04-06-16 03:15 PM
45 12
tools
    BlackBerry accounts figures are out and they have also said that the Priv will feature Android Marshmallow. An hour later....nothing on Crackberry about the future of OS10. Nor the appearance of software 10.3.3. What is going on please?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:06 AM
    BlackBerry accounts figures are out and they have also said that the Priv will feature Android Marshmallow. An hour later....nothing on Crackberry about the future of OS10. Nor the appearance of software 10.3.3. What is going on please?

Posted via CB10
    Still the same old song and dance routine " BB10 still being supported.......blah, blah, blah.........10.3.3 will be released in June.....10.3.4 sometime in 2017/2018 blah, blah..........and on and on.
    04-01-16 08:09 AM
    He said they have released 10.3.3.... just waiting on "technical approvals".

And they are working hard on the 300 lines of code that will make up the changes in 10.4.4....

BB10 is finished.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-01-16 08:09 AM
    I was surprised he admitted that the Classic wasn't in production anymore....
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-01-16 08:10 AM
    Chen says he now expects 10.3.3 to ship in June. He also expects 10.3.4 to ship in late FY2017 or early FY2018, which means basically the first half of calendar 2017. So approximately a year from now for 10.3.4.
    dolco likes this.
    04-01-16 08:11 AM
    Chen says he now expects 10.3.3 to ship in June. He also expects 10.3.4 to ship in late FY2017 or early FY2018, which means basically the first half of calendar 2017. So approximately a year from now for 10.3.4.
    source?
    04-01-16 08:18 AM
    source?
    It was on the earnings call.
    e4diesel and dolco like this.
    04-01-16 08:20 AM
    source?
    This morning's earnings call.
    Plazmic Flame and dolco like this.
    04-01-16 08:20 AM
    People are basically asking "what is the future of the ship" whilst having to stand at an angle with wet feet and watching the life boats disappear over the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:22 AM
    source?
    We listened to the earnings call. Follow the link on CB to listen to a re-broadcast at 11 am EDT.
    dolco likes this.
    04-01-16 08:22 AM
    Actually, there is almost nothing going on about BB10. And it's been that way for quite a while now.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:28 AM
    He said they have released 10.3.3.... just waiting on "technical approvals".

And they are working hard on the 300 lines of code that will make up the changes in 10.4.4....

BB10 is finished.
    you mean 10.3.4
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-01-16 08:43 AM
    Woo hoo!! At least another year with my wonderful Passport SE - I'm a happy man

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yaa!! On a positive note we can rest be assured of support till 2017 from blackberry!! I am gonna buy passport SE!!

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    04-01-16 10:34 AM
    If you look at the phaseout period of BB7, You can rest assured BB10 will stick around for at least 5 more years in some sort of maintenance release phase.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    04-01-16 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way BB10 works perfectly well for me Uber works Mobilepay works (danish payment) I bought Face10 and messegen can't rememben when I last bought apps from BBworld don't want to even consider jumping ship till 830 is out which is sometime in 2017 - Everything is great only thing I'm missing is the thanks button in the CB Forum
    04-01-16 11:03 AM
    I was surprised he admitted that the Classic wasn't in production anymore....
    Not quite what he said. The full context of his statement is relevant:

===========
    The Foxconn built out classic and its a from my limited experience in the last 2.5 years here has been extremely, extremely successful. In fact, people still want the classic. I unfortunately am getting to the point that I cant make it anymore because of the fact that the memory components and all that is changing. So Im working on that issue also.
    ===========

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 01:27 PM

===========
    The Foxconn built out classic and it’s a – from my limited experience in the last 2.5 years here has been extremely, extremely successful. In fact, people still want the classic. I unfortunately am getting to the point that I can’t make it anymore because of the fact that the memory components and all that is changing. So I’m working on that issue also.
    ===========

Posted via CB10
    Also said they were done with Foxconn... Chen likes making open ended statements.

Based on BB10 sales volumes... I doubt Chen is really working on that issue. Based on the age of the Classic's chipset, I imagine most OEM would just use a little newer version - but most OEMs don't have a custom OS that requires unique drivers. Both the Z30 and Passport use new chipsets... but retooling and the design work... just doesn't make sense.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-01-16 01:46 PM
    OK so Chen has basically said that the hardware section has until September to turn itself around. That is in your hands Mr Chen. Saturate global ( forget USA which is a lost cause to Apple) but go for Europe, Australasia etc where you already have a fan Base. Pitch the price at 200 ( uk) point and show what OS10 has to offer over stagnant iOS and Android. OS10 can be a global leader but you have allowed yourselves to be dragged into a "joke" handset option by those who can't see past iphones. Get up, fight back, advertise globally, consistently and BlackBerry can be on top of the pile again, sporting the best OS out there. It's in your hands BlackBerry. Go for it

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-01-16 03:09 PM
    OK so Chen has basically said that the hardware section has until September to turn itself around. That is in your hands Mr Chen. Saturate global ( forget USA which is a lost cause to Apple) but go for Europe, Australasia etc where you already have a fan Base. Pitch the price at 200 ( uk) point and show what OS10 has to offer over stagnant iOS and Android. OS10 can be a global leader but you have allowed yourselves to be dragged into a "joke" handset option by those who can't see past iphones. Get up, fight back, advertise globally, consistently and BlackBerry can be on top of the pile again, sporting the best OS out there. It's in your hands BlackBerry. Go for it
    How much money would you spend on these efforts if you were CEO? Keep in mind they have just $1.4B in net cash.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-01-16 03:21 PM
    BB 10 is toast, use it while you still can.
    jaydee5799 and JeepBB like this.
    04-01-16 03:33 PM
    ========= I unfortunately am getting to the point that I can’t make it anymore because of the fact that the memory components and all that is changing. So I’m working on that issue also.
    So essentially he is saying that the device is so under-spec'ed that they can't get components for it anymore?
    04-01-16 03:49 PM
    Overall future of BlackBerry 10 now looks bleak to me . We will not have any update until May . This will also impact device sales . Chen made a cautious and measured statement today on future of hardware business. All now depends upon numbers BlackBerry is able to achieve until September.
    I still hope they stand a chance to reach breakeven if they support the OS 10 platform.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    04-01-16 04:26 PM
    A lot of people blame Chen for his decision to go with Android. Sure it's nice to think about Android to test the waters.

But also release a BB10 phone for a good comparison. He lost BB10 loyalists because of it.

Anyway, the decision is made by a lot of people, not just Chen.

I would also like to remind everyone, as far as I know from an article I read a while back; it's that big guy who flashed the Priv during a concrence was the guy who really sold him on the idea about the Priv. Fire that guy!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 04:51 PM
    He lost BB10 loyalists because of it.
    BB10 loyalists are a PITA.

Group 1 wants a top spec classic with BB10.
    Group 2 wants a top spec all touch with BB10.
    Group 3 wants a top spec slider with BB10.
    Group 4 wants a Bold with the legacy OS.

BlackBerry can not make a top spec device and sell it for the same money as Samsung, LG or HTC.

I think the idea was to make the handset component of its end to end solution on a budget.
    This handset component would be secure enough to move the corporate customers over to android.
    BB10 cost to much and the android option would be cheaper going forward.

The groups enumerated above are welcome to buy the android device too.
    But if they don't wan't to, they can go pound sand.
    That is the value that BlackBerry assigned to their loyalty.
    BlackBerry is a business with shareholders who come before loyal customers.

Apologies for omitting a group or two but that would only further illustrate my point.
    04-01-16 05:12 PM
45 12