...and where are they come from?
    Are they betas?

I want to install some 10.2 leak, but I don't know witch one.

Are they stable and does it have bugs?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:44 PM
    The Berryleaks Team. That's all you need to know. Seriously, they're from BlackBerry.

Are they betas?
    Yes.

The latest (10.2.0.1725 at the time of this post) is always a good place to start.

Yes. And, yes. It's fine for some, bad for others, works great except for some things and those can vary depending on who you ask. And then there's always unadmitted user error being mistaken for bugs.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    09-15-13 04:53 PM
    Are they betas?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I say if you haven't read enough and have to ask I wouldn't touch. Just sayin

Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group!
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    09-15-13 04:55 PM

Yes. And, yes. It's fine for some, bad for others, works great except for some things and those can vary depending on who you ask. And then there's always unadmitted user error being mistaken for bugs.

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

It can't be stable AND have bugs - it's either stable or its not

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:57 PM
    Are they betas?

Posted via CB10
    The 10.2 leaks are beta as 10.2 is still in development, so several of the features have some bugs. Since 10.2 is getting close to release, 10.2.0.1725 is very close to complete.

Once 10.2 is released to the carriers, then the leaks somewhat turn into pre-releases. As they may be released by the carriers shortly after the leak, or they may not, but there's a much better chance that they'll be stable.

Where they come from... Blackberry. There's ultimately no way to modify what they develop, so we're just passing it on.
    LtHavoc21 likes this.
    09-15-13 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Every OS has bugs period

Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group!
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-15-13 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Every OS has bugs period

Via CB10 on Fresh and New 10.2.0.1725 --Proud Member of The Squircle of Trust Group![/QUOTE]

I'm taking about fundamental problems such as crashes, phone restarts, battery issues, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

They're stable, with bugs. Some are worse than others, and depending on who you ask they can be crap for one person and "flawless" to someone else.

That's software across the board.

My experience with leaks has been great thus far; few issues. My biggest one has been the inability to get Candy Crush working on .1725.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-15-13 05:07 PM
    Are they betas?

Posted via CB10
    I exclusively use "leaks"....always have and always will as long as one is available. I focus on the latest available "leak" which is .1725 and enjoying it. As far as stable? The main thread has answered questions about this leak. But, I'm sure you will see more threads reposting more of the same. I'm not having any major issues. IMO, if I don't drop phone calls, receive email/ text work, browser works, and no dropped signals or reboots, I can live with whatever else. Try it. You can always downgrade.
    go1ndr, Mecca EL, Pdinos3 and 1 others like this.
    09-15-13 05:11 PM
    Give it a shot!! You'll have fun! Installing leaks are fun

Posted via CB10
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    09-15-13 05:35 PM
    Take a look at this page. Frequently Asked Questions - BerryLeaks Wiki
    Straight from the horse's....
    mouth.
    pili4 likes this.
    09-15-13 06:02 PM
    I have a blog post on this that'll go live monday
    MikeFromCanada likes this.
    09-15-13 06:42 PM
    I suggest strongly that you download the BL10 app from app world as the team offers plenty of information and procedural documentation on installing leaks. I also suggest reading deep into several leak threads so that you will not have too many questions. Knowledge is power and short cuts are not an option for your first leak install. Enjoy

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1725
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    09-15-13 07:09 PM
    My first leak was 10.2.0.1047 and I have yet to have a serious issue. Found a few bugs but none that were serious.

Learn to back up your phone data THEN side load a leak of your choice.

10.2.0.1047 leak with the addition of the unlocked android run time is running exceptionally well for me. DL'ed most of the updates as well but have yet to install because .1047 is solid.
    09-15-13 07:39 PM
    I think I'm gonna wait till offical version come out

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    09-16-13 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Leaks are honestly the same as "official", they just haven't been released by carriers yet. Think it was Blacklatino that said he's been running leak forever. I have too and have never regretted it. Most of the really stable leaks turn into "official" releases somewhere in the world, by some carrier. Hybrids are even better but that is another subject. In the Legacy days, leaks were out all the time and the same questions were asked then--with the same comments like "its a leak, it's not official" and the same answers were provided--"a leak is the same as official, just not released yet.Blackberry has signed off on them or the testers wouldn't have them.
    The difference in a leak build is what model of device it is for--hence the 10.2.xxx released for SQN-100.xxx meaning its for a Q not a Z. Lastly IMO, bugs are good things as long as they are minor bugs, because that is how through testing you end up with really stable OS's like .1323 for example. Last year on the 7.1 devices, we had a period of leak releases where the phone wouldn't work in some geographical areas. It was because of the continued leaks and the testers (most of the same people on your Berryleaks Team now) that the problem was eventually found and corrected in a future leak--i.e.the reason for leaks!
    No reason to wait. Install and enjoy and if you aren't happy hook it up to Link and retore the old "official" OS. It's all good thanks to the BerryLeaks Team!
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
    09-16-13 07:38 PM
    My blog article is up

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-16-13 08:07 PM
    My blog article is up

Posted via CB10
    Just had a chance to check it out! PERFECT, NEEDED and WELL WRITTEN! Man it is long overdue and so needed, and will hopefully answer so many questions for people trying to understand leaks. Wish I would have seen it come up first as I wouldn't have posted the above. Thanks!
    slotime likes this.
    09-16-13 08:24 PM
    Just had a chance to check it out! PERFECT, NEEDED and WELL WRITTEN! Man it is long overdue and so needed, and will hopefully answer so many questions for people trying to understand leaks. Wish I would have seen it come up first as I wouldn't have posted the above. Thanks!
    My goal with my posts are going to hit the "technical" side of things

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and go1ndr like this.
    09-16-13 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just to add... even official releases have bugs. Just think of the initial official MR releases and all the deleted SMS complaints soon after.

I went for the last leaked 10.1 that is newer than any official 10.1 build out there so far (I loaded .4828), and it's been mostly fine, and I didn't lose my SMS messages.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:41 PM
    It should be added that a lot of the issues people have with Leaks are due to the fact that they insist on doing a restore.

I understand why they do it, but once you get used to setting up your device from scratch then it's as quick if not quicker than a full restore. (I don't mind losing game progress and have all data saved to my SD card)

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:09 AM
    It should be added that a lot of the issues people have with Leaks are due to the fact that they insist on doing a restore.

I understand why they do it, but once you get used to setting up your device from scratch then it's as quick if not quicker than a full restore. (I don't mind losing game progress and have all data saved to my SD card)

Posted via CB10
    What data do you save on your SD card? I only restore settings and have never had an issue. I was told by the powers that be when I first moved to BlackBerry 10 NOT to restore AppData and had no reason to restore media as it was on my SD card anyway, but I've always restored settings. I agree with you that once you get used to setting the device back up, it's a walk in the park. I'm not really sure what's in settings but would like to know.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:48 AM
    I don't restore at all. I backup my phone numbers thru my carrier. Other than that, no concerns- especially about restoring apps. Half of the apps I have loaded, I "never" use on a consistent basis anyway. But, I'll sideload them then......never use them.
    09-17-13 10:17 AM
    I don't restore at all. I backup my phone numbers thru my carrier. Other than that, no concerns- especially about restoring apps. Half of the apps I have loaded, I "never" use on a consistent basis anyway. But, I'll sideload them then......never use them.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I can't count how many times I've been looking through a folder of allegedly "rarely used" apps and found things I had forgotten I even installed - and which I have never, ever used. Vine comes to mind. As does Instagram. Proof of concept, I suppose. I really should just delete that junk.
    09-17-13 10:29 AM
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I can't count how many times I've been looking through a folder of allegedly "rarely used" apps and found things I had forgotten I even installed - and which I have never, ever used. Vine comes to mind. As does Instagram. Proof of concept, I suppose. I really should just delete that junk.
    Wu-Wei /Blacklatino:
    What exactly is in settings anyway? A mutual friend of ours told me sometime ago that restoring settings (and media if desired) was ok-just not appdata! What all is in settings? Someone said contacts but due to how it populates, it would seem that contacts (outlook 2007 not web-based like outlook.com or gmail) are in the BlackBerry Cloud?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:36 AM
40 12