I read a post from few months earlier that dialer sound cannot be disabled without going into silent mode on bb10 devices?

I wanted to know whether this has been addressed. I was considering getting a Q10, but not being able to silence the dial sound without putting the entire phone on silence is a pretty big deal to me.

And it is not even some technological limitation either! It is just setting!

Come on Blackberry, it is like you do not want people to buy your device.
    01-28-14 10:32 AM
    Sorry I just checked dial pad settings and doesn't seem you can.
    01-30-14 09:53 PM
    If you put your device in silent mode,dialer won't make sound

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:54 PM
    Oh sorry didn't read all your post my bad

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:55 PM
    I have a Z30 and experience the same. Forgive me if this is inaccurate as I don't have Q to test on but the following setting control the click sound of the keyboard and since (I assume) you are dialing from keys, this "may" do the trick.

Settings>>Language and Input>>Feedback...

So the dialer sound cannot be disabled?-img_20140130_235127.png

Other than that, why not just use the speed dial feature or dial direct from contact?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:57 PM
    I have a Z30 and experience the same. Forgive me if this is inaccurate as I don't have Q to test on but the following setting control the click sound of the keyboard and since (I assume) you are dialing from keys, this "may" do the trick.

Settings>>Language and Input>>Feedback...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140130_235127.png 
Views:	442 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	243601

Other than that, why not just use the speed dial feature or dial direct from contact?

Posted via CB10
    This inky changes the keyboard feedback volume, not the dialer volume. Now that you mention it though,be a good idea to tie the dialer feedback volume with this option.
    skstrials likes this.
    01-30-14 11:29 PM
    Okay to be fair, I rarely dial a number and normally just call the numbers from contact list.

But I still do have to use the dialer, and the dial sound of the q10 was really annoying when I tried it at a store. What I do not understand is that the Z10's dial pad was able to be silenced even when the ringtone was on.

I have never enabled the dialpad sound in the 10+ years of using a mobile phone.

What is the benefit of having a permanently on dial sound in the general sound profile?

I do not need to show the people around me I am dialing a number.

Anyways, just a bit of rant really. I just cannot understand Blackberry on some things.
    01-31-14 09:08 PM
    There is no need to be annoyed by dialing sound. With the Q10 you can use the hardware buttons to enter number followed by pressing emerged call on touchscreen.
    01-31-14 09:15 PM
    Okay to be fair, I rarely dial a number and normally just call the numbers from contact list.

But I still do have to use the dialer, and the dial sound of the q10 was really annoying when I tried it at a store. What I do not understand is that the Z10's dial pad was able to be silenced even when the ringtone was on.

I have never enabled the dialpad sound in the 10+ years of using a mobile phone.

What is the benefit of having a permanently on dial sound in the general sound profile?

I do not need to show the people around me I am dialing a number.

Anyways, just a bit of rant really. I just cannot understand Blackberry on some things.
    The rant is mostly justified. It is an oversight on their part. Their Global notification settings trump their application level and contact level notification settings. That's bass ackwards. Even Hub++ can't beat it. Furthermore they've set the perfect playing field in the feedback setting and only offered keyboard control. It doesn't affect me much in terms of annoyance, but I think it is a bit contradictive in itself..

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:26 PM