Hello,

My Q10 is having an issue with SMS. When I get sent long text messages that are more than 1 text in length. They get sent separately and I will get a notification and half the message and then a minute later will get another part of the message until all of it arrives. I have a sim free phone with a giffgaff sim card.

Anyone else having this?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:55 PM
    I have that, long messages from the bf come through separately and it's annoying to be notified for every little bit! Think it's a phone/OS thing to be honest and can't find a way to stop it so I believe we are stuck with it!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 04:18 PM
    Yeah that is what I thought but it is better than the bug in my previous android phone, that would resend the same text about 4 times lol.

Hopefully 10.2 will fix it!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 04:33 PM
    Well SMS have length restrictions so you are actually receiving and sending multiple messages once the character limit is exceeded. The Q10 is just showing you what is actually happening. People should know this by now and either break up the message or use a non-SMS solution (WhatsApp, Google talk, hopefully BBM soon!).

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 05:18 PM
    Yes I know how sms works but don't stick up for the q10 when it clearly has an issue. It is not a good idea to get half a text and you can't reply because the q10 has not received the rest of the message, every other phone is clever enough to join the messages into a single message so when you receive the text it comes as one message, without getting multiple notifications for each part. This is 2013, not 1999. This should not happen now, well I'm not going to use an alternative when nearly everyone uses sms in the UK because nearly everyone has unlimited texts.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:12 AM
    I'm not sticking up for anything... just making sure everyone understands that there is a character limit in SMS. Thanks to those 'clever' other smart phones, I'm sure quite a bit of text msg users don't even know nowadays. Anyway the point is that it's not an "SMS bug" because it's performing exactly as SMS should. What if you didn't have unlimited text, and you weren't even aware your long text cost you 3 SMS messages instead of one?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:21 AM
    That's not the point though. It should combine them when receiving them, I'm not talking about sending them because that works fine, it tells you the no of sms messages that text will be. If someone else sends me a long text then it annoying to have to wait for each part. I'm not talking about sending so doesn't matter if I have unlimited sms or not. So it might not be a "bug" but it is not "clever".

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 06:32 AM