I hate the live tiles area on bb10.

And I've figured out a way to eliminate it while keeping the functionality.

Wait for it...

The 'peek' gesture -- up, then to the right, exposes the hub. Why can't a gesture up, and to the left, expose the live app field/home screen?

If this was adopted, sliding from the app tray into the hub would be sped up. Since I rarely ever use the live app page, I could ignore it until I actually want it.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:10 PM
    I think I agree with you here. I very rarely leave tiles running because it just gives me one more page to scroll through when I'm looking for a specific app on my phone. I can see where the up and left gesture would be used in a similar way to holding the BlackBerry button on BBOS to multitask.

Posted via the almighty Z
    05-07-14 10:19 PM
    In 10.3 there is a new Home button at the bottom that takes you directly there

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.2102
    05-07-14 10:34 PM
    Yes, but do I still have to scroll past the live app page when flipping toward the hub in 10.3? If so, no improvement in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:40 PM
    No you just have to swipe up then tap the little house it will be were the four little squares are now in 10.2

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.2102
    Attachment 268496
    05-07-14 11:05 PM
    ^ same way with Android touch wiz or htc sense themes. Doesn't matter how many screens you are using pressing the home icon takes you back to the homepage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-07-14 11:56 PM
    I don't understand the issue here, there is a gesture to go straight to the hub, you've even described it. So your point about having to slide past the 'home screen' is redundant?

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    05-08-14 12:12 AM
    I think I agree with you here. I very rarely leave tiles running because it just gives me one more page to scroll through when I'm looking for a specific app on my phone. I can see where the up and left gesture would be used in a similar way to holding the BlackBerry button on BBOS to multitask.

You mean active frame?

I have 7 pages not including active frame. And I remember what all the pages are for.
    e.g. Page 2 for media (photo, music, video)
    Page 3 for Social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter and such)
    Page 4 for utilities (file manager, batterypal, maps etc)
    Page 6 for BlackBerry World, Snap, aptoide and beta zone.

If I want to go to BlackBerry World on page 6, just tap the 6th dot after active frame. It go straight there.
    Why do you need to scroll every page to go to that particular app?

Or just slide your finger along the dotted line.
    Easy.
    You just have to remember where you put your app just as you have remember where you put your house key usually.

It's called documentation or filing.
    Makes life easier.

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-08-14 12:38 AM
    I do this as well. I just agree with the O.P. And can see how I would use this feature. For some reason I haven't adopted the use of tapping a specific page number at the bottom of the home screen. I really only use the first two pages of apps on my phone so it's really not a huge deal for me personally. I somewhat prefer the multi tasking in BBOS with a long press of the BlackBerry button and saw the up and left gesture as a useful way to replicate it.

rockivy likes this.
    05-08-14 12:17 PM