Oh, I never updated this thread with the conclusion.

What Verizon ended up doing was starting a new line for free on my account and then I used one of my warrantly replacement phones to hook up to that new phone number. Then tried that out for a few days. Side by side at all times, that phone never had an issue receiving calls. So after about 5 days of testing, Verizon transferred my number to that line. Basically disconnected my current line and "ported" it over to the other line on my account.

To do this, they had to do something called "disconnecting my number and putting it in reserve" so that it wouldn't go back to the original carrier where I originally got the phone number from.

This solution worked well for about 1 week, and then all of a sudden I was unable to receive any phone calls at all and I could not receive text messages from anyone other than Verizon customers. Now it was truly jacked up and it was angering me. I contacted the executive offices again and they started dealing with the issue. It turned out that for some reason, my phone number was half porting back to Sprint and that was what was causing the issue. It took a few days for them to fix and now my phone seems to be working pretty well. Since a few weeks ago when this ended, I've missed maybe 1 or 2 calls. I have been chalking those up to just having bad reception at the time. The problem is not bothering me anymore at least.

I will post again with any other updates if I have them.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-09-14 05:55 PM
    I had this problem a few times on my Verizon Z30 and Z10 on occasion. I reseated the SIM Card and The problem went away for a few weeks. Then I noticed it again and pulled out the SIM and re-installed it. That seems to fix it for me.

Posted using CB10 on my Verizon Z10
    Last edited by jhanks64; 07-13-14 at 01:26 AM.
    07-09-14 11:45 PM
    Oh, I never updated this thread with the conclusion.

What Verizon ended up doing was starting a new line for free on my account and then I used one of my warrantly replacement phones to hook up to that new phone number. Then tried that out for a few days. Side by side at all times, that phone never had an issue receiving calls. So after about 5 days of testing, Verizon transferred my number to that line. Basically disconnected my current line and "ported" it over to the other line on my account.

To do this, they had to do something called "disconnecting my number and putting it in reserve" so that it wouldn't go back to the original carrier where I originally got the phone number from.

This solution worked well for about 1 week, and then all of a sudden I was unable to receive any phone calls at all and I could not receive text messages from anyone other than Verizon customers. Now it was truly jacked up and it was angering me. I contacted the executive offices again and they started dealing with the issue. It turned out that for some reason, my phone number was half porting back to Sprint and that was what was causing the issue. It took a few days for them to fix and now my phone seems to be working pretty well. Since a few weeks ago when this ended, I've missed maybe 1 or 2 calls. I have been chalking those up to just having bad reception at the time. The problem is not bothering me anymore at least.

I will post again with any other updates if I have them.
    Very similar problem and solution for me as well, without the secondary "half porting" issue, also on Verizon, Z10. It was the way my number was "provisioned" on their network that was causing the problem. Hopefully big red learns by all of this, and more importantly trains the front line to, at least, recognize the issue, so that we all don't lose days of.coverage and miss important calls.
    07-12-14 08:18 AM
    Fyi, I know people who have experienced this on iPhones and Galaxies too. Therefore, I think it may be a vzw thing and not a hand set thing.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    07-14-14 11:49 PM
    Fyi, I know people who have experienced this on iPhones and Galaxies too. Therefore, I think it may be a vzw thing and not a hand set thing.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    Agree it is a vzw thing. Vzw said as much.
    07-15-14 07:05 PM
    Update after 3 weeks: My phone is having the same problem again. I am contacting Verizon to see what else they are going to do about it. They're doing the usual stuff to try to fix it. I'm waiting to hear back from them.
    08-05-14 02:35 PM
    Next update: VZW is sure that it's not a network issue, so they are swapping out my phone a different one. I don't like any Blackberry phones other than the Z30, so I chose the Samsung Galaxy S5. It's coming this week and I'm going to test it out on my line to see if it has the same problem.
    08-05-14 05:07 PM
    Interesting to see as I have been experiencing the same thing today on my Z30. I am on LIME In Barbados how ever so I am looking to see if it continues.

Posted from the awesome Z30
    08-05-14 07:31 PM
    Ok, so the S5 is having no issues receiving calls so at this point I have to move to using Android. I'm turning in my Z30.

So I thought this whole time that it was an issue with Verizon Wireless but it's turning out that maybe it's a widespread problem with the Z30 phone and the symptoms are showing up after several hardware warranty replacements.
    Last edited by pooger; 08-22-14 at 03:32 PM.
    08-11-14 02:24 PM
    Ok, so the S5 is having no issues receiving calls so at this point I have to move to using Android. I'm turning in my Z30.

So I thought this whole time that it was an issue with Verizon Wireless but it's turning out that maybe it's a widespread problem with the Z30 phone and the symptoms are showing up after several hardware warranty replacements.
    Had the same problem on my Z10 after updating to 10.3.1. The problem was the application Power Tools (which is an excellent app). If you have it installed do the following:
    In the application go to "Settings" and
    1. Choose "The Wave" and disable "Reject call".
    2. Choose "General" and disable call blocker.
    03-02-15 11:06 AM
60 123