So, I'm a little confused about all of the ...um... confusion over email and calendar syncing issues with BB10. Gmail, for instance, seems to have issues.

At the moment, I'm Mr. Google. However, I would be happy to convert to another system entirely if it will play nicely with the new BB10.

So, if I were to start all over again, what is the best cloud email and calendar for BB10?
    (I want two way syncing on the calendar...for sure!)

Thanks
    03-26-13 06:55 PM
    Outlook.com seems to be the best free solution out there. It uses ActiveSync rather than IMAP and CalDAV. Certainly hasn't let me down so far, and a lot of other users are happy with it as well.
    EarthyBerry likes this.
    03-26-13 06:57 PM
    My personal email is with Fastmail, while my burner email is on Hotmail. I never really signed on to this whole Gmail thing.

The automatic configuration for both of them works fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:08 PM
    On my Z10, Gmail syncing is flawless for me. I use multiple google calendars which all sync two-way as well. My Google contacts also sync with no problems either.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with my experience.
    03-26-13 07:09 PM
    So, with your gmail syncing, did you have to do something special as you set up your sync?....or is it all set right out of the box?

I'm already getting my rather unused "live" account ready for use just in case I need to make that move away from Google. Is "live" as good as the "outlook.com" thing?
    03-26-13 07:27 PM
    Outlook.com seems to be the best free solution out there. It uses ActiveSync rather than IMAP and CalDAV. Certainly hasn't let me down so far, and a lot of other users are happy with it as well.
    If you are using Outlook (any year--say 2007), as your main calendar/contact list/email on your desktop, there is no way to sync to either outlook.com or google that I can find. Believe me I've searched as I have many devices that I want in sync.

I found all this out when I purchased a Kindle Fire HD and didn't want my business outlook 2007 emails on it as they were coming into 3 devices already. I added an outlook.com address to my tablet for ordering stuff, etc nothing else, but soon realized that I still needed my contact list an calendar when using it. That said, when I started the search for what to do, I was nearly worn out by the work involved! Here's what I found and though it may not apply to everyone on this thread, it may be of help to some.

The ONLY negative about outlook.com is that if, your main calendar and contact list is on Outlook (2003/2007/2010) Outlook.com won't sync with a regular local Outlook calendar and contacts. For your contacts, you have to first export your outlook (2007 in my case) .csv contact files to your device or flash drive and then import them into outlook.com contact list (actually Hotmail or Live.com--all the same) but there is no syncing from there on out. One program does not sync with the other--strange as that may seem--save putting the "Outlook Connector" on your desktop-and that is not a good idea believe me.

Same with your Caledar but forget outlook.com, it's too hard to do so I had to add a google calendar to my tablet and export the .csv calendar files from my desktop Outlook 2007 to the google calendar. That would be ok but Google quit supporting Outook in Jan/2013 so now there is no way to continue to sync it unless you were using it prior to Jan. Kind of sucks no matter which BB you are on.

But as for a stand alone website email client, outlook.com seems to work very well, as does gmail/google. Anyway in case anyone is thinking about moving contacts and events from a stand alone Outlook program to outlook.com, be aware and good luck--and if anyone discovers a work-around, please post it. Thanks!
    03-26-13 07:29 PM
    Well, gee... if gmail and it's calendar work perfectly, I'm all set for BB10.

Just thought there were issues with it and BB10. (too lazy to go find the "gmail sync problems!" threads)
    03-26-13 08:23 PM
    I switched from Google to outlook.com

Tired of google's "laisser fair" attitude.

Both Google and outlook.com worked ok. Outlook.com being a better experience for me. Nice features Google doesn't have, decent calendar.
    03-26-13 09:10 PM
    I had an issue getting the Google calendar sync set up initially, but once the 10.0.10.85 update came out, I was able to get everything set up properly and has worked ever since. It might make sense to make sure you are on the latest update before setting things up.
    03-26-13 10:10 PM
    Very cool to know.

With previous blackberries, I have had occasional situations in which my calendar would no longer sync.... creating embarrassing disasters at work. It only happened a few times, but after the second one, it got so that I felt I could never trust it.

I've been wanting to un-google myself anyway.

I'll give both a shot.

First, I'll need to get the darn phone. If the BB10 system wasn't going to be sync worthy for cloud email/calendar, I was going to get either a Windows phone or Android.... looks like I won't need to worry about that.
    03-27-13 07:02 AM
    Haven't had any issues with Google email calendar or contacts. Every thing seems to be synced in real time.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:10 AM
    StickiGreen,..... your signature indicates that you are a Bold 9900 user. I'm asking specifically about the functionality of BB10 with Gmail/Calendar (or other, more compatible, cloud system).
    03-27-13 07:29 AM
    So, with your gmail syncing, did you have to do something special as you set up your sync?....or is it all set right out of the box?

I'm already getting my rather unused "live" account ready for use just in case I need to make that move away from Google. Is "live" as good as the "outlook.com" thing?
    I just set it up as a normal email account, no special settings required. For the calendar, I don't think there are any push settings regarding updating changes made from the web. You're limited to set intervals or pressing refresh in the Calendar app. Mail seems to come in very quickly as well, but I rarely access my account through the web anymore so I can't be 100% sure it's push.

I think all previous MS passport type accounts (Hotmail, Live, etc.) got merged in with outlook.com so they'd all be on the same service.
    03-27-13 10:36 AM
    Bumping this up.

I've always used iCloud for my calendar because it worked flawlessly between my iphone, ipad and macbook. But now I've replaced the iphone with a q10, so I set up caldev for the calendar. It did work at first, but after a couple days completely quit syncing. I have events on my BB that don't show up on the laptop/ipad, and events on the mac devices that don't show up on the BB. So what's the best option now that its been out a while? I'm mostly concerned with cross-platform reliability, which icloud simply doesn't support.
    05-13-13 07:48 PM