I thought I would mention some bugs on my BlackBerry 10 phones that cannot be fixed by the resets. Let me know if I am wrong. I am on the latest Rogers OS.

1. WiFi Disconnect.
    There are times when I need to restart my phone to get it to connect to a WiFi router. It is not always, but it does happen. It needs to be addressed.

2. BlackBerry Assistant not talking in English US.
    She does not talk in American, so I had to use the British English. This is with all four of my BlackBerry 10 phones.

These two are all I have. I know the call answer delay is another issue for some, but I thankfully do not seen to have that issue on my phones.

I hope BlackBerry at least fixes these bugs before even if they do not add more features.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:35 PM
    I think you will be waiting for a long time. It's not going to happen.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    Coachbulldog and moyah8 like this.
    06-10-16 06:03 PM
    Lol I remember threads like this, good times

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-10-16 06:37 PM
    I thought I would mention some bugs on my BlackBerry 10 phones that cannot be fixed by the resets. Let me know if I am wrong. I am on the latest Rogers OS.

1. WiFi Disconnect.
    There are times when I need to restart my phone to get it to connect to a WiFi router. It is not always, but it does happen. It needs to be addressed.

2. BlackBerry Assistant not talking in English US.
    She does not talk in American, so I had to use the British English. This is with all four of my BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    So BlackBerry should "fix" something based on a sample of n=1 ? Ever considered it might be the WiFi AP that's at fault, e.g. out of date or dodgy security certificate?

BTW, British English is English... where vowels are pronounced, not strangled, and way more preferable than an in your face yank accent.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 02:50 AM
    BTW, British English is English... where vowels are pronounced, not strangled, and way more preferable than an in your face yank accent.
    LOL... ;-P

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    06-11-16 03:33 AM
    [QUOTE=BoneMatrix;12466475]So BlackBerry should "fix" something based on a sample of n=1 ? Ever considered it might be the WiFi AP that's at fault, e.g. out of date or dodgy security certificate?

BlackBerry 10.3 + WiFi drivers are garbage. When using BlackBerry 10.2.1, I could get weak signal at the top of my garden. Post-BlackBerry 10.3 I'm struggling to get half way up my garden (I'm still using the same up-to-date router as I was when using 10.2, that rules out my AP).

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    anon(9878325) likes this.
    06-11-16 10:48 AM
    [QUOTE=ZeBB45;12466874]
    So BlackBerry should "fix" something based on a sample of n=1 ? Ever considered it might be the WiFi AP that's at fault, e.g. out of date or dodgy security certificate?

BlackBerry 10.3 + WiFi drivers are garbage. When using BlackBerry 10.2.1, I could get weak signal at the top of my garden. Post-BlackBerry 10.3 I'm struggling to get half way up my garden (I'm still using the same up-to-date router as I was when using 10.2, that rules out my AP).

Or it still is your AP. Have you checked your local area? How many signals are there in your 2.4GHz and how many in 5GHz?

Download a WiFi Analyzer and change the channels for your networks to stuff not congested. I guarantee you'll have a better signal.

Posted via Classic
    06-11-16 03:12 PM
    [QUOTE=Kris Simundson;12467138]

Or it still is your AP. Have you checked your local area? How many signals are there in your 2.4GHz and how many in 5GHz?

Download a WiFi Analyzer and change the channels for your networks to stuff not congested. I guarantee you'll have a better signal.

Posted via Classic
    This is why I come here! Great advice and how the he'll are ya!?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 05:54 PM
    [QUOTE=ZeBB45;12466874]

I haven't noticed any version number change for WiFi in forever.
    06-11-16 07:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Brutal sir, brutal
    sirius27 likes this.
    06-12-16 10:54 AM
    Previously posted in: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-eol-1053606/

My assumption is that these bugs/issues are BB10-generic (as opposed to Passport-specific)

2 x BB10 updates/fixes (before BB10 goes EOL) that would seriously improve my productivity

1) Ability to call phone numbers with (0) in them from the Calls tab within the Phone app (where the phone number was previously called from an email)
    I'll try and explain as this sounds a little weird.....
    I receive an email, and the phone number within the sender's signature has an (0) within it, example +44 (0) 20 7123 4567.
    I tap on the phone number within the email, and my Passport dials this number no problem and I get through to the person I want to call.
    When I then go into the Phone App, and tap on the Calls tab, this phone number is showing as having been previously called by me....
    BUT when I tap on this phone number within the Calls tab, to try and call it again, I get a "you have dialled an incorrect phone number" message.
    Going back to the original email, and tapping again on the phone number within the sender's signature, dials the number ok and I get through again to the person I wish to call.
    Adding this phone number to a (new) Contact, the original number including the '(0)', and then either, dialling from Contacts App, or dialling from the Call tab, then works ok.
    My conclusion: there is a bug in the Calls tab functionality for dialling phone numbers that include '(0)', when that number is not already assigned to a Contact.

2) Ability to edit a Contact's Details within Blend
    I can create a new Contact within Blend, but I cannot subsequently edit this Contact's Details within Blend (to edit this Contact's Details I have to do it directly on my Passport).
    The lack of this functionality hugely inhibits the productivity of Blend for me, and stops Blend from being a very useful PIM (eg I want to be able to copy & paste stuff into the Contact's Details from elsewhere on my PC)

Hope that all makes sense.

If anybody has got these things to work ok, then please let me know the fixes! Or let me know if these things are fixed in any Beta OS's floating around out there.
    06-12-16 05:28 PM
    Surely this is a benefit and not an issue?
    (I may be slightly biased....)
    06-12-16 05:58 PM
    [QUOTE=ZeBB45;12466874]

You do know signal reception is not a software/firmware thing, right? This is purely up to your AP to provide the power to get range.

The closest thing to software settings that might be related to your issue, is that they implemented a threshold to ensure a better minimum experience with signal margin instead of wasting battery connecting to wifi on the edge of reception.
    06-13-16 02:33 AM

This is why I come here! Great advice and how the he'll are ya!?

Posted via CB10
    Good good, just chilling and enjoying the classic

Posted via Classic
    06-14-16 05:00 PM