Also said they were done with Foxconn... Chen likes making open ended statements.

Based on BB10 sales volumes... I doubt Chen is really working on that issue. Based on the age of the Classic's chipset, I imagine most OEM would just use a little newer version - but most OEMs don't have a custom OS that requires unique drivers. Both the Z30 and Passport use new chipsets... but retooling and the design work... just doesn't make sense.
    The Z30 still uses an S4 chipset so they might run into the same problem there, the Snapdragon 400 used in the Z3 could be a better option (assuming there's enough demand for a re-release).
    04-01-16 07:01 PM
    OK so Chen has basically said that the hardware section has until September to turn itself around. That is in your hands Mr Chen. Saturate global ( forget USA which is a lost cause to Apple) but go for Europe, Australasia etc where you already have a fan Base. Pitch the price at �200 ( uk) point and show what OS10 has to offer over stagnant iOS and Android. OS10 can be a global leader but you have allowed yourselves to be dragged into a "joke" handset option by those who can't see past iphones. Get up, fight back, advertise globally, consistently and BlackBerry can be on top of the pile again, sporting the best OS out there. It's in your hands BlackBerry. Go for it

Posted via CB10
    BB10 has nothing to offer over IOS. Outside of the Hub they function almost identically. Don't even get me started on the app stores.

Do you really think the world will be swayed by "better texting and email"?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-01-16 10:04 PM
    One word. Dead.
    Word of advice. Get use to the fact that BB10 is dead and by end of this year most, if not all wireless carriers, will not carry BB10 devices. There's is no incentive for carriers to stock or offer 2+ year old spec phones from a platform that is dead.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 11:03 PM
    BlackBerry accounts figures are out and they have also said that the Priv will feature Android Marshmallow. An hour later....nothing on Crackberry about the future of OS10. Nor the appearance of software 10.3.3. What is going on please?

Posted via CB10
    How many different ways do you need to be shown/told that BB10 is dead? I think that you will continue to hope that something will bring it back no matter what you see, read, or are told. SO, 2 new BB10 devices will be released 4th quarter of 2016 with an all new and updated version of BB10. The Android experiment will be tied off and recorded as a failure. The new devices will be top tier all touch devices with a minimum 8 core processor and 4 GB of on board ram. A curved screen, 30 MP rear camera and an industry leading 24 MP frt facing camera with built in optical zoom lens. replaceable batteries that will last a minimum of 3 days talk time and 7 days of standby time. BB has said they are setting their sights on building the next iPhone killer. The new devices will also feature total voice control to rival MS and Apple, App developers are already building apps for these new devices.
    04-02-16 01:22 AM
    How many different ways do you need to be shown/told that BB10 is dead? I think that you will continue to hope that something will bring it back no matter what you see, read, or are told. SO, 2 new BB10 devices will be released 4th quarter of 2016 with an all new and updated version of BB10. The Android experiment will be tied off and recorded as a failure. The new devices will be top tier all touch devices with a minimum 8 core processor and 4 GB of on board ram. A curved screen, 30 MP rear camera and an industry leading 24 MP frt facing camera with built in optical zoom lens. replaceable batteries that will last a minimum of 3 days talk time and 7 days of standby time. BB has said they are setting their sights on building the next iPhone killer. The new devices will also feature total voice control to rival MS and Apple, App developers are already building apps for these new devices.
    This fantasy build is about two years too late to stop people from jumping from BB to Apple and Androids. LOL Nice story tho!
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-02-16 08:14 AM
    show what OS10 has to offer over stagnant iOS and Android.
    Could you please explain how iOS and Android are stagnant, while BB10 isn't? Please keep in mind that words such as "stagnant" have real meanings.
    04-02-16 08:20 AM
    Could you please explain how iOS and Android are stagnant, while BB10 isn't? Please keep in mind that words such as "stagnant" have real meanings.
    I laughed very hard and now I will wear a silly grin for at least the rest of the morning.
    Thanks.
    04-02-16 08:35 AM
    My point about its and Android being "stagnant" was based on the fact that Apple introduced the iPhone in 2007. Since then it has remained largely unaltered. Still the same ecosystem with a few tweaks - think finger print recognition - who the hell wants that ( if you want to sell on your phone). What else has changed? They still limit you to no expandable memory, no replacement battery, no FM radio. I could go on about what it doesn't offer compared to much cheaper devices that offer much better specs for a fraction of what iphones and Samsung devices are priced at. Example - Moto 3G �159. Why buy an iPhone or
    Samsung 7 for 4 times the price? Are you getting 4 times the value? Get real!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 01:38 PM
    My point about its and Android being "stagnant" was based on the fact that Apple introduced the iPhone in 2007. Since then it has remained largely unaltered. Still the same ecosystem with a few tweaks - think finger print recognition - who the hell wants that ( if you want to sell on your phone). What else has changed? They still limit you to no expandable memory, no replacement battery, no FM radio. I could go on about what it doesn't offer compared to much cheaper devices that offer much better specs for a fraction of what iphones and Samsung devices are priced at. Example - Moto 3G �159. Why buy an iPhone or
    Samsung 7 for 4 times the price? Are you getting 4 times the value? Get real!!!
    Please stop.
    I can't breath.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-02-16 01:57 PM
    You do realize that someone on here will wind up believing you and posting this as fact sooner or later right?
    04-02-16 04:03 PM
    You do realize that someone on here will wind up believing you and posting this as fact sooner or later right?
    I'm hoping. LOL
    04-02-16 04:05 PM
    This fantasy build is about two years too late to stop people from jumping from BB to Apple and Androids. LOL Nice story tho!
    I kinda thought that the built in Optical zoom was a nice touch
    04-02-16 04:09 PM
    Please stop.
    I can't breath.
    Chen said Classic production has ended? Must mean Qualcomm finally ran out out of Snapdragon S4's.
    04-02-16 04:14 PM
    Bb10 is dead. We know it. It hurts. The question is what to do. Personally more than anything, BlackBerry itself has changed. It lost its 'research in motion' DNA that pertains to handsets. This is a shame, because only BlackBerry seemed to know what really productivity was about....well, in this area they could have done much better too. I mean, selling the Priv without a state of the art file manager is a bad sign! But what next? The Priv is a good phone. But not all of us want a slider. Nobody at BlackBerry seems to care about is full consumer base! It's no wonder there is a hardware problem!! Think about it. The simplist thing in the world should be to put Android on the Passport. Yet nothing!! BlackBerry has a good fan base but it is killing that too. It's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:20 AM
    People are basically asking "what is the future of the ship" whilst having to stand at an angle with wet feet and watching the life boats disappear over the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    This is great.
    04-05-16 05:18 PM
    Without apps OS10 is dead

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 11:13 PM
    Without apps OS10 is dead

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Also, there's a rumour that water is wet.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    xKingHopy and JeepBB like this.
    04-06-16 02:30 AM
    Bb10 is dead. We know it. It hurts. The question is what to do. Personally more than anything, BlackBerry itself has changed. It lost its 'research in motion' DNA that pertains to handsets. This is a shame, because only BlackBerry seemed to know what really productivity was about....well, in this area they could have done much better too. I mean, selling the Priv without a state of the art file manager is a bad sign! But what next? The Priv is a good phone. But not all of us want a slider. Nobody at BlackBerry seems to care about is full consumer base! It's no wonder there is a hardware problem!! Think about it. The simplist thing in the world should be to put Android on the Passport. Yet nothing!! BlackBerry has a good fan base but it is killing that too. It's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    Disagree, passport is such an awkward device. With the priv you get the pk market and those like myself who use it as an all touch device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    asublimeday likes this.
    04-06-16 03:20 AM
    Until and unless they advertise their products (BBOS 10 and BBM) they won't profit out these products and I believe slowly both will come to an end. I don't understand why they don't advertise BlackBerry products on TV and newspapers.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:14 AM
    BB10s future is in the Graveyard...
    You don't have Facebook, you won't be having whatsapp on it by the end of this year. Developers don't update the native apps which we have. So what do think? The answer is pretty obvious anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:15 PM
45 12