[WARN]IF YOU'RE ON 10.3.3 YOU CAN'T DOWNGRADE TO 10.3.2 OR LOWER
    IF YOU'RE ON 10.3.2 YOU CAN'T DOWNGRADE TO 10.3.1 OR LOWER
    IF YOU'RE ON 10.3.1 OR LOWER, FIX THAT[/WARN]

You've waited and waited for an OTA upgrade to come from the heavens, and when it finally drops...

I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL! BLACKBERRY, Y U DO DIS
    Don't like how it looks, you can't livestream Mozambican cockfighting anymore, you've spent your life savings on Adobe AIR futures, whatever. You are firmly convinced that this new OS is worse than Nickelback and you want to go back to how things were before. I wouldn't exactly say it's the best choice, but if you really, truly want to, read on.

SO WHAT DO I DO?
    The procedure is pretty simple.
    1. Get an autoloader for the OS you want
    2. Load it
    3. Disable automatic updates
    You may notice that backups and restores are missing. That's because restoring from a newer version onto an older version is pretty dicey, and it's best to avoid problems and start fresh (same reason why there's no Sachesi). Or, if you had the forethought to back everything up when the OTA upgrade notice went out, you can restore that if you're downgrading to the OS you had when you backed up. Or, yanno, deal with the upgrade, but if you could, you won't be needing this.

WHERE DO I GET AN AUTOLOADER?
    You could try a cursory search of the Leaked/Beta subforum, or you could just look here. Open the linked storage, then drill down to the loader you want (/). So if you want to revert to 10.3.0, find the 10.3.0.1418 loaders. Revert to 10.2.1, find the 10.2.1.3502 loaders.

All of the loaders are properly labeled, and here's the device overlap list:
    • STL100-1: STL100-1
    • STL100-2/3/4: STL100-2/3/4, P'9982
    • SQN100-1-2-3-4-5: Q10, Q5, P'9983
    • STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6: Z30, Classic, Leap
    • STJ100-1-2: Z3
    • SQW100-1-2-3-4: Passport

HOW DO I LOAD IT?
    Once you've downloaded the right loader from the previous step, if it's compressed extract it with 7-Zip (DO NOT open the exe without extracting), and you should end up with a big fat .exe file. If you're on a Mac, don't be. Use Windows, either through Boot Camp or a different computer.

Load the autoloader. If you don't know how, read this other guide.

It's destructive, so it'll wipe your phone. Be warned.

HOW DO I DISABLE UPDATES?
    Follow this BlackBerry Knowledge Base article, but set Automatic Updates to OFF instead of ON.

Once all that's done, you should have a clean, fresh install of the OS you were on before the update push. Don't complain if app support (native or otherwise) gets worse over time, bugs aren't fixed, whatever; that's to be expected.

IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY EVEN AFTER I SWITCHED AUTOMATIC UPDATES OFF!
    If your carrier insists, then they can force an update onto your phone even without the Automatic Updates toggle on. Usually that's to comply with some law, like American authorities requiring phones to be sold with anti-theft features (hence why 10.3.2 came down for the Americans). If you don't like it, complain to your carrier and/or Congressman.

BUT WHAT IF IT WON'T LET ME DOWNGRADE?
    You may have run into the roadblock that is the OS blacklist.

In the device's NVRAM is a list of all of the OSs that you can't load: usually, diagnostic OSs loaded during repair, or nightly builds for testing. For security reasons, this list is extended to include some older OS releases sometimes, in order to prevent some sort of security vulnerability by preventing access to it. As an example, between 10.2.0 (I believe) and 10.3.1, one could not load an OS older than 10.1.0.1483 onto their phone. More obvious is the inability to go below 10.3.2.680 once it or a newer OS is loaded.

Now, you may wonder if there's a way around this "problem".

Well, there isn't, and no amount of complaining/prayer/voodoo can change that. This should explain.
    Last edited by thurask; 01-10-17 at 01:03 PM.
    02-21-15 01:10 PM
    Do I sense of sarcasm in your post Thurask? I think so....
    02-21-15 01:19 PM
    Do I sense of sarcasm in your post Thurask? I think so....
    I did say I don't think downgrading is the best choice...
    moody, wincyUt and bungaboy like this.
    02-21-15 01:24 PM
    Where's the part about the spankings?
    wincyUt, Carjackd and moody like this.
    02-21-15 01:44 PM
    Where's the part about the spankings?
    See schedule II, sub section V
    bungaboy and wincyUt like this.
    02-21-15 02:04 PM
    So you're saying that if I downgrade and turn off automatic updates that I won't be updated again OTA?

Needed to get that stupid question out of the way before someone asked.
    02-21-15 04:10 PM
    So you're saying that if I downgrade and turn off automatic updates that I won't be updated again OTA?

Needed to get that stupid question out of the way before someone asked.
    Only if you manually update.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    02-21-15 04:19 PM
    No matter what you do, it's impossible to satisfy everyone

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-21-15 05:48 PM
    If you're on a Mac, don't be.

That was kinda genius

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan, lift and RJGnyc like this.
    02-21-15 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the advice Thurask, not that I will downgrade but for those that do.....

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-21-15 06:23 PM
    Heck, am I gonna miss that cockfighting!

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.1565 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-21-15 06:28 PM
    And what's wrong with Nickleback?

Btw -- when's this getting stickied?
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-22-15 05:45 PM
    This is the thing that bugs me the most . People will take the time to p*** and moan about this is the worse thing to ever happen to their phone and yet they never take the time to make a back up or download a 10.3.1.xxxx autoloader to see if it will work without all the gobbledygook that sometimes happens to an OTA upgrade, especially when there's no way of knowing if an errant program, which had previously been installed, may be the root cause leading to some of the issues people have been seeing.

I've done at least 10 autoloaders and have yet to have a problem on either of my two phones.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-22-15 07:28 PM
    And this is the reason I silently laugh to myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:33 PM
    Most of the mentioned bugs are present even after clean autoloader installation with no extra apps. This is how I test new leaks. Always autoloader and never restore.
    02-22-15 07:50 PM
    I don't doubt that some of the bugs like wifi signal dropping, flickering and notification volume are truly present, but when someone has the same model as I and a certain aspect works on both of mine, yet theirs which has had an OTA upgrade does not, leads me to believe what they are seeing isn't truly what I would call a bug- more a failure to properly upgrade for whatever reason.

For example, why haven't I had any issues upon up or downgrading, yet someone else's phone stops charging? Is that considered a bug?

How about those who never backup their computer's installation and the hard drive crashes. Is that a fault of the manufacturer or reason to moan and say "xyz stinks" so I'm taking my marble elsewhere?
    02-22-15 08:00 PM
    What is the most stable 3.0 autoloader for the passport...I have to go back as i need to hear my alarm and notifications...Thank in advance...
    02-22-15 08:29 PM
    LOL cockfighting and nickelback, that's a recipe for nightmares....

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-22-15 08:49 PM
    What is the most stable 3.0 autoloader for the passport...I have to go back as i need to hear my alarm and notifications...Thank in advance...
    10.3.0.1418 was an official release for Passport
    02-22-15 09:19 PM
    I don't doubt that some of the bugs like wifi signal dropping, flickering and notification volume are truly present, but when someone has the same model as I and a certain aspect works on both of mine, yet theirs which has had an OTA upgrade does not, leads me to believe what they are seeing isn't truly what I would call a bug- more a failure to properly upgrade for whatever reason.

For example, why haven't I had any issues upon up or downgrading, yet someone else's phone stops charging? Is that considered a bug?

How about those who never backup their computer's installation and the hard drive crashes. Is that a fault of the manufacturer or reason to moan and say "xyz stinks" so I'm taking my marble elsewhere?
    10.3.1 is nice, yes it's a step forward bbbbbbuuuutttttttt it has too many problems to be a standard official OS.

I have a wiped clean Q10 and Z10 from Rogers. I updated to 10.3.1 and the notification volume is too low (Q10 has always very loud), wifi was constantly dropping and it had 3 out of 5 bars 2 rooms away. Other people will have the same and perhaps more bugs.

Both phones were updated OTA, were never paused or interrupted and given plenty of time to settle in.

I'm happy Rogers didn't release this update for the Passport which I'm typing this comment on. For an update that took so long and many of these issues were present in just about every leak, it shouldn't have to be this way.

BlackBerry really needs to collect these examples and do something about it.

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan and lift like this.
    02-22-15 09:40 PM
    For an update that took so long and many of these issues were present in just about every leak, it shouldn't have to be this way.

BlackBerry really needs to collect these examples and do something about it.

Posted via CB10
    No doubt.

That's the thing, some of these issues have been known for MONTHS and months. Yet, the OS update takes forever and then is released without fixes regardless.

Well I guess I should say PARTIALLY released since Clewley has yet to figure out which "bits to flip" for the unlocked devices.

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan and Velocitymj like this.
    02-22-15 11:40 PM
    Both phones were updated OTA, were never paused or interrupted and given plenty of time to settle in.
    I'm sorry you're having troubles with yours.

My STL100-3's on the other hand are working 'nearly' flawlessly. Did have one small issue with the bastardized Hybrid OS upgrade I did on the black one this morning. When I used the volume buttons to lower the media sound down to zero, I found I couldn't raise it back up using the up button. A reboot brought things back to normal. I guess it's time to use a real autoloader on it at well.
    02-23-15 11:20 AM
    So ... if I understand correctly, OS 10.3.1 for BlackBerry devices:
    • Takes better care of battery life (a good thing)
    • Allows the use of BlackBerry Blend (a significant positive)
    • Makes default sounds a lot quieter for some reason
    • Has a "noisier" calendar (the basic design looks very busy)
    • Requires downloading and installing a more current version of BBM (big deal)
    • Does not support Flash (which is the way the world is going anyway)
    • Has a problem with Facebook updates
    • MAY reduce WiFi accessibility and/or speed (depending on the phone's physical antenna)
    • MAY lock screen orientation (not a serious issue for BBQ10 and not universal and fixable if you turn the thing off and on again)

Does that about cover it?
    I have Sprint (yeah, I know ... but sometimes these things cannot be helped). I have a Q10 and I rather like it. But given the uproar on these boards, I now don't know if I should wait a while for the next upgrade and hold on to 10.2 until then.
    02-24-15 05:10 PM
    So am I right in thinking that there is no way to do a non-destructive downgrade from 10.3.1.2243 to 10.3.0.1418 on my Z30?

I'm not that bothered about Nickelcock or Backfighting, but 10.3.1 is killing my Pebble Watch and 10.3.0 didn't.

Any advice would be very welcomed and appreciated.
    02-24-15 06:06 PM
    I'm pretty certain that they will have Mozambican cockfighting versus Chad Kroeger on the undercard of the upcoming Pacquiao-Mayweather bout. My money is on Kroeger.

/10.3.1.2267 for the win; not perfect but perfect for me! Love this OS
    02-24-15 06:37 PM
68 123