and some compressed air did the trick.
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    02-20-15 02:25 PM
    almost 2 year old z10 has never had this problem. Go Blackberry!
    02-20-15 02:27 PM
    Two possibilities that you should look at:

1. Are the headphones bad? The buds that came with my Q10 quit working after a few months.

2. Check for pocket lint stuck in the headphone socket. This happened to me just a few days ago. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't insert the headphones all the way. A toothpick and some compressed air did the trick.
    This, oh my god, this.

I've had similar pocket lint gripes. Couldn't believe the fix was so easy when I realized it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hello Johnny,
    Actually I've been looking for several years for an earphone with only one end so it looks like you found the ultimate solution for my project.
    Please let me know your address and if you send me your earphone() then I will return to you a brand new, tested and fully working BlackBerry earphone(s) set.
    Thank you so much in advance!

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.3.1.747 OUTSTANDING & AMAZING
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    02-20-15 02:30 PM
    No issue here, tried and used many different headphones, sennheiser/nokia/blackberry all worked great no issue.

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    02-20-15 02:31 PM
    i THINK there is a problem with your headset cable or just the plug . No problem on my Passport, Z10 or Z30 using two kinds of headset and also a JBL bluetooth headset

I had the same problem a fey years ago with a new headset from amazone with my samsung, sometimes stereo,sometimes mono. It seems when it was under my jacket and bend wrongly I had this problem ,sometimes after a few minutes when I bicked. I send it back to amazone and get a new one.
    02-20-15 02:32 PM
    Yes your bug is unbelievable. It is more likely a hardware issue.
    02-20-15 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks,I thought it was me,I used to be a DJ and have slight damage to my left ear being exposed to the loud music, the other ear was protected with a headphone,so as far as I'm concerned you make a good point ,I have to keep pressing it in my ear to get all the sound.I don't listen to music on my phone but I tried it
    and didn't like the experience,maybe I'll explore some other buds,thanks again. Passport and Z10
    02-20-15 02:39 PM
43 12