Thinking about it you could be correct. Because when I look at the side menu in my Blend Pic above, there is no mention of stored pictures, videos or documents which I'm certain are a part of the backups. But I really do have people I did a lot of texting with, and most of their older text messages disappeared...so I guess they are all on my 125G sim card in the phone, and Blend is just accessing that.

I'm not going to wipe the BB. I never used it like you guys did. For me it was the ultimate secure phone, and keeping all that superfluous app garbage off it made it the best mobile phone ever made. I believe if you want that app crap get a tablet and play mario brothers to your hearts content. But me I'll take the phone that has pin messaging that Rudy Guillianni stated saved NYC on 911 when all the cell towers were saturated and defunct, while he was issuing orders to all of his staff with pin messaging. P.S. if you think like I do seriously consider the heavily modified Pixel 4A 5G phone offered by CalyxInstitute. It's a program that sits on top of your cellular service but provides unlimited data (no throttling) with super security. ....But be advised, you can't load any insecure apps on it. It won't let you. It's just a handful of apps in the FOSS FDroid repository. They even have UserLAnd for any Linux lovers that want to hack Android.
    01-11-22 01:00 PM
    P.S. if you think like I do seriously consider the heavily modified Pixel 4A 5G phone offered by CalyxInstitute.
    Thank you for the recommendation. I don't trust the Pixel. We've had a conversation about this here. Your mileage may vary.
    01-11-22 01:32 PM
    Thank you for the recommendation. I don't trust the Pixel. We've had a conversation about this here. Your mileage may vary.
    So NIAP aside, the people involed in GrapheneOS and CalyxOS have also been duped by Pixel? Even though the entire meaning-of-existence of both companies is centered solely around ultimate privacy?

They could have picked any devices in the world, but both picked the Pixel exclusively.

"CalyxOS is backed by the Calyx Institute, which is a non-profit organization that promotes individual rights like free speech, privacy rights, etc."
    Last edited by conite; 01-11-22 at 01:53 PM.
    01-11-22 01:34 PM
    So NIAP aside, the people involed in GrapheneOS and CalyxOS have also been duped by Pixel, even though the entire meaning-of-existence of both companies is centered solely around ultimate privacy?

They could have picked any devices in the world, but both picked the Pixel exclusively.
    Too many eyes on Google at this point for them to do anything really underhanded. I appreciate all the scrutiny as it's really forced Google to offer ways of limiting how much information they can track... if you bother to run the latest OS and use all the tools provided.

I'd worry more about these tiny groups with only a handful of developers, and no oversight....
    01-11-22 01:55 PM
    I'm luvin my CalyxOs Pixel 4A 5G. It won't let me do anything stupid at all. If I pick an unsecure app out of FDroid the phone won't install it. It just stares back at me and seems to say "Spyware, Spyware, Spyware!" It's great for people that have no background in exploits. And as far as Google..there is absolutely nothing Google on that phone. Its not like that Unihertz Titan Pocket that I bought that states on the opening screen "You must agree to the Google Privacy Contract if you want to go to the next page. " Most expensive paper weight I ever bought lol. Think I'll send it to Taiwan and see if they can pull off the CPU and stick something else better into it. BTW, not to change the subject but did you guys see where our fearless leader said OM finally responded! That is the main reason I'm not sweating the BB Brick scenario. There still is hope, even if OM is primarily made up off marketing guys which means selling our data. (link)
    ddp_in likes this.
    01-11-22 02:10 PM
    I'm luvin my CalyxOs Pixel 4A 5G. It won't let me do anything stupid at all. If I pick an unsecure app out of FDroid the phone won't install it. It just stares back at me and seems to say "Spyware, Spyware, Spyware!" It's great for people that have no background in exploits. And as far as Google..there is absolutely nothing Google on that phone. Its not like that Unihertz Titan Pocket that I bought that states on the opening screen "You must agree to the Google Privacy Contract if you want to go to the next page. " Most expensive paper weight I ever bought lol. Think I'll send it to Taiwan and see if they can pull off the CPU and stick something else better into it. BTW, not to change the subject but did you guys see where our fearless leader said OM finally responded! That is the main reason I'm not sweating the BB Brick scenario. There still is hope, even if OM is primarily made up off marketing guys which means selling our data. (link)
    They didn't really reply to "our leader"... he just copied that from their announcement to the world on their website. But yeah it will run the Google....

Do wonder what the 3rd party security software will be... and what it will cost users, and if it's optional.

So can you install your credit card company's app on CalyxOS, do mobile payments, manage your investment portfolio? If all you want is a basic communications device, something like CalyxOS is OK - if you trust some unknown group with no real oversight. Personally I'd stick with something with a little more exposure like LineageOS - but then it is ASOP.

Don't need to change the CPU to be able to run something else on the Pocket... just need someone willing to provide the work to customize one of many ROM to run with it's hardware.... I suspect someone eventually will to some degree, if they haven't already. Wouldn't remove any built in CCP spy chips (if there are any), but then changing out the CPU might not either. Would need a whole new SoC...
    01-11-22 02:35 PM

So can you install your credit card company's app on CalyxOS, do mobile payments, manage your investment portfolio? If all you want is a basic communications device, something like CalyxOS is OK - if you trust some unknown group with no real oversight. ...
    Nope, can't do any banking on my phone... Thank Gawd!! I use a laptop that is securely located and does a really fine job for all those things. I don't use a device that can be lost at any time, hacked into in a coffee shop by a Kali linux pro, or crushed under the tire of some oncoming traffic. My phone is replaceable at any time with no reason to sweat its loss. The problem with your concept of your device, is that you really aren't talking about a phone anymore. You're talking about a chip embedded in your head. I'll pass on the chip when it comes out, and I will always have a "communicator" like Capt. Kirk... without all the other crap that is nothing more than "an accident waiting to happen" when your device acts up like it always does.
    01-11-22 05:06 PM
    Nope, can't do any banking on my phone... Thank Gawd!! I use a laptop that is securely located and does a really fine job for all those things. I don't use a device that can be lost at any time, hacked into in a coffee shop by a Kali linux pro, or crushed under the tire of some oncoming traffic. My phone is replaceable at any time with no reason to sweat its loss. The problem with your concept of your device, is that you really aren't talking about a phone anymore. You're talking about a chip embedded in your head. I'll pass on the chip when it comes out, and I will always have a "communicator" like Capt. Kirk... without all the other crap that is nothing more than "an accident waiting to happen" when your device acts up like it always does.
    Lost or crushed won't matter.... as a new device can be brought online and be restored in only the time it take to pick it up or delivered. A full restore on an iPhone is a breeze - replaceable at any time with no reason to sweat a loss. Not sure what device your using that is always acting up, but my phone is solid.

Let me know when someone really can hack a iPhone or the secure communications that these banking apps create back to their servers (much more secure than using a browser - which is why they don't allow some features via a browser). What I really appreciate is I get a notification every time my card is used now... don't have to check my account or wait for a statement to see if someone else might be using or accessing an account.

Still a long way from a chip in the head...
    01-12-22 09:18 AM
    [QUOTE=Let me know when someone really can hack a iPhone or the secure communications that these banking apps create back to their servers (much more secure than using a browser - which is why they don't allow some features via a browser).[/QUOTE]

link

Nothing worse than a false sense of security. How many " two years of free identity protection" have you been offered so far?
    01-12-22 02:58 PM
34 12