I mean it's still present, but it is no longer able to do anything. Everything pretty much goes to "Searching the Internet for..."

It's not like it fails to recognise what I say. For example "Set an alarm" is heard (according to the text), but then it says it is not understood. All the normally understood stuff ends up here, like "When's my next appointment? "

Not that I normally use voice interface anyways, but just checking...
    10-25-19 11:26 PM
    I mean it's still present, but it is no longer able to do anything. Everything pretty much goes to "Searching the Internet for..."

It's not like it fails to recognise what I say. For example "Set an alarm" is heard (according to the text), but then it says it is not understood. All the normally understood stuff ends up here, like "When's my next appointment? "

The server-side of BlackBerry Assistant, along with the native Twitter app were discontinued August 1st.

Letting us know that was the true intent of the "announcement" of the extended "support" of the BB10 back-end services.
    10-25-19 11:43 PM
    It is certainly diminished from what it was. It was amazingly good at what it did before.(Careful of some of the assistant comparisons some were using on Youtube, one Blackberry was in power save mode, which makes it slower, in order to preserve battery life (when power save is turned on) - not cool to mess that way with a comparison demo. And mine was definitely faster, almost as fast as a newer iphone for example)

What can you still do?
    You can tell it to send a text message ..."Text Bobby" or phone...."Phone Loretta"
    You can still tell it to open any app installed...the default ones or the ones from BlackBerry World that you installed. I don't think it will open bookmarks on the home page.
    So you can still say "Open Clock" " Open Remember" " Open Docs to go" Open Calendar etc..
    You can still voice dictate a paragraph within Remember, or wherever the microphone icon still appears.
    Or dictate a text message or email message in the appropriate places.
    Yes you can search the web, which seems to be the default when it doesn't recognize your request as one of the no longer supported "actions".
    At least that is how it works for me currently. Anyone else get different results? Can no longer say "Wake me up in 90 minutes" ...or it won't understand that as an alarm clock, but rather searches the internet for the phrase. If anyone has a fix for it no longer recognizing alarm phrases as listed on the info "i" button in Assistant, then I'm all ears.
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 10-26-19 at 03:30 AM.
    10-26-19 03:16 AM
    Closed for cleanup.
    10-26-19 05:06 PM
    Reopened.

Please continue without the bickering and sideways sniping.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    10-26-19 05:09 PM

It is indeed offline EFats, due to the third-party which provided Blackberry Assistant services choosing not to renew its contract. Like with Twitter, this was an example of a third party company ceasing support of a Blackberry 10-related item.

It was good to have Blackberry Limited clarify that when they announced full support of BB10 back-end services on August 1st. Their "true intent" was clear.
    10-26-19 05:13 PM