Would like to see the BlackBerry pay some attention to the following features :
    1. A very extensive power saving mode like on other platforms. Others are doing this right.
    2. Camera: while BlackBerry upped their game with the passport but there still a lot of software tweaking that can be done to improve the quality by leaps and bounds
    3. Power charging: there should totally be a mode to power charge your phone. Something like charge the battery 50% in 15 minutes. Again something that the competition is doing better.
    4. Stock accessories: they need to improve their stock accessories big time. When your phone charges faster using a samsung S4 charger or other companies charger it isn't good at all. The output of BlackBerry chargers is very low. They shouldn't be doing that absolutely. While they have started providing the stereo headset with premium devices, they should atleast provide in-the-ear earphone with budget hansets. The ones provided while very good in quality aren't comfortable at all. I feel in-the-ear earphones are something very basic.
    5.They should possibly not try to release a phone without a holster. The holster should be made available from the day the phone is made available for sale (if I am not wrong they didn't do witht the Passport)
    10-16-14 06:41 AM
    1. A very extensive power saving mode like on other platforms. Others are doing this right.
    2. Camera: while BlackBerry upped their game with the passport but there still a lot of software tweaking that can be done to improve the quality by leaps and bounds
    I guess the software is fine. Too dark? Move the focus to a bright area. Too bright? Move the focus to a dark area. It's megapixels that we really need so dark condictions will produce better images.

3. Power charging: there should totally be a mode to power charge your phone. Something like charge the battery 50% in 15 minutes. Again something that the competition is doing better.
    Battery technology is crawling. I don't know of this "competition is doing better". Larger batteries take longer to charge. Want it faster, turn the phone off and/or get a charge with output higher than 1A.

4. Stock accessories: they need to improve their stock accessories big time. When your phone charges faster using a samsung S4 charger (surprise! that one has an output higher than 1A!! Nothing to do with the battery!) or other companies charger it isn't good at all. The output of BlackBerry chargers is very low (get the PlayBook's charger. Yellow tip one. 2A output). They shouldn't be doing that absolutely. While they have started providing the stereo headset with premium devices, they should atleast provide in-the-ear earphone with budget hansets. The ones provided while very good in quality aren't comfortable at all. I feel in-the-ear earphones are something very basic.
    Keep in mind they are focusing on business users. Business users need to hear what peers are whispering to them while they are on a call. In-ear usually block/muff external sound. They won't bother much with consumers till they get back on their feet.

5.They should possibly not try to release a phone without a holster. The holster should be made available from the day the phone is made available for sale (if I am not wrong they didn't do witht the Passport)
    The joys of days past when ALL devices came with a leather pouch!!! The passport is a coat pocket device, not a jeans/pants pocket device. A journal/flip case makes far more sense. But I acan agree on this for regular form factors.
    /bb10char
    10-16-14 07:35 AM
    Sorry but the 10.3.1 power saving mode isn't that extensive at all.
    The new Nexus 6 has something called turbo charging with which charging the phone for 15 minutes will give you 6 hours of battery (maybe 9, not too sure) even the Note 4 has something like this.
    Larger batteries taking more time to charge is fine, but BlackBerry should include a higher output charger. Thats all I am saying.
    Umm, about the earphones then why is BlackBerry offering the premium stereo earpods with the Passport, Q10 and the Z30? Are they not enterprise devices?
    And the camera isn't exactly outperforming the other phones. Plus the settings on BB10 cameras are very basic. They can improve that with the software. They already did a lot with 10.3. But they can improve it more.
    And I don't want the holster to be a part of the retail package but should be available for purchase separately along with the phone itself.
    10-16-14 08:26 AM
    Sorry but the 10.3.1 power saving mode isn't that extensive at all.
    Sorry but 10.3.1 is not release so we don't really know how the finished product will behave.
    The new Nexus 6 has something called turbo charging with which charging the phone for 15 minutes will give you 6 hours of battery (maybe 9, not too sure) even the Note 4 has something like this.
    Bold claims. I don't believe them, but if they come to be true, good for the users.

Larger batteries taking more time to charge is fine, but BlackBerry should include a higher output charger. Thats all I am saying.
    And we agreed to agreed on that one.

Umm, about the earphones then why is BlackBerry offering the premium stereo earpods with the Passport, Q10 and the Z30? Are they not enterprise devices?
    No, not really. Those were the last high end phones released back when they were still trying to appeal to everyone. And dother earpods don't cancel external noise either.

And the camera isn't exactly outperforming the other phones.
    It doen't have to, provided the quality of the images is good. Which is happens to be, just not on low ligh conditions, where more megapixels would help solve that.

Plus the settings on BB10 cameras are very basic. They can improve that with the software. They already did a lot with 10.3. But they can improve it more.
    You ignored my comment on how the camera works. Fine.

And I don't want the holster to be a part of the retail package (I do, actually) but should be available for purchase separately along with the phone itself.
    Maybe it will be. Maybe they agree with me that the Passport's formfactor does not go with pouches/belt holsters.
    /bb10char
    10-16-14 08:47 AM
    I agree with mist of them, especially the camera part. I've heard from some devs that the BB10 camera has a lot of API potential that was either hard to reach, or were (at that time) locked out from them being able to access them. The Passport sporting the beefiest specs of any other BlackBerry phone that was ever released, I do expect to see MUCH better improvement in the coming months

Perhaps after the release of 10.3.1 they will then unleash another flurry of tools that devs could use, especially since at that point, all BB10 devices would at least be officially sporting 10.3.x on their phones

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:49 AM
    Didn't ignore your camera part, just saying that the filters, settings available on other platforms are better and more advanced. BlackBerry can definitely work on that I feel.
    And even if other companies aren't providing something like turbo charging, would it hurt BlackBerry to provide it?
    10-16-14 10:56 AM
    All I know is that there is only so much current battery technology can do and I do t buy the turbo charging bit one bit.

It's the one thing holding mobile back these days.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:41 AM