John Chen has said that BlackBerry is going to focus on Android only in 2016.

BlackBerry only has eyes for Android in 2016, says CEO Chen | Digital Trends

BlackBerry forever, Android junk never
    01-08-16 10:04 AM
    I understand why he went with android only for 2016. Blackberry 10 just can't compete with the likes of android and ios. It is now only for a niche market of government, entreprise, and consumers who still choose blackberry 10.

Chen also mentioned that he does want to release another blackberry 10 phone in the future, but that he first wants to see if android blackberries can increase the hardware business.

(I choose blackberry 10 over everything)

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    01-08-16 10:09 AM
    I understand why he went with android only for 2016. Blackberry 10 just can't compete with the likes of android and ios. It is now only for a niche market of government, entreprise, and consumers who still choose blackberry 10.

Chen also mentioned that he does want to release another blackberry 10 phone in the future, but that he first wants to see if android blackberries can increase the hardware business.

(I choose blackberry 10 over everything)

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    BB10 isn't doing very well in enterprise either. He said the Priv is to help their end to end business.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 10:38 AM
    BB10 is DONE! FINISHED!

CONSUMERS DON'T WANT IT.

GET OVER IT !

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 10:52 AM
    Let's hope this also means they will offer the ability to put Android onto passport rather than abandoning it completely...
    blackmass likes this.
    01-08-16 10:57 AM
    Let's hope not. Android is awful unsecure and inconsistent.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 06:57 PM
    If you don't want to chat or go over facebook, BlackBerry 10 is the right choice!!!!

Posted via CB10
    blackmass likes this.
    01-09-16 08:51 AM
    If you don't want to chat or go over facebook, BlackBerry 10 is the right choice!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Heh, Facebook messenger, which I don't use by the way, just passed 800,000,000 downloads. I'm not sure BlackBerry wants to advertise around not wanting Facebook.

BlackBerry 10 also has huge limitations for business use such as travel and document prep.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:04 AM
    BB10 is DONE! FINISHED!

CONSUMERS DON'T WANT IT.

GET OVER IT !

Posted via CB10
    Wow, thank you for the clarification. I did not know this was happening. However, now that you put it in simple words and with such emphasis, I get it.

ROFL
    traprjohn likes this.
    01-09-16 10:13 AM
    well if there is official no new BB-OS10 device comming out "this year"... gives us time to stock pile Passport and Classic devices as replacement for our old well used and trusted BB-OS10 devices.

as far this touches me... well I'm entitled for four new devices this year!
    Guess what I'm going to do...
    February I will get a Passport, in April I will get a 3rd Classic (not even open the box) just stock piling, than in September I'm may going to get a 2nd Passport (not open the box) just stock piling, last in Oktober I may hold back for the new Classic-II to be released or may any other BB-OS10 device that eventually seeing the light surprisingly later on at the end of the year.
    At least I will have quite enough devices for spare in case any battery of my existing Classic may give up.

The other option I may consider ist to get a PRIV (not open the box) and trade it in for two Passport devices... for anyone who desperately wont a PRIV but can't source one anywhere around, her is the deal:
    Get me two brand new Passport devices and I will trade in for the PRIV I'm able to get mid February.
    And if that works out well I may consider to do the same in April,, get me two brand new Classic's and I will trade in a PRIV which I'm able to get at that stage too.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    01-09-16 10:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I chat over Facebook using the BlackBerry BB10 Facebook application all the time. In fact unless I happen to be sitting at my PC when a message comes in that's all I ever use.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    ALToronto likes this.
    01-09-16 10:46 AM
    4.4 or 5.0 Android runtime? Yeah right when PlayBook gets OS 10.2. Heins, Chen, there is no difference in promising something and then breaking it.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    01-09-16 10:47 AM
    4.4 or 5.0 Android runtime? Yeah right when PlayBook gets OS 10.2. Heins, Chen, there is no difference in promising something and then breaking it.
    They have already officially announced there are no plans to increase the version of the Android runtime.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-09-16 10:50 AM
    They have already officially announced there are no plans to increase the version of the Android runtime.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I was being sarcastic, by mentioning the never released PlayBook OS10 update. Fact is that tablet would be better of open sourced. Who the hell still uses the tablet to care for the security? Don't get me wrong, there are devices that are doing what they were made for to this day, but PlayBook had some essential flaws and still has them.
    01-09-16 10:53 AM
    How could this be an official no other BlackBerry 10 handset in 2016?
    Did you read this in the article : "The CEO declined to go into details about the new devices, and refused to offer any dates for when they might hit the market." ?
    Who wrote the article was speculated that BlackBerry will focus only on Android, but John Chen didn't say that.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 11:54 AM
    How could this be an official no other BlackBerry 10 handset in 2016?
    Did you read this in the article : "The CEO declined to go into details about the new devices, and refused to offer any dates for when they might hit the market." ?
    Who wrote the article was speculated that BlackBerry will focus only on Android, but John Chen didn't say that.

Posted via CB10
    Chen said one or maybe 2 devices in 2016 and both would be Android.
    01-09-16 12:04 PM
    I was being sarcastic, by mentioning the never released PlayBook OS10 update. Fact is that tablet would be better of open sourced. Who the hell still uses the tablet to care for the security? Don't get me wrong, there are devices that are doing what they were made for to this day, but PlayBook had some essential flaws and still has them.
    I sill use mine that I got at the DevCon in SF when they gave them away. It still does things I can't do with my iPad.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-09-16 12:07 PM
    Chen said one or maybe 2 devices in 2016 and both would be Android.
    I didn't see that in the article. Can you post that phrase, maybe I couldn't see it because I read it in a hurry?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 12:38 PM
    BB10 is DONE! FINISHED!

CONSUMERS DON'T WANT IT.

GET OVER IT !

Posted via CB10
    I am a consumer and I want it. We are just a few, but there are millions of consumers that don't know what BlackBerry 10 can offer.

Posted via CB10
    Anshul_J and blackmass like this.
    01-09-16 12:40 PM
    Link to the source where Chen promises updating the Android Runtime to 4.4 and/or 5.0 please; because as far as I remember, he promised no such thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 01:16 PM
    BB10 is DONE! FINISHED!

CONSUMERS DON'T WANT IT.

GET OVER IT !

Posted via CB10
    Beat it

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 02:08 PM
    Link to the source where Chen promises updating the Android Runtime to 4.4 and/or 5.0 please; because as far as I remember, he promised no such thing.

Posted via CB10
    Their promise on "supporting the BlackBerry 10" may be just a minor patch on unrelated security issues not on adding new features. I have to clarify, I said the chance of getting 4.4. or 5.0 is so slim like back then when Heins promised PlayBook OS 10. What I meant is that their "commitment' is just to minor bug fixing and getting out security patches. They should've just come out and said that the BB10 is in Maintenance Mode.
    01-09-16 06:18 PM
    Their promise on "supporting the BlackBerry 10" may be just a minor patch on unrelated security issues not on adding new features. I have to clarify, I said the chance of getting 4.4. or 5.0 is so slim like back then when Heins promised PlayBook OS 10. What I meant is that their "commitment' is just to minor bug fixing and getting out security patches. They should've just come out and said that the BB10 is in Maintenance Mode.
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-o...sed-march-2016

...BlackBerry 10 operating system and is confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in March 2016.
    If and when BlackBerry fails to come through with platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements in 10.3.3 feel free to equate that to the PlayBook BB10 promise. In the meantime you just look ridiculous and petty.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-09-16 06:40 PM
    well if there is official no new BB-OS10 device comming out "this year"... gives us time to stock pile Passport and Classic devices as replacement for our old well used and trusted BB-OS10 devices.

as far this touches me... well I'm entitled for four new devices this year!
    Guess what I'm going to do...
    February I will get a Passport, in April I will get a 3rd Classic (not even open the box) just stock piling, than in September I'm may going to get a 2nd Passport (not open the box) just stock piling, last in Oktober I may hold back for the new Classic-II to be released or may any other BB-OS10 device that eventually seeing the light surprisingly later on at the end of the year.
    At least I will have quite enough devices for spare in case any battery of my existing Classic may give up.

The other option I may consider ist to get a PRIV (not open the box) and trade it in for two Passport devices... for anyone who desperately wont a PRIV but can't source one anywhere around, her is the deal:
    Get me two brand new Passport devices and I will trade in for the PRIV I'm able to get mid February.
    And if that works out well I may consider to do the same in April,, get me two brand new Classic's and I will trade in a PRIV which I'm able to get at that stage too.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    Do you have a stockpile of Yugo's as well? LOL
    01-09-16 11:25 PM
    Sony is finally killing Betamax | The Verge

I wonder how many decades the faithful held out hope Sony would produce a new deck...

"But they still support the format!"
    01-09-16 11:54 PM
68 123