I'm pretty sure this Android app came out last year. It looked pretty cool and was recently updated.

I often hear that the Hub is the reason for staying with BB. This app brings all communications under one roof. Even provides contextual app interoperability within the app/notifications. That part looks amazing. What do you think of the app?

Snowball Debuts A ?Priority Inbox? For Your Phone?s Notifications | TechCrunch
    07-29-15 02:16 PM
    Just downloaded it on my Android device. Looks promising. It's not quite as efficient as the Hub, but I'm going to play with it for a bit, and maybe I'll change this opinion.
    07-29-15 02:27 PM
    I like hearing other people's opinions. What about the Hub is more efficient?
    07-29-15 02:28 PM
    For one, the HUB is core to the OS, and as a result is always seamlessly available with a single quick gesture from anywhere.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-29-15 02:30 PM
    Comical. BlackBerry 10 has had this already and these people talk as if they are visionaries for this.
    Snowball app vs. Hub-img_20150729_153358.png

Posted with my  Classic
    07-29-15 02:36 PM
    For one, the HUB is core to the OS, and as a result is always seamlessly available with a single quick gesture from anywhere.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I think a lot of people love the functionality of Android. Because a user can setup their launcher to open an app with a gesture, would you view that as the same?

For example, I could have my launcher open Snowball with a left swipe. Would you view that as having the same functionality as the BB gesture?
    07-29-15 02:40 PM
    Comical. BlackBerry 10 has had this already and these people talk as if they are visionaries for this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150729_153358.png 
Views:	372 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	364647

Posted with my  Classic
    I think the coolest part of the app is the contextual interoperability of apps. The screenshot of dinner invitation pops up with Uber and Maps. That seems pretty cool.

Obviously BB has had this, but it does seem like these guys are adding some cool functions to the idea.
    07-29-15 02:43 PM
    I think a lot of people love the functionality of Android. Because a user can setup their launcher to open an app with a gesture, would you view that as the same?

For example, I could have my launcher open Snowball with a left swipe. Would you view that as having the same functionality as the BB gesture?
    I think the important functionality is that you can swipe within any app to see messages. Do you need to exit an app and go to the home screen and then open snowball app to see messages?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 02:48 PM
    The Hub has more functionality (triage options) and shows calendar events for today and tomorrow. However, the more I'm playing with Snowball, the more I'm seeing how it comes become a real alternative.
    07-29-15 02:49 PM
    I think the important functionality is that you can swipe within any app to see messages. Do you need to exit an app and go to the home screen and then open snowball app to see messages?

Posted via CB10
    No you don't need to exit the app. Snowball appears where the notifications generally appear, so a swipe from the top basically shows what has always appeared, but with more control than the native Android notifications. However, the Hub shows individual messages. Snowball will show I have x emails and when I tap on that notification, the email app launches. Not too much different at all than the native notifications. Hub is simply way more refined.
    tmf06 likes this.
    07-29-15 02:54 PM