I hope they start adding bb10 features through this year to the point where the priv basically works like bb10. Fix the hub, compose within, stuff like that. Maybe even the swiping up can be built into the launcher?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    blackmass likes this.
    01-10-16 01:20 PM
    You might re-read that post. No one said there isn't inventory, quite the reverse.

Posted via CB10
    You might want to re-read my post and the one I quoted which said:
    ...no one in the niche market is buying.
    If they aren't buying, the amount of inventory is moot and leaves open for discussion where these enterprises are getting the devices they are distributin. Apparently I'm not the only one who is chanlleged by satire.
    01-10-16 02:57 PM
    Not in adequate numbers to keep it alive

Posted via CB10
    That is your opinion. Do you have any evidence to back it up? I suspect you, like me, have no idea what adequate numbers might be under the conditions to keep BB10 going for the market who would also be installing BES systems.

Yet another point that is continuously brought up is why hasn't BlackBerry just come out and announced the end of BB10. I don't buy the idea that they are just trying to sell off remaindered stock. This is a consumer centric view, and at the risk of repeating myself BlackBerry left courting consumers to BB10 behind quite some time ago. It might work in the consumer market, if you plan on not selling any more devices, including the Priv, it is just not a wise proposition if you are talking about governments and security concious enterprise. They usually have minimum support period requirements before they will sign a contract. I don't beleive that keeping quiet about the end until they can sell all the remaing stock, especially to contracts and carriers, with the plan to drop everyone when the last device goes out the door is a financially a better proposition than writing the inventory down as a loss.
    01-10-16 03:15 PM
    They are coming from inventory that exits because production runs haven't sold.
    01-10-16 03:25 PM
    It's really anybody's guess how much inventory of BB10 devices remains. IMHO there are no HUGE stocks of Passport or Classic devices just because of the way that Chen has been controlling the inventory runs. No one knows the size of those runs (except of course BB) but BB has been running a pretty tight ship for the last 1.5--2 years and I cannot see a huge inventory laying around.
    01-10-16 04:52 PM
    But then JC states bb10 updates will come especially some security protocol so the big clients (all dozen of them) won't balk & run... is schizophrenia a good management plan?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 04:56 PM
    But then JC states bb10 updates will come especially some security protocol so the big clients (all dozen of them) won't balk & run... is schizophrenia a good management plan?

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was more of a Tourette's management style he was going for...
    01-10-16 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    If any of their clients had any sense they'd know that BB10 is being discontinued. That's why, Chen needs to show his 'commitment' with actions, not just the official propaganda about their support for BB10.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    01-10-16 07:12 PM
    They will continue to support BB10 for years. There's no doubt, but we're off topic.

There will not be a new BB10 phone. For those of us who love the OS it's a sad truth, but there's not a dang thing we can do about it, 'cept to enjoy what we have, for as long as we are willing or required.
    01-10-16 07:27 PM
    To anybody: Alfa Romeos are just like a BlackBerry 10 operating smartphones: exclusive cars whose brand need to be preserved. As a matter of fact, while FCA is launching a new rear-traction alfa (it will also distributed in US & Canada), BlackBerry is about to dismiss its best-operating OS... from a person owning a Z30 and an alfa romeo...

Posted via CB10
    Actually, BB10 is more like a Saab. And if you wanna compare it to a sports car brand, then it's closer to Spyker than Alfa since Alfa actually does sell a lot of some of its models (currently, mostly the Mito) here in Europe, unlike Spyker (and BB).
    But still, Saab comes closer to BB10.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 01-12-16 at 12:35 AM.
    01-11-16 12:40 AM
    I've had my Z30 for just over a year and will hold on to it for another year or so. Then I'll decide what to get if no new BlackBerry 10 phones come (all touch, don't need a keyboard). I got my Z30 for BB10, NOT Android. If I wanted Android, I would have purchased an Android phone. If I switch to android, it probably won't be blackberry but a phone with better specs than the Priv and probably cheaper. Plus the size is a little too big for my liking. The Z30 is the perfect size. I'll do what will be slight incremental updates to the OS in 2016 that Chen said were coming out, but probably by 2017 all BB10 work will stop and if the Priv doesn't sell in the numbers he wants, probably the hardware division will cease.

Z30-STA100-5 (T-Mo)-SR 10.3.2.2836 / OS 10.3.2.2876
    Last edited by markf; 01-11-16 at 12:52 PM.
    01-11-16 12:27 PM
    I would never insult my tourette afflicted friends by such an association...

I thought it was more of a Tourette's management style he was going for...
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-11-16 01:49 PM
    JC protects his golden parachute... nothing more...

If any of their clients had any sense they'd know that BB10 is being discontinued. That's why, Chen needs to show his 'commitment' with actions, not just the official propaganda about their support for BB10.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2813/SR .2530  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    01-11-16 01:52 PM
    At this point the only thing that would save bb10 is for Apple to buy out BlackBerry, fire chen and tell the apple developers that no app would be allowed in the app store if they don't have a corresponding bb10 app also. Apple could go fully secure for the enterprise.
    01-12-16 08:11 PM
    At this point the only thing that would save bb10 is for Apple to buy out BlackBerry, fire chen and tell the apple developers that no app would be allowed in the app store if they don't have a corresponding bb10 app also. Apple could go fully secure for the enterprise.
    Why should apple bother. They are already doing very well in enterprise. Plus it would hurt them a lot with their app developers.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    01-12-16 09:37 PM
    BB10 isn't doing very well in enterprise either. He said the Priv is to help their end to end business.

Posted via CB10
    Even if Blackberry 10 phones aren't being sold to entreprises, there should be a large amount of them already deployed/in use. He can't just end support for them. Besides upgrading everyone in a company to a Priv doesn't really sound cost efficient, since their BB10/BB0S7 phones are still getting the job done.

So its a waiting game, Android can make money now, and when there is enough capital, Chen can decide whether they can produce another Blackberry 10 phone for the faithful.

Just my 2 cents.
    01-13-16 12:12 PM
    Look at the latest bb10 update that broke android apk uninstall , some say OTG too... they have already ended support IMHO & the actions of JC && minions is to corral funds for the golden parachute... I cannot believe there are not regulatory agencies that protect shareholders of public traded entities from this kind of folderol !!

Even if Blackberry 10 phones aren't being sold to entreprises, there should be a large amount of them already deployed/in use. He can't just end support for them. Besides upgrading everyone in a company to a Priv doesn't really sound cost efficient, since their BB10/BB0S7 phones are still getting the job done.

So its a waiting game, Android can make money now, and when there is enough capital, Chen can decide whether they can produce another Blackberry 10 phone for the faithful.

Just my 2 cents.
    01-13-16 12:22 PM
    This is the problem with 5 year plans.

Governments have 4/5 year plans aswell and they are not renowned for providing much in the way of long term benefit!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 06:33 PM
68 123