Something that iPhone does but BlackBerry can't? We don't have a home button. How is that? Except for the camera performance and ecosystem, iPhone is a nice piece of sxxt.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:22 AM
    it. Another "feature" in iOS that I would definitely not want is vibrating notifications while on a phone call. It's super annoying.
    Does BlackBerry has the same feature what ios has. If BlackBerry has then how can I stop it. For me this is also annoying.

 Z3 STJ100-1 ~10.3.1.2576 ~
    06-08-15 12:29 PM
    OK, before people start writing about true multitasking and all that jazz read the whole post first...iPhone might be capable of multitasking...... do this. Try making a call on your BlackBerry and then once that call connects play music. The person on the phone should be able to talk to you while music is playing on your phone. The person on the other end won't be able to hear the music coming from your phone either.

My wife (iphone6 user) discovered this and she is the furthest thing from a techie. She called me and by accident hit the play button on her iPhone music app. I couldn't hear the music playing on her phone, but she could hear me speaking while hearing her music. It seems that the speakers at the top of the phone was transmitting the call and the one at the bottom played the music.

I am a BlackBerry evangelist, but I am curious to know if this a glitch on ios 8 or a known feature. I am also curious why BB10 currently doesn't support this.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I've experienced this too on my iPhone 6 Plus. If this is is by design it is very stupid design, and if it is a glitch, it should be fixed. This only makes sense if you are streaming to a different device. It makes zero sense when you're playing music through your phone speaker and have an earpiece/speakerphone call connected at the same time.
    06-08-15 12:52 PM
    Actually BB10 does Audio/Video multitasking!
    I have been able to have the Video (+Audio) stream to a TV while streaming Music to a Bluetooth device all at the same time. The TV was inside the house while the Harmann Kardon speakers were outside at the Barbecue spot.
    Nice! I did not know you could do that!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 01:26 PM
    Not a glitch. Androids have this feature also.

iPhones can't save or store files on device, or allow on device access to those files, without a desktop client. THIS alone destroyed any fleeting interest in any iProduct. I can't share files out the box? Useless.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 01:35 PM
    What if you are waiting for a hot line?
    06-08-15 05:18 PM
    AT&T touted this in one of their commercials. Not necessarily phone-specific, just that AT&T allows it on their network. The commercial i believe implied that Verizon customers couldn't do this.
    Which is true, VZW customers cannot talk on the phone and browse the net at the same time.
    06-08-15 05:57 PM
    Is this suppose to be a feature? It sounds more like a major glitch to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:58 PM
    Which is true, VZW customers cannot talk on the phone and browse the net at the same time.
    Not sure if joking or being serious...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Serious.

06-08-15 07:02 PM
    I guess iphone needs to be able to multitask something.... it's not a feature I would choose to use though... I'll stay with my Passport thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:06 PM
    It's not true. It hasn't been "true" for almost 5 years now.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    06-08-15 09:07 PM
    Something iPhone does that BlackBerry cant?

1. We don't "bend".
    2. We don't have replicas (that run on Android)
    3. We last for more than 24/7 (because they can't)
    4. We don't have home button (but who cares?)
    5. We can do multitasking (but hey,they could now but only for iPads on iOS9)

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-09-15 07:36 AM
    Serious.

Did you even bother looking at how old that commercial is?

I'm on verizon, you can access data and voice at the same time with no issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 07:43 AM
    If you want this, Ok it's available on iOS and Android. I for one would be quite upset if music started playing while I'm trying to talk on the phone. This is one more point of product differentiation in BlackBerry's favor as far as I'm concerned.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    Seriously this. Why would I want this non-feature? I can't imagine a single situation, not even for the most eccentric pop star.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:06 AM
    Something iPhone does that BlackBerry cant?

1. We don't "bend".
    2. We don't have replicas (that run on Android)
    3. We last for more than 24/7 (because they can't)
    4. We don't have home button (but who cares?)
    5. We can do multitasking (but hey,they could now but only for iPads on iOS9)

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    The BlackBerry Passport has a well-known bending problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    nice attempt but it helps when you insert the actual Fry meme
    06-09-15 09:26 AM
    Did you even bother looking at how old that commercial is?

I'm on verizon, you can access data and voice at the same time with no issue.

Posted via CB10
    good to know you guys updated to modern times.
    06-09-15 09:26 AM
    good to know you guys updated to modern times.
    I was actually with ATT and cingular before, so I never had that issue, regardless, this is a thread started in 2015. Nice attitude though.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    06-09-15 10:25 AM
69 123