"Latest software update for Z10 is Version 10.3.3.1463".

I got this notice yesterday. Has anyone done the update? Do we lose the ability to use/access any current apps by updating?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:28 PM
    Lots of threads here on CB about this update. Good and Bad reviews. IMHO the update offers really nothing major so if you are happy with what you have just stick with it as you cannot go back to 10.3.2.
    04-15-17 12:46 PM
    I would stick with 10.3.2 - I lost BlackBerry Link and HG 10 (Google Hangouts app) with the new update. Link was crucial in order to backup the phone. My Q10 runs a little warmer as well. A lot of different issues have been posted. I thought the update was withdrawn though. Am surprised it is showing up again.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:02 PM
    I would stick with 10.3.2 - I lost BlackBerry Link and HG 10 (Google Hangouts app) with the new update. Link was crucial in order to backup the phone. My Q10 runs a little warmer as well. A lot of different issues have been posted. I thought the update was withdrawn though. Am surprised it is showing up again.

Posted via CB10
    Carriers deemed it acceptable and have re-issued it.
    04-15-17 06:15 PM
    I've personally been turned off from this update, due to all the critical, negative user experiences reported on it. That said, some haven't had any issues.
    04-16-17 08:47 PM
    I can't open anything android!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 09:05 PM
    I can't open anything android!!!

Posted via CB10
    Hold down the power button until the phone begins to restart. Then don't touch it for 15 minutes.
    04-16-17 09:07 PM
    10.3.3 improved/fixed both my Classic and Passport.
    Results may vary.
    04-16-17 09:54 PM
    I'm still on 10.3.2.2836 (unlocked Passport OG with an EE-UK sim) and I would love to be able to upgrade
    04-16-17 10:26 PM
    I updated my ClassicSQC100-2/10.3.3.2205 to 10.3.3.1463 and it works just fine for me so far. It appears to have fixed a few annoying bugs such as notification volume turning down and random reboots but then again it hasn't been 24 hours yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 10:46 PM
    Thanks all! Given that all of you have had a negative experience, think I'll pass. Like many, after the last update I lost access to several things or the user-interface was different.

Sadly it seems like I'll soon have to stop using BlackBerry given more and more companies are choosing not to be BlackBerry friendly :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 06:13 PM
    Anyone can assist to get Google play services on my passport?? OS 10.2

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 08:23 PM
    Anyone can assist to get Google play services on my passport?? OS 10.2

Posted via CB10
    If you're using a Passport, you're on OS 10.3.X.

Cobalt's file share:

[url]https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.
    Install Play Services v10.
    Update 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (but don't open).
    Install Play Store v6.
    Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

If an app requires Google Play Services:
    Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still won't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    matthewkuhl likes this.
    04-18-17 08:39 PM
    This is a terrible update. I'm now restricted to making and receiving calls. Apps will sometimes open, but are non-functional. Sometimes, restarting my Passport results in it getting stuck at "Finalising device setup". In order to get around this, I discovered this process that works for me (to enable calls): My Passport screen is stuck on "Finalizing device setup". Can anyone help? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    I hope a fix comes out for this SOON...Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link can't do anything, and neither can Sachesi.
    04-20-17 08:03 AM
    This is a terrible update. I'm now restricted to making and receiving calls. Apps will sometimes open, but are non-functional. Sometimes, restarting my Passport results in it getting stuck at "Finalising device setup". In order to get around this, I discovered this process that works for me (to enable calls): My Passport screen is stuck on "Finalizing device setup". Can anyone help? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    I hope a fix comes out for this SOON...Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link can't do anything, and neither can Sachesi.
    Use an autoloader. You'll be up and running in minutes.
    04-20-17 08:30 AM
    Thank you Conite. Unfortunately that was not possible. The computer (Mac) recognised the phone being connected via USB , but that was it. Neither Blackberry Link nor Blackberry Blend could establish a successful connection. I tried with Sachesi too, and the best that happened was that it recognised a possible device via USB connection. So, after almost a week, I had to resort to a Security Wipe and reload, unfortunately, losing some important pics and videos in the process (there was no way to back-up before wiping). Thanks for your help anyway.
    04-26-17 05:52 AM
    Thank you Conite. Unfortunately that was not possible. The computer (Mac) recognised the phone being connected via USB , but that was it. Neither Blackberry Link nor Blackberry Blend could establish a successful connection. I tried with Sachesi too, and the best that happened was that it recognised a possible device via USB connection. So, after almost a week, I had to resort to a Security Wipe and reload, unfortunately, losing some important pics and videos in the process (there was no way to back-up before wiping). Thanks for your help anyway.
    Use Ultimate Backup first, then use an autoloader on a PC.
    04-26-17 08:30 AM
    I have two Q10s one a SQN100-1 and the other a SQN100-5. Updating to OS 10.3.3.1463 on both resulted in two very different outcomes. The SQN100-1 was trouble free and worked great the SQN100-5 had some issues.
    The first issue was every time I restarted the phone it wiped all the data until I found the Blackberry fix file to correct this (I found the fix after re-entering my contacts etc. far too many times). And just to add to my frustration I kept getting notified that there was a new “OS 10.3.3.1463” available, the exact same version I just installed and this went on for a month or two. I did re-install it a few times thinking it might fix the wiped data issue but no such luck and it wiped all my data each time. I finally turned off the auto download and ignored the update notifications. Eventually the phone figured out that I have the latest OS installed the notifications stopped coming. I finally download the app Device Switch so I could just transfer the data from the SQN100-1 to the SQN100-5!
    The other issue is the compose window for emails will not open. From the Hub page when I hit Compose the Select an account window comes up but when I select an email account it just goes back to the Hub display. Selecting to compose a text works fine just no emails. To get around this I have to entering “e” from the home screen and select send an email. I’ve spent a lot of time searching but have yet to a solution for it.
    04-27-17 03:17 PM