OK, before people start writing about true multitasking and all that jazz read the whole post first...iPhone might be capable of multitasking...... do this. Try making a call on your BlackBerry and then once that call connects play music. The person on the phone should be able to talk to you while music is playing on your phone. The person on the other end won't be able to hear the music coming from your phone either.

My wife (iphone6 user) discovered this and she is the furthest thing from a techie. She called me and by accident hit the play button on her iPhone music app. I couldn't hear the music playing on her phone, but she could hear me speaking while hearing her music. It seems that the speakers at the top of the phone was transmitting the call and the one at the bottom played the music.

I am a BlackBerry evangelist, but I am curious to know if this a glitch on ios 8 or a known feature. I am also curious why BB10 currently doesn't support this.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    j556 likes this.
    06-06-15 07:47 PM
    OK, before people start writing about true multitasking and all that jazz read the whole post first...iPhone might be capable of multitasking...... do this. Try making a call on your BlackBerry and then once that call connects play music. The person on the phone should be able to talk to you while music is playing on your phone. The person on the other end won't be able to hear the music coming from your phone either.

My wife (iphone6 user) discovered this and she is the furthest thing from a techie. She called me and by accident hit the play button on her iPhone music app. I couldn't hear the music playing on her phone, but she could hear me speaking while hearing her music. It seems that the speakers at the top of the phone was transmitting the call and the one at the bottom played the music.

I am a BlackBerry evangelist, but I am curious to know if this a glitch on ios 8 or a known feature. I am also curious why BB10 currently doesn't support this.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Not a glitch. Androids have this feature also.

iPhones can't save or store files on device, or allow on device access to those files, without a desktop client. THIS alone destroyed any fleeting interest in any iProduct. I can't share files out the box? Useless.
    der_mit, Q10Bold, LP_Rigg and 4 others like this.
    06-06-15 07:55 PM
    Not a glitch. Androids have this feature also.

iPhones can't save or store files on device, or allow on device access to those files, without a desktop client. THIS alone destroyed any fleeting interest in any iProduct. I can't share files out the box? Useless.
    Android Runtime on BlackBerry 10.2.1 could do the same, but they fixed this in 10.3.0

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    Mecca EL and Thuggidy like this.
    06-06-15 08:13 PM
    Prefer stereo speakers on the Z30 thanks, I don't think I have any sound devices that are mono, maybe one of the kids transmitter radios...
    06-06-15 08:56 PM
    If you want this, Ok it's available on iOS and Android. I for one would be quite upset if music started playing while I'm trying to talk on the phone. This is one more point of product differentiation in BlackBerry's favor as far as I'm concerned.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    06-06-15 09:09 PM

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I hope she was really listening/paying attention to you and not the music.

BlackBerry Z30 / 10.3.2.680 / Jamaica...
    Thuggidy, Mecca EL, alb101 and 5 others like this.
    06-07-15 12:35 AM
    I understand everyone's point but at the same time any type of multitasking should be available to us, especially because bb10 is the king(scratch that) God of a multitasking OS.
    I could see a music artist asking someone to review a song while on the phone with the reviewer. They could have a two-way conversation while comment on the track running over the conversation.
    I think one of the issues I have with BlackBerry is that when there is an option available on an older bb10 and an update comes out and changes the option, we don't have a choice to change it. I am sure they have their reasons but I prefer choice sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 01:37 AM
    She was....funny man. She stumble on it by chance.

Posted via CB10
    starboyforeal and step07 like this.
    06-07-15 01:38 AM
    What does it hurt to have it? I think we should be able to toggle it on or off.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 01:40 AM
    I understand everyone's point but at the same time any type of multitasking should be available to us, especially because bb10 is the king(scratch that) God of a multitasking OS.
    Symbian is the real god :P It could run 64 foreground applications simultaneously with less than 512MB of RAM.

I could see a music artist asking someone to review a song while on the phone with the reviewer. They could have a two-way conversation while comment on the track running over the conversation.
    Review a track that is played through the phone line, really?

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    Colin Wu and DarkJoker33 like this.
    06-07-15 05:43 AM
    I find this to be kind of a dumb idea and to be honest that was something that the tech shows did note about android. When you have multiple sounds coming through the get evenly mixed and garbled together. iPhone does the sounds right and dims the multimedia sound properly when a notification comes through. I agree who would want the music player over the phone call as a feature? I guess the fact that you couldn't hear the music and she couldn't hear you make it kind of useless eh? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 06-07-15 at 07:24 AM.
    06-07-15 06:42 AM
    So just to be clear... you can't surf the Web and be on the phone at the same time with iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    starboyforeal likes this.
    06-07-15 07:08 AM

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts are that this is the most ridiculous example of multitasking ever.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 07:09 AM
    I think one of the issues I have with BlackBerry is that when there is an option available on an older bb10 and an update comes out and changes the option, we don't have a choice to change it. I am sure they have their reasons but I prefer choice sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    No. You're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    06-07-15 07:10 AM
    No. You're wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Just because you disagree, that does not mean the OP is "wrong". I've done exactly what he's described, many times - review a song before it's mixed down, ON device, while I have the recording engineer on the phone.
    06-07-15 10:00 AM
    Op I think you tried too hard with this post and posted it without thinking. Who the hell reviews songs while talking on the phone? How crappy of a review is that. Plus if the other person can hear what youre listening to and which part of the song you are at exactly how will they know what you are even talking about. It would be worse review ever if only you can hear it and other person cant hear the song. Just stop before you make yourself look even more stupid because this is plain stupid.

Posted via International Passport
    The poster right above you for one. Thanks for playing...
    06-07-15 11:17 AM
    Just because you disagree, that does not mean the OP is "wrong". I've done exactly what he's described, many times - review a song before it's mixed down, ON device, while I have the recording engineer on the phone.
    Cool. Interesting use case.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-07-15 11:43 AM
    Skype does this

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:59 AM
    To me to me it sounds like muti-tasking done right, in Blackberry's case anyway. I'm sure if you want to listen to music while on the phone, a third party app would do that for you. Since most people don't want music to play while on the phone, having it turn off automatically, and save your place in the music or audiobook, is a great feature.
    06-07-15 12:12 PM
    Yeah but he said he could not hear the music on the other end.

Posted via CB10
    mhg0157 likes this.
    06-07-15 02:36 PM
    Yeah but he said he could not hear the music on the other end.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's only a oneway event. If you're playing music or a movie on device, the other end can't hear it. If you lower the volume, it's almost like elevator music or a soundtrack.
    06-07-15 03:00 PM
    While I myself could care less about that feature what bugs me is the browser doesn't continue to load while in an active frame and neither does tapatalk.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-07-15 03:02 PM
    Good thing these successful artist are making such great use of this great multitasking feature im sure this is exactly what professionals use and im sure that this is a very effective way of reviewing music and hearing it clearly... whille you listen to someone else speaking... yes... lol you must be as dumb as the op. Just cause theres a few people that use this doesnt make it a good feature or one that has anything to do with multi tasking.

Posted via International Passport
    Why are you getting emotional, over how others use a device? Once again, no one has to use their device the way YOU think best. If it suits the own of their device to multitask in this fashion, your approval is not required. And calling anyone "dumb" because you haven't experienced this effect, is the pot calling the kettle "black". Grow up and get over it.
    06-07-15 03:05 PM
    While I myself could care less about that feature what bugs me is the browser doesn't continue to load while in an active frame and neither does tapatalk.
    Excellent point. That would be extremely beneficial. I think Jolla's active frame allows their browser to continue loading while reduced. I'll check to confirm.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-07-15 03:08 PM
    LOL.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-07-15 03:10 PM
69 123