Maybe I'm a dummy, but what was the big Monday surprise Kevin was talking about? Am I overlooking something...?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 08:07 PM
    03-11-13 08:09 PM
    I'm guessing this "CrackBerry HQ is moving to New York City!"

doh! Beat me to it. Glad I was correct. :-)
    03-11-13 08:10 PM
    Where is it now and why not Toronto come to Canada where blackberry is?
    meganVee and R Field like this.
    03-11-13 08:13 PM
    Much like they set up shop in Toronto for the BlackBerry 10 and Z10 launch during late January and most of February, from what I understand from the article they are just setting up temporary shop in NYC for the US Z10 launch during March and April before heading down to Orlando I believe in May for the BlackBerry Live conference. After that...who knows lol

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    03-11-13 08:37 PM
    Oh... I guess that's mind... blow... no, nope. Nope its not... in fact why would headquarters not be based in the country from which blackberry was created owned and operated...

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 08:37 PM
    Nothing that a normal blackberry user would actually care about since it has nothing to do with us ect...
    03-11-13 08:41 PM
    I think its a perm move... Also Blaze released the Netflix bar they have been using... That's pretty much it.... That along with the ATT announcement and T-Mo B2B orders... Today was a good day in BB World
    billsterjito and R Field like this.
    03-11-13 10:53 PM
    I'm all for it (mostly bc I live here) but also there are a lot of huge media/news outlets baed here. Plus, we Americans are notorious loud mouths so maybe CB can use that to help broadcast some BlackBerry praise through the media.

Also I'm excited for some meetups/etc. I already PMed Kevin. He's gotta use his soon to be NYC connections!
    03-11-13 10:58 PM
    Oh... I guess that's mind... blow... no, nope. Nope its not... in fact why would headquarters not be based in the country from which blackberry was created owned and operated...
    They already spent thousands relocating to Toronto for the Jan 30th launch to bring us closer to the action, and now they're doing it again for the US launch. What more do you want from them?
    03-11-13 11:36 PM
    My bad... Its not perm...... For the U.S. Launch and BB Live following in Orlando
    03-12-13 12:24 AM
    And here I am thinking it was the Netflix sideload blog. Lol...
    03-12-13 01:02 AM
    This is what CrackBerry calls a surprise? Man, I read that other thread about amazing apps coming our way (yes, I ended up getting a Z10, love it which there was more DEDICATED APPS, im not sideloading anything), or something else mind blowing.

Man I think we need an app to define what a surprise is. A real surprise is when Miami brought the three Kings to South beach. Lebron James, Chris Bosh and Wade. This is nothing compared to the surprise of 2010.
    Like how does this surprise effect the average bb user?
    03-12-13 05:34 AM
    I think everyone assumed that is was going to be something important....maybe an app release, a price drop, some fantastic software update... A new model phone.

No, it"s a relocation of office staff.

McDonalds is frigging huge, and if they relocated, it STILL wouldn't be news worth reporting. Means nothing.

Website staff? Really ? Way to dangle the carrot for a selection of people who'd cling to a dying brand of smartphone, regardless of the monumental overtaking from just about everyone else in the tech stakes.
    03-12-13 07:08 AM
    Meh give it a rest I say. Let them have some fun. We don't know what's been going on in the background either. Maybe the staff being able to get away to NYC and stay there for an extended time is mind blowing for them. I know if my boss told me I was going to be working out of NYC for an extended amount of time my mind would be totally blown.

By the way, some of you do understand that this site isn't owned by BlackBerry right?
    03-12-13 07:46 AM
    They already spent thousands relocating to Toronto for the Jan 30th launch to bring us closer to the action, and now they're doing it again for the US launch. What more do you want from them?
    And the TO experience was a complete bust. The BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event was a yawn-fest with Kevin getting his ponytail cut-off and not much else. CrackBerry Kevin even expressed disappointment about the fiasco.
    03-12-13 08:44 AM
    Maybe I'm a dummy, but what was the big Monday surprise Kevin was talking about? Am I overlooking something...?

Posted via CB10
    The cheap shots continue, surely you've had to stumble across the main blog post. It was blogged 3 hours before your thread yesterday. And you have the CB10 app!?

Kinda hard to miss all the other post about the announcement being a let down. Now to pacify all the whiners you get a stab at a new Z10. but I'm sure you didn't miss that post.

Oh to answer your question it's the former.
    03-12-13 09:08 AM
    Colour me disappointed. I actually had my hopes up that the news was indeed going to blow my mind.
    Whilst I like to see Crackberry do well, this news is not exactly blowing my mind.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:18 AM
    Netflix bar file!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:13 AM
    The cheap shots continue, surely you've had to stumble across the main blog post. It was blogged 3 hours before your thread yesterday. And you have the CB10 app!?

Kinda hard to miss all the other post about the announcement being a let down. Now to pacify all the whiners you get a stab at a new Z10. but I'm sure you didn't miss that post.

Oh to answer your question it's the former.
    And, as is usual for this site, overhyped and underdelivered. Just like everything else.
    03-12-13 10:17 AM
    And, as is usual for this site, overhyped and underdelivered. Just like everything else.
    Yet, here you are...
    03-12-13 10:20 AM
    And I even have a Zeee10 that I use. Imagine that. And a 64GB PlayBook gathering dust.
    Yes, I am here because I find it enjoyable to watch people get all riled up for a MIND BLOWING event which never materializes.
    03-12-13 10:22 AM
    This is the problem when you hype anything.... you increase expectations.... rarely are these expectations ever met... it becomes overhyped.... you then have unhappy members..... this is one of my issues with RIM before the leadership change...... The good folks who run this site should relook at promising surprises.... for what is a mind blowing surprise for the staff of Crackberry may not be for many others..... one of the downfalls of hyping anything is you can never manage expectations.....
    03-12-13 10:34 AM
    The let down is something blackberry users know all too well, the crackberry staff should be aware of this more than anyone.
    03-12-13 03:12 PM