BB hardwired apps are where most of the bloat came from out of 10-15 passports I have had all do the green bar... But I have many more apps than the average person too
    I thought the Green Bar was an Android thing.... whereas most all of BlackBerry's App are native.

Yeah there was bloat in BB10... mostly it was BBM, PIM Services and Android Runtime itself. 10.3.3 was pretty stable and buttery smooth for me, it was the loading of some Android Apps (either ports from BBW or APKs themselves) that would bog it down.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-03-22 09:10 AM
    I thought the Green Bar was an Android thing.... whereas most all of BlackBerry's App are native.

Yeah there was bloat in BB10... mostly it was BBM, PIM Services and Android Runtime itself. 10.3.3 was pretty stable and buttery smooth for me, it was the loading of some Android Apps (either ports from BBW or APKs themselves) that would bog it down.
    You are correct. The green line/bar represents the android runtime initializing. Has nothing to do with native app use.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-03-22 09:17 AM
    Yeah you missed it many threads ago it is a solution...
    Where is the separate thread and website/url about this. I am aware of the many posts, only I think mainly in this thread.
    03-03-22 11:59 AM
    Where is the separate thread and website/url about this. I am aware of the many posts, only I think mainly in this thread.
    There should be, but there isn't a separate thread. URL is in one of the posts by playbook_2021 in this thread.
    03-03-22 01:05 PM
    There should be, but there isn't a separate thread. URL is in one of the posts by playbook_2021 in this thread.
    I missed it too.. only saw where he's offering Opera Mini and some generic place holders for the Autoloader.... but no real info.

I understand he bought some clearance stuff from once of BlackBerry's offices being shutdown... but he's kind of back and forth on how well whatever he has works on the PlayBook. Personally I think he is missing a few "drupes" if he bought a couple of hundred PlayBooks, thinking he'll update them with "something" BB10ish and be able to sell them. Especially if he also offers up the OS to anyone... and it can do what he claims.

But then if it does work... BlackBerry isn't going to sit back and ignore him.
    03-03-22 01:34 PM
    I missed it too.. only saw where he's offering Opera Mini and some generic place holders for the Autoloader.... but no real info...
    Did the auto-loader ever make it to anyone else (wasn't that the original suggestion before the week of overtime work) for independent testing/confirmarion of what it can be used for?
    howarmat likes this.
    03-03-22 04:23 PM
    Did the auto-loader ever make it to anyone else (wasn't that the original suggestion before the week of overtime work) for independent testing/confirmarion of what it can be used for?
    nope nothing….
    03-03-22 04:26 PM
    He wants to make money off it now.
    03-03-22 05:03 PM
    Sure I guess (although not sure how much he'll make).

However, is there actually confirmation from anyone that what he is selling works?
    03-03-22 06:05 PM

However, is there actually confirmation from anyone that what he is selling works?
    I sure haven't heard any reports.
    03-03-22 06:13 PM
    That was pretty obvious quite early on when they were ‘too busy’ to send it to conite.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-03-22 06:13 PM

*crickets*
    03-03-22 07:07 PM
    Im pretty sure he is just trolling….
    03-03-22 07:43 PM
    The website is here:

https://blackberryosupdate.mystrikingly.com/

But the creator of that website apparently does not believe in creating separate threads for specific subjects and dumps all the information in this thread instead.
    Last edited by Lex24; 03-04-22 at 05:10 AM.
    03-04-22 02:51 AM
    If you wipe it now or reload OS, you will not be able to agree to terms/services agreement on final step of setup. My Playbook is stuck here after being forced to try to fix issue with it. BlackBerry 7.1 OS and older seem to be unaffected. I did reloads on my Bolds 9900/9930 without any issue.
    03-04-22 07:13 AM
    Im pretty sure he is just trolling….
    I think you hit the nail on the head there!
    03-04-22 10:17 AM
    If you wipe it now or reload OS, you will not be able to agree to terms/services agreement on final step of setup. My Playbook is stuck here after being forced to try to fix issue with it. BlackBerry 7.1 OS and older seem to be unaffected. I did reloads on my Bolds 9900/9930 without any issue.
    This thread is actually about BB10, I know it’s been a bit hijacked so has become a bit confusing to say the least!
    03-04-22 10:19 AM
    This thread is actually about BB10, I know it’s been a bit hijacked so has become a bit confusing to say the least!
    And it's pretty much a dead thread as the original warning no longer applies.... a mod could post a link to the solution and close it.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-04-22 02:48 PM
    Sure, we could do that since the solution is in the OP already.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-04-22 03:06 PM
344 ... 121314