11-19-17 11:10 AM
61 123
tools
    i've always used their latest version. i had not considered your ipod option...actually i was a little surprised to see an ipod recently i thought they went the way of bbos devices. whats the point of an iphone without a phone? anyway, i would certainly feel more comfortable using an apple device than android, but not entirely cozy.
    also, i spent good money on this passport and it is by no means antiquated. i may be grasping at straws here, but i'd like the bank to pay for it if they are refusing to accomodate our perfectly good bb10 devices.

Posted via CBX
    The runtime in BB10 isn't meant to replace Android. Compared to actual Android it's missing certain features and BlackBerry made changes to it which breaks compatibility with some Android apps and functions (media sharing in WhatsApp is a good example of this). Unless you're getting the latest Android app from BB World or the Amazon Appstore I don't think there's any support or fixes the bank/developers can provide.
    09-30-17 12:29 PM
    The runtime in BB10 isn't meant to replace Android. Compared to actual Android it's missing certain features and BlackBerry made changes to it which breaks compatibility with some Android apps and functions (media sharing in WhatsApp is a good example of this). Unless you're getting the latest Android app from BB World or the Amazon Appstore I don't think there's any support or fixes the bank/developers can provide.
    It was meant for Android developers to port their apps for testing only. When the app gap became apparent, BlackBerry panicked and suggested it as a solution for running Android apps from Amazon. But it was never designed for how it is being used now which is why it doesn't always play well with all apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-17 12:40 PM
    to summize this thread: as i understand it these banks baked in a doomsday feature and activated it with no regard for their customers who have blackberries. their logic was mainly aimed at getting people to throw out their old android phones, which admittedly, are insecure. my passport will be around for years to come...or until a reasonable replacement exists. there is nothing on the market right now that could entice me away from this amazing device. it may well be in pocket forever.

for those in my situation: i had to approach the people who send me cheques and let them know that that was no longer a valid payment option.

Posted via CBX
    Last edited by wingnut666; 10-01-17 at 11:57 AM.
    10-01-17 11:13 AM
    to summize this thread: as i understand it these banks baked in a doomsday feature and activated it with no regard for their customers who have balckberries. their logic was mainly aimed at getting people to throw out their old android phones, which admittedly, are insecure. my passport will be around for years to come...or until a reasonable replacement exists. there is nothing on the market right now that could entice me away from this amazing device. it may well be in pocket forever.

for those in my situation: i had to approach the people who send me cheques and let them know that that was no longer a valid payment option.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutt...spite_the_face
    10-01-17 11:30 AM
    to summize this thread: as i understand it these banks baked in a doomsday feature and activated it with no regard for their customers who have balckberries. their logic was mainly aimed at getting people to throw out their old android phones, which admittedly, are insecure. my passport will be around for years to come...or until a reasonable replacement exists. there is nothing on the market right now that could entice me away from this amazing device. it may well be in pocket forever.

No, no, no, the overwhelming majority of their customers will not need a new phone. No bank would push such a drastic measure because it would cost us money and customers. The push here is to get people to upgrade their apps, not their phones.

For most customers, they just need to upgrade the app to the latest version. On Android and iOS this is a very simple thing, little inconvenience.

The number of people who have made sacred vows to older platforms is quite small. So, yes, those people won’t be able to do mobile deposit going forward as everyone works to improve the safety of that feature.

BTW, BB10 does absolutely nothing to help with the security issues around check deposit. In fact BB10 suffers from the same issue that earlier Android had: banks can’t verify the authenticity of their own apps on BB10 (they can’t tell if the app has been patched)
    10-01-17 11:41 AM
    Unless the app is officially available on BB World the number of users on BB10 wouldn't even factor into it. If it was a general decision by the developer to discontinue support for Android 4.3 I guess the best you can really hope for is that the runtime in BB10 is updated to support 4.4 or higher but the odds of that happening are basically zero at this point.
    10-01-17 12:17 PM
    Was ready to jump back on to my Passport full time and I noticed three things.
    • 1- my Capital one credit card was not working in Blackberry World Store. I contacted Capital one and they said I have no flags raised and all is good.
    • 2- I can no longer access the Capital one website, not even using Yubrowser from Google Play Store
    • 3- I downloaded the Capital One APK I used to use and it now crashes and stops working

Guess what....... Back to the Oneplus 3T. 😭
    As much as I do love my Passport I just can't rely on it to carry me through.

I am going to wait a few days to see if the changes to the website are temporary or permanent. I've seen maintenance to the websites cause problems and then corrected. Wait and see approach 😒
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-10-17 at 03:45 PM.
    10-10-17 11:18 AM
    Update:

It's been three days since the Blackberry World won't accept my Mastercard and the problem still persists.

Finally after two days I can now access the Capital One website with the stock browser.

The Capital One app still crashes and won't even open.
    Strange things are happening here.
    Very strange.......

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport ***
    10-10-17 10:23 PM
    strange days indeed

Posted via CBX
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-11-17 01:39 PM
    holy crap, TD fixed mobile deposits.

Posted via CBX
    11-19-17 10:11 AM
    I usually used a pssword managers browser foe Banking, heve'nt tried in awhile. Password Keeper or Enpass.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 11:10 AM
61 123