It's about an article I read in the Netherlands about the smartphone market called Android is in for a fall.

Apple has 15% of the market sales and get 90% profit of all sold Smartphone's in the Market.

It's possible because Apple buyers like to pay more than Android users for lesser or the same hardware that you can buy for under 300 euro including an 64 GB memory card instead of paying 700-900 euro for the iphone.

They not only paying extra for memory or more expensive acessories that are mostly twice the price of the competition. They also like restriction in music like mono sound and no support for flac and other music codecs. The restriciton is also in itunes.

BlackBerry and Samsung are both two companies still earn some money on the mobile division but the growth in sales went down.

Brands that burning cash are Lenove, Microsoft, HTC, Sony, LG and that are some big names and all other brands are not going well.

So to make money you must brainwash your public that 16 GB is enough but for 85 euro more your have the luxery of 64 GB. It makes sence and the experience of een iphone is beyond believe with there revolutionary 8 MP camera. It's seems that works well out if your package and wrapping is nice enough.

Meanwhile apple pay drops from 3% users to down 1% and Apple watch is selling 4.000 a week. Both are a flop and has nothing to do with satisfaction of there users but just the frustaration how it work.

So BlackBerry goes Android is the dumbest idea I heard but BB10 with multi OS with BB10 and Android running at the same time like we know from Android runtime could be a winner. I feel they allready burning cash with Google
    08-23-15 08:41 AM
    Android may not be so good for companies, but it is very very good for consumers. Competition in the Android market has pushed prices down by a lot. Honestly, I would hate to be a smartphone consumer in a world where just Apple exists. Hell, even BB overprices its phones.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-15 08:52 AM
    Android may not be so good for companies, but it is very very good for consumers. Competition in the Android market has pushed prices down by a lot. Honestly, I would hate to be a smartphone consumer in a world where just Apple exists. Hell, even BB overprices its phones.
    Exactly

!
    08-23-15 09:05 AM
    Agreed

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-23-15 09:12 AM
    I agree with soulstream too and i hate to say this. But android is where its at

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:13 AM
    Samsung sells their phones upward $700, now that they finally put in the quality materials.
    Android has nothing to do with making money or losing it. It's the marketing which will decide who will win and who will lose.

And we all know how good BlackBerry is at marketing.
    muindor likes this.
    08-23-15 11:19 AM
    Samsung sells their phones upward $700, now that they finally put in the quality materials.
    Android has nothing to do with making money or losing it. It's the marketing which will decide who will win and who will lose.

And we all know how good BlackBerry is at marketing.

Absolutely correct.

Marketing 101:

It's not about the actual products, it's about how you sell it to the people.

If you just hold a phone into the air saying: that's the classic (I'm still embarrassed how JC first showed the classic) then it's hard to be taken seriously by the customers because it looks like you're not really believing in what you have produced. People need to believe that what you have in your hand is the best of the best. Even if it's not (Applemania).

08-23-15 01:29 PM
    Yes. It is all how something is presented that influences a person's perception and decision.
    Doctor A tells you that you have a 30% of dying.
    Doctor B tells you that you have a 70% of being cured.
    Which doctor do you want?
    Presentation is everything.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-23-15 01:45 PM