Two soup cans and a string.

Posted via CB10
    Hardy ha ha

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 05:22 AM
    Blackberry can't even support their own app. This passport will die once Samsung releases physical keyboard phone almost similar to BlackBerry. They have started on edge, will test on slider, and the rest is history.
    What's scary is that Samsung might do something like this. They have no problem with producing multiple form factors to cover every possible user. Their sales have gone down lately and they're probably willing to try anything to generate more sales, just like the recent keyboard add-on. It'll be hard compete with their advertising...
    09-15-15 11:29 AM
    What's scary is that Samsung might do something like this. They have no problem with producing multiple form factors to cover every possible user. Their sales have gone down lately and they're probably willing to try anything to generate more sales, just like the recent keyboard add-on. It'll be hard compete with their advertising...
    Even if they make a physical keyboard Android phone they will still lose money on it. Nobody makes money off of Android and it maybe the downfall of it. One can only hope anyways.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-15-15 11:53 AM
    Even if they make a physical keyboard Android phone they will still lose money on it. Nobody makes money off of Android and it maybe the downfall of it. One can only hope anyways.

So it will be the downfall of BlackBerry.
    09-15-15 12:19 PM
    So it will be the downfall of BlackBerry.
    Depends on what they are charging for their services, but they won't make any money off the hardware. I don't see the Slider doing well at all. What Samsung or LG user is going to even know BlackBerry made an Android phone? Oh and btw it's a slider, that's so ancient right, I can hear these people now. How anyone thinks this is a good idea is beyond me. Even if they get Google Services it'll still flop because they don't market anything, and I highly doubt Google will give them advertising as that might lure people to bb10.

09-15-15 12:33 PM
    Samsung makes money from Android. They're just making less lately. Even if Samsung's PKB doesn't do well, it might sell enough to draw customers away from BlackBerry, making the Passport and/or Slider unprofitable.
    09-15-15 01:15 PM
    BB10 will be bought by Samsung to develop Tizen.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 04:59 PM
    BB10 will be bought by Samsung to develop Tizen.
    Nah, it would be cooler if Nokia came back and took over Tizen...
    jope28 likes this.
    09-15-15 08:01 PM
    Ubuntu's Unity is a new player to watch. A Linux OS on cheap handhelds, i.e. last year's Android hardware. All software development focus.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:20 PM
    So microsoft is retrenching some of the windows mobile team and the future looks bleak, in fact they (microsoft) appeared at apples most recent iphone ipad launch to show how they are so very apple friendly.

Microsoft on Windows Phone 'We've massively retrenched' but still focusing on core flagships for fans | Windows Central

Apple and ios maintains their healthy sales and increased interest in their iphone 6s and 6s+

Android apps are increasingly more dependent on google play services stunting the growth of google less android fork variations like amazon phones (fire phone is dead btw) and cyanogen.

And now blackberry looks like they will be going google friendly android.

Tizen, jolla sailfish and firefox OS are not breaking any grounds.

All of this seem to point that we're looking at a duopoly with no one ever being able to catch up in the foreseeable future.

Here's the thing iOS is not for me and neither is google anything. So what options do people like me have?

And yes I do want (some) key apps like whatsapp, Uber and navigation for example.

Posted via CB10
    Well since no one else has said it, Ubuntu. Don't know if it has those specific apps you mentioned, but it's the only one that hasn't been mentioned. If I were to actually continue using smartphones to their full potential instead of just as a fancy handset after BlackBerry goes down, that might be my choice, since I run Ubuntu on my rigs anyways. Would be nice to have a phone that plays nice with my computer.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:22 PM
35 12