A challenge to the techies.

As some of us know by visiting threads like the one here. We know that there are some people with Z10�s and Q10�s cannot update their OS to anything 10.3 or later and then there are others who cannot update past 10.3.1 or later. However the majority of these flawed devices can�t install anything 10.3 or later so let�s just stick to that.

So in case you have never heard of this issue of what I am referring to, let me get you up to speed. When installing an autoloader OR OTA with Sachesi, our phones do in fact accept the update. It is only upon reboot that everything is erased. When I say everything, I mean everything, all apps, settings, everything, it is fact a �wiped� phone upon reboot. All of us also have a blue light instead of the usual red with these phone upon booting up.

The only OS that works are the Developers SDK of 10.3 or 10.3.1. There are no autoloaders out there or anything anywhere that have worked with these phones. The OS just does not stick.

We have all nuked, we have all done the Sic wiped, and there is nothing that has not been done to try to resolve this issue. We are now looking for things that we haven�t tried. There are just so many people experiencing this problem and multiple threads and forums on this issue as well. All ending with how frustrated they are in not being able to have anything 10.3 and above. We all have had to revert back to 10.2.

Which at least for me, after seeing 10.3.1 is excruciating to revert back to.

So now here I am asking or begging anyone to help us resolve this issue.

I personally have the STL100-3 T-Mobile.

So here it is �The Challenge�

BlackBerry has now listed a fix for this - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB36747
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-12-15 at 11:50 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
    11-17-14 06:08 PM
    I have a Q10 and I am having the same issue. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks to Rock Star1 for putting the challenge out there!
    11-17-14 06:12 PM
    You are so welcome "lovethatcrack" I wish I reread my post. I am embarrassed by my grammar, or lack of lol.

Anyway, our time is coming. We too shall have 10.3 when someone figures out what the issue is.
    11-17-14 06:34 PM
    Well running an autoloader will always wipe your device. Don't know much about sachesi (destructive or non destructive)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:45 AM
    Well running an autoloader will always wipe your device. Don't know much about sachesi (destructive or non destructive)

Posted via CB10
    They're talking about phones wiping themselves upon every reboot, not the wipe that occurs every autoloader OS install.

My best guess, there's a hardware issue causing the problem. I hope I'm wrong.
    SPNKr, rickkel and gambit09 like this.
    11-18-14 07:53 AM
    Only one that doesn't wipe is non-destructive via sachesi
    Seems that OP isn't fully clear about how updates work.
    I wonder what he's loading, because if he loads an OS correctly, the update will stick. I'm not sure what he means about updates not sticking.
    If Dev OS works, it tells me that he's loading the wrong autoloader for the other OSes
    11-18-14 08:01 AM
    They're talking about phones wiping themselves upon every reboot, not the wipe that occurs every autoloader OS install.

My best guess, there's a hardware issue causing the problem. I hope I'm wrong.
    Yet 10.2 works? Something seems fishy here
    11-18-14 08:02 AM
    Only one that doesn't wipe is non-destructive via sachesi
    Seems that OP isn't fully clear about how updates work.
    I wonder what he's loading, because if he loads an OS correctly, the update will stick. I'm not sure what he means about updates not sticking.
    If Dev OS works, it tells me that he's loading the wrong autoloader for the other OSes
    Normally I'd agree with you, and yes, something fishy is going on, but...

The very fact they're reporting a blue LED upon reboot, along with the number of reports, leads me to believe this goes beyond "user error".
    11-18-14 08:18 AM
    Can we see if there is any consitancy betweem the users who arre experiencing this issue?

Like:

Carrier
    Device type
    Method used to install 10.3

I ask because I have used both methods (Auto-loader as well as the "Blitz" method many times) to update my Z10 STL100-4 which is now running 10.3.1.1151 and have not experienced any of those symptoms you describe. I have seen many users posting the exact same issue, but they do not include the information of who (carrier) and method used.

I am wondering is it is carrier based, meaning when device reboots, the carrier bloated software may identify the OS that was loaded as not current for the carrier and then does some sort of wipe.

Just a thought..
    BigBadWulf and NOKJAA like this.
    11-18-14 08:18 AM
    masterscarhead you could not be more wrong. We have all loaded every 10.3 autoloader there is. 10.3 and above, every single leak. When I say it doesn't stick, it means that upon setting up the phone after the reboot of the new OS, the NEXT time it eventually reboots everything is lost and again and gain. Every App, every setting.
    You do not have the problem so you just can’t seem to think there is one. When we say the OS does not stick, it is what we mean. Any auto loader anywhere, any OTA via Sachesi anytime, the OS does not stick on some devices.
    11-18-14 08:23 AM
    Here isa post regarding the same issue http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...25/index2.html
    11-18-14 08:24 AM
    Are they refurbs?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:27 AM
    And here is another one. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...reboot-954502/

There are a lot of people experiencing this problem. So stop telling us that we have a bad autoloader. We have all tried every autoloader past 10.2. Every 10.0 to 10.2 works. The 10.3 and above does not. We all know how to load auto loaders ok? We all know how to use Sachesi. Read the other threads if you would like more information.
    endro nugroho likes this.
    11-18-14 08:30 AM
    Great question Thurask. I am not sure. T-Mobile sent me mine directly.
    11-18-14 08:32 AM
    masterscarhead you could not be more wrong. We have all loaded every 10.3 autoloader there is. 10.3 and above, every single leak. When I say it doesn't stick, it means that upon setting up the phone after the reboot of the new OS, the NEXT time it eventually reboots everything is lost and again and gain. Every App, every setting.
    You do not have the problem so you just can’t seem to think there is one. When we say the OS does not stick, it is what we mean. Any auto loader anywhere, any OTA via Sachesi anytime, the OS does not stick on some devices.
    I think you are overgeneralizing in this case. Many factors may be at play, but to say everyone has the same problem, seems to be a "very common" issue which I don't think it is.
    Having said that, it is very odd that it's flashing a blue LED upon reboot
    What makes no sense to me is the fact that 10.2 works.
    Therefore, like someone mentioned above, I would like to know step by step how you installed your OS. Whether you wiped, etc
    11-18-14 08:33 AM
    A lot of the T-Mobile users with an STL100-3 have been having this issue. And from another thread I can see it looks like (and this was just by typing this into Google "q10 wipes upon reboot" It is the first post. They are T-Mobile Q10 users.

We have all Blitzed as well. Same outcome.
    11-18-14 08:34 AM
    Masterscardhead When I say everyone, I mean "everyone" with this problem. I actually do not mean EVERYONE.

If you re read my first post so I do not have to keep repeating myself, we have all SIC wiped, we have all wiped, we have all Blitzed, we all know how to use Sachesi. You while trying to help are not listing. None of the above works, every time we reboot the [phone no matter what we load, it wipes the entire device. It is that simple. If anyone is overgeneralizing it is you to assume this problem can not exist when 100's of users experience the same problem. Just Google it.
    11-18-14 08:37 AM
    and yes 10.2 works just fine. Again it is anything 10.3 and above. We have all had autoload 10.2 back on our phones. The ones with this issue.
    11-18-14 08:40 AM
    Hmmmmm...

Possibly the lovefest between BlackBerry and T-M continues...
    Cranky and ifraser like this.
    11-18-14 08:49 AM
    Since this may be isolated to T-Mobile, have you tried running the appropriate autoloader without your SIM card in place?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-18-14 08:54 AM
    BigBadWulf I can assure you it is not user error as you said. It does in fact go beyond that as you stated. It is VERY frustrating.
    We all know how to use autoloaders. We all can revert back to 10.2 just fine.
    We all know how to use Sachesi
    We all know SIC wipe.
    We have all "the ones that experience this problem" have been there and done that.

When we say everything is lost upon reboot it doesn't mean first reboot either, it means second, third and so on. Everytime there is a reboot, no matter what is installed, it wipes itself.

From what I can tell most if not all are T-Mobile users.

And YES we know that there are T-Mobile users who have successfully updated there phones.

I can tell you that some of them can not. They can and have updated from 10.1 to 10.2 just fine. It is anything 10.3 and above.
    11-18-14 08:55 AM
    Yes, Thanks LP. Been there done that at least 20 times.
    11-18-14 08:55 AM
    Masterscardhead When I say everyone, I mean "everyone" with this problem. I actually do not mean EVERYONE.

If you re read my first post so I do not have to keep repeating myself, we have all SIC wiped, we have all wiped, we have all Blitzed, we all know how to use Sachesi. You while trying to help are not listing. None of the above works, every time we reboot the [phone no matter what we load, it wipes the entire device. It is that simple. If anyone is overgeneralizing it is you to assume this problem can not exist when 100's of users experience the same problem. Just Google it.
    Once again I see the same problem
    --> SIC wipe, or any wipe for that matter
    Do it without wiping and I doubt you will have a problem.
    Combining wiping and sachesi is just a bad idea to begin with, especially if you do consecutive non-destructive updates
    Use a 10.3.1 autoloader and DON'T WIPE. I don't think you will have the problem
    11-18-14 08:56 AM
    Have taken Sim card out, left it in, tried it all.
    11-18-14 08:56 AM
    Masterscarhead. I have done that already. Thanks. It is obviously a hardware problem. It looks like you just can't imagine the idea of the problem as you do not have it yourself or have not experienced it. Thanks again for your advice. but I have done that.
    11-18-14 08:58 AM
702 123 ...