I recently changed my beloved BlackBerry Classic from AT&T to Red Pocket (I'm in the US). Ther was nothing wrong with my AT&T service, but I was able to to lower my service plan to a frugal $15 per month. This includes 1000 minutes of talk, 1000 texts, and 1GB of LTE data.

After the switch to RedPocket, I was unable to receive or send images/videos through text messaging. When I called Red Pocket, they said that the phone must not be compatible with their services and that I should contact BlackBerry. Since you and I know that there is no way in 7734 that BlackBerry would even take my call, I consulted Uncle Google. Here's how i was able to get my gorgeous Classic working. Hopefully it helps you with your Z10, Q10, Q20 or Passport:

Go into Settings.
    * Tap Networks and Connections
    * Tap Mobile Network
    * Tap APN at the bottom of the screen
    * APN = RESELLER
    * Tap Save
    * Go back to the homescreen/desktop

Leave the phone on, but take the SIM card out.
    * Tap on the Text Message app.
    * Tap the three dot menu in the bottom right of the screen.
    * Tap on Settings.
    * Tap on Text Messages
    * Tap on Advanced.

With the SIM card out, you will have access to fields that were previously hidden when the SIM card was there. Add the following info:
    * MMSC URL = http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    Proxy URL = proxy.mobile.att.net:80
    * Tap Save
    * Return to the homescreen/ desktop
    * Insert your SIM card and wait a few minutes before testing.

You might have to restart your device if it doesn't work right away. Hope this helps!

➡ I ❤my  Classic™
    Last edited by harvland; 10-03-18 at 12:21 PM.
    jhanks64 and Mecca EL like this.
    10-03-18 12:10 PM
    Good to know if anyone else is needing a fix. Thanks for sharing!
    harvland likes this.
    10-03-18 12:49 PM
    Hey, I'm also on Red Pocket.

Just to confirm: your SIM card is GSMT or GSMA?
    10-03-18 08:52 PM
    GSMA. How have you found their service? I've been with them for less than a month, but it seems on par with AT&T in my area. Sometimes data is slow though.
    10-04-18 08:40 AM
    Could this have any application to problems with group texting? Thanks for posting this.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-18 04:16 PM
    What are the problems with group texting? If it's something that relies on MMS, then maybe. I haven't received a group text yet, but I'll post back if and when I find more friends.
    Last edited by harvland; 10-04-18 at 07:17 PM.
    10-04-18 06:32 PM
    What are the problems with group texting? If it's something that relies on MMS, then maybe. I haven't received a group text yet, but I'll post back if and when I find more friends.
    I have a factory Classic and an ATT unlocked Passport. They are all over the place with group texts. Sometimes I receive them but can never respond to the whole group. Sometimes I receive them as individual one-on-one texts without other group members included.

I already changed the "auto" setting so that it select mms (or is it sms?) for group texts. Whichever is the correct one.
    10-04-18 07:19 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm going to totally try this.

I've been with Red Pocket for 2 years, but only this summer I switched from GSMT to GSMA. It has better coverage and speeds in my area. However, I lost mms and hot-spot functionalities. I was about to switch back to GSMT because of this.

Do you have hot-spot working?

EDIT: I followed your steps but it still didn't work for me. Anyway, MMS is not a deal breaker for me, but hot-spot is.
    Last edited by iled; 10-04-18 at 09:20 PM.
    10-04-18 08:21 PM
    Do you have hot-spot working?

EDIT: I followed your steps but it still didn't work for me. Anyway, MMS is not a deal breaker for me, but hot-spot is.
    Sorry to hear that it isn't working. Hotspot works on my GSMA Classic. It's a factory unlocked model, if that matters.
    10-05-18 12:12 AM
    Bummer. I have factory unlocked PP. Hotspot works well with GSMT. With GSMA it says the carrier doesn't support/activated it. I contacted them and they just said it is enabled but that with BB it will only work with a GSMT card. You prove they're wrong; but somehow it's not working for me.
    10-05-18 09:28 AM
    I accidentally posted this to another thread that I had open as I was looking for solutions. Reposting here so it is in the right place. Sorry!

I just purchased an annual Red Pocket Mobile plan for use with my Blackberry Passport. This is GSMA/CDMA SIM Card plan that works with AT&T. I've got it set up and everything is working except for MMS and Mobile Hotspot. I tried to follow the instructions in this forum to adjust the MMS server settings in the APN section of Mobile Network as well as through the Text Message section of the Hub. Neither method is revealing the hidden APN field sections. I did some searching on the forums and found information about accessing the Engineering (Help Me!) screen as an alternative method to adjust the APN settings that are otherwise hidden. The problem with that help information is it links to a Dropbox Help file that is obsolete and missing. I'm unable to find that file anywhere so I'm unable to progress with that method. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of that file which is now a missing link or otherwise knows how to use the Engineering screen without that info? Or if you know of another method like a custom .bar application that can adjust those settings.
    Thank you for the help!
    11-14-19 06:54 PM
    I accidentally posted this to another thread that I had open as I was looking for solutions. Reposting here so it is in the right place. Sorry!

I just purchased an annual Red Pocket Mobile plan for use with my Blackberry Passport. This is GSMA/CDMA SIM Card plan that works with AT&T. I've got it set up and everything is working except for MMS and Mobile Hotspot. I tried to follow the instructions in this forum to adjust the MMS server settings in the APN section of Mobile Network as well as through the Text Message section of the Hub. Neither method is revealing the hidden APN field sections. I did some searching on the forums and found information about accessing the Engineering (Help Me!) screen as an alternative method to adjust the APN settings that are otherwise hidden. The problem with that help information is it links to a Dropbox Help file that is obsolete and missing. I'm unable to find that file anywhere so I'm unable to progress with that method. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of that file which is now a missing link or otherwise knows how to use the Engineering screen without that info? Or if you know of another method like a custom .bar application that can adjust those settings.
    Thank you for the help!
    Are you looking for the ESCode 3.0 app in BBW?

Not sure if that app will help you but you can check it out.
    11-14-19 08:30 PM
    Yes I believe that might be the app which was linked to in the Engineering (Help Me!) page but I'm not totally certain. Does it generate some kind of code to type into the Engineering screen? I'll do a search for that app on BBW now that I know what it is called. Thanks!
    11-14-19 08:35 PM
    I was able to get the ESCode 3.0 app and it looks like it will give me the code I need to type into the Engineering screen so that I'll be able to update the APN settings. However, I cannot find a way to get the touch portion of the keyboard to show up in the app so that I can type the numbers in the code generated by ESCode app. I can type any of the letters on the Passport's physical keyboard but not the numbers.
    11-14-19 08:49 PM
    I was able to get the ESCode 3.0 app and it looks like it will give me the code I need to type into the Engineering screen so that I'll be able to update the APN settings. However, I cannot find a way to get the touch portion of the keyboard to show up in the app so that I can type the numbers in the code generated by ESCode app. I can type any of the letters on the Passport's physical keyboard but not the numbers.
    Can you not just touch the input box with your finger to bring up the virtual keyboard? Also if you had to you could use a usb dongle with a wireless keyboard.
    11-14-19 10:02 PM
    Using a bluetooth keyboard I was able to type in the code generated by the ESCode app and get into the engineering screen settings. From there I found the settings I need to update for MMS by going to Data Services, then selecting MMS from the first drop down field. From here it looks like I'd be able to update the settings but none of the fields will allow me to change existing values or input new ones. Has anyone ever updated the MMS settings from here before like: MMSC, MMS Proxy, MMS Port, MCC, MNC, Authentication Type, APN Type, etc?
    11-19-19 08:28 PM