I have often read that bb10 doesn't have that 'something special' that can make people instantly switch. Sure there are many great features in bb10, but if you could add that 'something special' to it, what would it be. And please no 'I want it to make me breakfast' jokes

For me, I would like BlackBerry to have the option of completely going around carriers and use BIS/BES only without the need for carrier support. Voice and text could be supported over data through cheap credits.

This effectively removes the middle man (carrier) and gets rid of fragmentation to a good extent.

Posted via CB10
    zeratul65535 likes this.
    08-17-13 05:19 PM
    I have often read that bb10 doesn't have that 'something special' that can make people instantly switch. Sure there are many great features in bb10, but if you could add that 'something special' to it, what would it be. And please no 'I want it to make me breakfast' jokes

For me, I would BlackBerry to have the option of completely going around carriers and use BIS/BES only without the need for carrier support. Voice and text could be supported over data through cheap credits.

This effectively removes the middle man (carrier) and gets rid of fragmentation to a good extent.

Posted via CB10
    I would want my BlackBerry ID and password to populate all my email accounts, settings, and apps exactly as I had them on my previous BlackBerry. I find it annoying to have to reenter all my email accounts, FB, Twitter, etc.

The negative side of that is that my information would be stored by BlackBerry. Some people would not like that. Personally, I would. The only thing I would not want stored is the information in Password Keeper and my banking apps.
    zeratul65535 and howarmat like this.
    08-17-13 05:28 PM
    I want BlackBerry to be like Apple and just say no to carriers. Apple devices get updated instantly from Apple the way the OS was designed to updated. This also goes for windows phone and android.

Remove the carrier from the equation.

Posted via CB10
    zeratul65535 likes this.
    08-17-13 08:44 PM
    I think that something special was the hardware keys (call, end, menu, trackpad, and keyboard).

But since they didn't cater to the keyboard and went with the touchscreen as their flagship, they're getting crushed by the other touch screens.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 10:40 PM
    Apple can be hacked, Android also. Windows too. Blackberry can't because the encryption is changed more frequently.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:36 AM
    We're "Special"

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:37 AM
    And option to send auto SMS to emergency contact right before phone gets switched of due to 0% battery.

There might be applications there for it but it will be real something to have it inbuilt.

Posted via CB10
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    08-18-13 03:50 AM
    Huh? Why?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:49 PM
    I want BlackBerry to be like Apple and just say no to carriers. Apple devices get updated instantly from Apple the way the OS was designed to updated. This also goes for windows phone and android.

Remove the carrier from the equation.

Posted via CB10
    I too would like to see uniform software updates but I'll tell you right now android sure as hell doesn't get updates the way ios does. I can't speak to WP but I'm pretty sure they are not updated across board either.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    08-18-13 02:06 PM
    Apple can be hacked, Android also. Windows too. Blackberry can't because the encryption is changed more frequently.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry can be hacked too (anything can be. If man can build it man can break it.). But you are right that security is a factor.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    08-18-13 02:07 PM

For me, I would like BlackBerry to have the option of completely going around carriers and use BIS/BES only without the need for carrier support. Voice and text could be supported over data through cheap credits.

Posted via CB10
    While that is a cool idea, it still isn't a "wow" factor by any means. There is that one thing about every other platform that is extraordinary. BlackBerry doing away with carriers will not make anyone go "wow, I need that phone".

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 02:31 PM
    If blackberry could cut out the carriers involvement with its devices and rolled out more marketing for blackberry 10, they could be on to a winning idea. If blackberry could offer their devices on a unlimited data plan which included calls and text sent via data for a low enough price, updates reaching every device at the same time ( carriers seem to lack in this area). How about customizing the devices? Customers could choose the colour of their device? Could appeal to the younger generation?.. family plans across all countries? In the UK we pay seperatly for each device, but if you could get a family plan which would work out cheaper more people will be likely to pick up one of their devices?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:33 PM
    If blackberry could cut out the carriers involvement with its devices and rolled out more marketing for blackberry 10, they could be on to a winning idea. If blackberry could offer their devices on a unlimited data plan which included calls and text sent via data for a low enough price, updates reaching every device at the same time ( carriers seem to lack in this area).?
    And how do you propose they transmit this data to/from the device without the carrier network?
    toobs623 and jh07 like this.
    08-18-13 10:31 PM
    Cause mine does switch off anytime without warning and put me in a non debatable situation of "How can a Blackberry Z10 switch off just like that?"
    Apart from this situation it will be cool to have this feature if one is in meeting or something and phone gets switched off without you noticing it.
    Huh? Why?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:40 AM