It's been a long time coming but I'm afraid we've reached a parting of the ways. I should have seen the writing on the wall with my PlayBook, but I hung in there and bought the Z10 then the Z30 after having a Storm a Torch a Bold and then another Storm. I've liked them all and will really miss OS10 - I still use a Torch, but I'm not so sad to see that go!

Maybe i'll be back - I'm not a Phonedemenatlist like many, I'm trying Android next - I know, all my friends have had their identities cloned, their credit cards hacked and Google owns their asses, though strangely enough they all seem pretty happy and normal to me. Maybe only Phonedemenatlists can see the true damage Android has wreaked on their lives, maybe i'll find out when I meet my clone, or find I've just bought a yacht on my credit card and the Phonedemenatlists will be able to scream 'told you so '

But to be honest I've spent 18 hours at gun point at a border crossing once with my embassy saying you're on your own so I'm not overly worried by the Phonedemenatlist rantings. Most of the world uses android and it's not raining cats and dogs with the four horsemen of the apocalypse charging by outside so let's see how that goes. I'd probably have opted for a windows phone next but that app gap killed BlackBerry and I'm not going down that road again so soon. Maybe I'll try them next.

But why leave us (or perhaps sod off!) cries the loyal BlackBerry fans? We've got the best OS going etc etc. I'm no expert but I'd be surprised if there weren't Android / Apple and MS Phonedementalists out there who'd disagree. That's the trouble with them, they're always right and everyone else is always wrong. And besides, having the best OS doesn't guarantee you squat. Just ask Video 2000 (which most of you won't have heard of) which was even better than Betamax (which some of you will) both of whom lost out to the inferior VHS. And I'm sure there's many other examples too.

So why am I leaving? It's because my phone has become the Morris Minor (the British police cars in Minions) of communications. I've had loads, really like them, they were great in their day ("0-60 in 58 seconds!" ran the adverts) , but like my moggies, I seem to spend ages trying to make them work properly, or finding a way round some issue (a blanket for the winter, a hammer for the starter motor jamming). We've lost Facebook - I know guys! Being watched, everything recorded, sold our souls to the evil whoever but I don't really care too much, I like seeing pictures of my friends and family and what they're up to. They make me smile and laugh. Of course I could just boycott it and be grumpy and demand they all just send me emails of the pictures instead cos that worked out so well getting them all to switch from WA to BBM didn't it? Or I could use Face10. Done that, bought it, like it, but I can't get it to work properly, it doesn't notify me of anything, ever. Now had this been the only issue I'd wait for an update to fix this - I think the app is really very good and the developer deserves success, but of course we lose (or maybe don't lose) WA at the end of the year too, after having lost the guardian Newpaper app recently. And My Google maps doesn't work anymore, I can't get my cycle app to show contour lines, something cyclist are quite keen on seeing on maps. Docs to go has serious bugs in the spreadsheet that really affect my spreadsheets - reported on my z10 and still there and unlikely to go away so I've not got confidence that my other important apps will stay working either and as I spent a lot of time not just looking down the barrel of a gun at a border point but actually visiting different countries I want a phone I can rely on and will work properly everywhere, all the time and I no longer think that's BlackBerry - sadly.

Where's your loyalty they cry? Now I'm a very loyal guy, but only to human beings, not multinational corporations. Their aim is to make a profit (which is fine and dandy) and if that mean being nice to me they will, but if it means stitching me up and hanging me out to dry they will do that just as quickly. I'm no more loyal to a multinational than I am to a lamppost. I'll treat them the way they treat me.

So I'll be very sad to say goodbye to my z30 but I'm quite excited to think i'll have a phone that works and won't suddenly find that this app no longer works just as I need it. I wish that phone was my z30, but it's not and it's clear from JC that it never will be.

Having really liked the hub and keyboard I'd have liked to have gone for a Priv, but that's silly money BlackBerry. I'd also have happily paid for the hub and keyboard apps - I'd happily pay �10 each for them, but it seems BlackBerry whilst trying to monetise the life out of BBM which no one wants haven't seem that many many android users won't want to pay Priv prices but some would be happy to buy the hub / keyboard app. And perhaps some of these would then later upgrade to a full BlackBerry Android phone due to their experience. Maybe I will too when the priv drops in price or the new mid range droids come out, But whilst I can buy two LG G4's for the same price as one priv it's a no brainer to me. So, I'd like to thank all the people who worked on BlackBerry staff over the years and the crackberry team too and wish them well in the future, but I'm reluctantly and sadly signing off now, who knows,.maybe i'll hate it and be back in 6 months...

Posted via CB10
    Polt, rusty502, p1800nut and 9 others like this.
    04-12-16 03:43 PM
    Peace out, thanks for hanging out.
    04-12-16 03:55 PM
    I hear ya and I also have a box full of old BlackBerries. While Android is not BlackBerry, I've had the GS6 Edge+ since it was released last year. Not a bad phone. I still use my old faithful (Z30) for an occasional forum post. Looking forward to Marshmallow OS update. By then, I might have a Priv. Anyway, good Luck.
    04-12-16 04:05 PM
    Like the destruction of the Earth, the demise of BlackBerry 10 is inevitable.

Posted via CB10
    p1800nut likes this.
    04-12-16 04:15 PM
    I reluctantly switched from my passport to the priv yesterday because it's pretty clear after Chen's comments lately the new BlackBerry 10 phone I've been waiting for is not coming. Also even my banking apps have been "upgraded" to Web launchers recently.

After a day with the priv I have to say I like it a lot. It's fast too. I'm not a huge App user but it has every App I need and more. In a way I almost felt bad for liking it, like I was a trader. Anyone who is on the fence I suggest you at least give it a try.

I miss the peak feature of BlackBerry 10 the most. I would hope story maker and blackberry travel me there way over soon.

I hope crackberry does another post on setting your priv as much like BlackBerry 10 as possible and a list of apps needed for example I found from Michelle and file manager app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    heepman likes this.
    04-12-16 05:34 PM
    Good luck man. I tried android and spent about a week navigating trying to find apps to get the OS to my liking. Nothing can beat the hub and notifications.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech and anon(9878325) like this.
    04-12-16 07:16 PM
    Are you bored? Good luck.
    04-12-16 08:34 PM
    That was long, I stopped reading.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-12-16 09:54 PM
    How about books?

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-12-16 10:09 PM
    That was long, I stopped reading.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    He lost me at "It's"
    04-12-16 10:10 PM
    Later brah.

I bought a blue classic and a silver passport today.

Writing this on my badass classic and my se pp is showing up tomorrow.

Have an iphone too but I figured I'd buy the last two of the true phones and use them till they die.

Oh and I paid over $500 for the se pp because I wanted it overnight. Yup I got money to burn so I may as well burn it on a great last giant.

Will most likely get the priv too.

Bb10 forever whaaat whaat.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 11:25 PM
    Thanks, Lindaandjon, for such a thorough and thoughtful goodbye. See you on the other side!

8800 - 9000 - Z10 -?
    04-13-16 01:37 PM
    You're truly ahead of your time - by about two years.
    04-13-16 01:47 PM
    and then i was born
    04-13-16 06:59 PM
    Man ain't nobody got time to read all that. Copy, paste, put that in an envelope to waterloo.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, skstrials and dunnsantee like this.
    04-13-16 08:04 PM
    didn't need to create a thread for that. There is already a designated fair well thread already
    TGR1 and Irish Blues like this.
    04-13-16 10:08 PM
    He lost me at "It's"
    You lost me at "he"

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    The_Passporter and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-13-16 11:42 PM
    Like the destruction of the Earth, the demise of BlackBerry 10 is inevitable.

Posted via CB10
    Though hopefully not on the same timescales... I have plans for next year.
    04-14-16 02:20 AM
    Jumped from the sinking ship almost a year ago. Good Luck OP. Come to the darkside....we love Douglas Adams references, too!
    BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    04-14-16 05:34 AM
    We saw it coming also Good Luck to ya !!
    04-14-16 05:56 AM
    Fight to the last!!! On the beaches and on the land!!

Lol. Hell yeah!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 06:42 AM
    It's been a long time coming but I'm afraid we've reached a parting of the ways. I should have seen the writing on the wall with my PlayBook, but I hung in there and bought the Z10 then the Z30 after having a Storm a Torch a Bold and then another Storm. I've liked them all and will really miss OS10 - I still use a Torch, but I'm not so sad to see that go!

Maybe i'll be back - I'm not a Phonedemenatlist like many, I'm trying Android next - I know, all my friends have had their identities cloned, their credit cards hacked and Google owns their asses, though strangely enough they all seem pretty happy and normal to me. Maybe only Phonedemenatlists can see the true damage Android has wreaked on their lives, maybe i'll find out when I meet my clone, or find I've just bought a yacht on my credit card and the Phonedemenatlists will be able to scream 'told you so '

But to be honest I've spent 18 hours at gun point at a border crossing once with my embassy saying you're on your own so I'm not overly worried by the Phonedemenatlist rantings. Most of the world uses android and it's not raining cats and dogs with the four horsemen of the apocalypse charging by outside so let's see how that goes. I'd probably have opted for a windows phone next but that app gap killed BlackBerry and I'm not going down that road again so soon. Maybe I'll try them next.

But why leave us (or perhaps sod off!) cries the loyal BlackBerry fans? We've got the best OS going etc etc. I'm no expert but I'd be surprised if there weren't Android / Apple and MS Phonedementalists out there who'd disagree. That's the trouble with them, they're always right and everyone else is always wrong. And besides, having the best OS doesn't guarantee you squat. Just ask Video 2000 (which most of you won't have heard of) which was even better than Betamax (which some of you will) both of whom lost out to the inferior VHS. And I'm sure there's many other examples too.

So why am I leaving? It's because my phone has become the Morris Minor (the British police cars in Minions) of communications. I've had loads, really like them, they were great in their day ("0-60 in 58 seconds!" ran the adverts) , but like my moggies, I seem to spend ages trying to make them work properly, or finding a way round some issue (a blanket for the winter, a hammer for the starter motor jamming). We've lost Facebook - I know guys! Being watched, everything recorded, sold our souls to the evil whoever but I don't really care too much, I like seeing pictures of my friends and family and what they're up to. They make me smile and laugh. Of course I could just boycott it and be grumpy and demand they all just send me emails of the pictures instead cos that worked out so well getting them all to switch from WA to BBM didn't it? Or I could use Face10. Done that, bought it, like it, but I can't get it to work properly, it doesn't notify me of anything, ever. Now had this been the only issue I'd wait for an update to fix this - I think the app is really very good and the developer deserves success, but of course we lose (or maybe don't lose) WA at the end of the year too, after having lost the guardian Newpaper app recently. And My Google maps doesn't work anymore, I can't get my cycle app to show contour lines, something cyclist are quite keen on seeing on maps. Docs to go has serious bugs in the spreadsheet that really affect my spreadsheets - reported on my z10 and still there and unlikely to go away so I've not got confidence that my other important apps will stay working either and as I spent a lot of time not just looking down the barrel of a gun at a border point but actually visiting different countries I want a phone I can rely on and will work properly everywhere, all the time and I no longer think that's BlackBerry - sadly.

Where's your loyalty they cry? Now I'm a very loyal guy, but only to human beings, not multinational corporations. Their aim is to make a profit (which is fine and dandy) and if that mean being nice to me they will, but if it means stitching me up and hanging me out to dry they will do that just as quickly. I'm no more loyal to a multinational than I am to a lamppost. I'll treat them the way they treat me.

So I'll be very sad to say goodbye to my z30 but I'm quite excited to think i'll have a phone that works and won't suddenly find that this app no longer works just as I need it. I wish that phone was my z30, but it's not and it's clear from JC that it never will be.

Having really liked the hub and keyboard I'd have liked to have gone for a Priv, but that's silly money BlackBerry. I'd also have happily paid for the hub and keyboard apps - I'd happily pay �10 each for them, but it seems BlackBerry whilst trying to monetise the life out of BBM which no one wants haven't seem that many many android users won't want to pay Priv prices but some would be happy to buy the hub / keyboard app. And perhaps some of these would then later upgrade to a full BlackBerry Android phone due to their experience. Maybe I will too when the priv drops in price or the new mid range droids come out, But whilst I can buy two LG G4's for the same price as one priv it's a no brainer to me. So, I'd like to thank all the people who worked on BlackBerry staff over the years and the crackberry team too and wish them well in the future, but I'm reluctantly and sadly signing off now, who knows,.maybe i'll hate it and be back in 6 months...

Posted via CB10
    A round of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters for all, please. I'm buying.
    Carl Estes and BergerKing like this.
    04-14-16 08:03 AM
    Fight to the last!!! On the beaches and on the land!!

Lol. Hell yeah!!!

Posted via CB10
    Churchill gave some great speeches in 1940... but England was doomed and he knew it.

It took the Japanese making a foolish move and waking a sleeping giant to turn the tide for Europe. If the Japanese had left the US alone... we would probably all be speaking German today. If they had another 12 months, they'd have had jet fighters in mass production and might have even added a nuclear warhead to those missiles they were firing at Mr Churchill.

I don't think there is a sleeping "giant" out there thinking of helping (or buying) BlackBerry in order to save BB10. They might buy BlackBerry for their own benefit for some other technology.
    The_Passporter and techvisor like this.
    04-14-16 08:11 AM
    Later brah.

I bought a blue classic and a silver passport today.

Writing this on my badass classic and my se pp is showing up tomorrow.

Have an iphone too but I figured I'd buy the last two of the true phones and use them till they die.

Oh and I paid over $500 for the se pp because I wanted it overnight. Yup I got money to burn so I may as well burn it on a great last giant.

Will most likely get the priv too.

Bb10 forever whaaat whaat.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing compares to the ease of use for BlackBerry 10. Good stuff
    04-14-16 08:31 AM
    Churchill gave some great speeches in 1940... but England was doomed and he knew it.

I don't think there is a sleeping "giant" out there thinking of helping (or buying) BlackBerry in order to save BB10. They might buy BlackBerry for their own benefit for some other technology.
    I heard Apple built a building in Waterloo near BlackBerry. Wonder what's going on? Is this true?

That's a giant and it's not sleeping

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    04-14-16 08:45 AM
31 12