Okay, I know this is technically user error, but am I the only one? A new feature in 10.3 is a row of quick actions (file, delete, etc) along the right side of the HUB that is turned on by the switch in the upper right side. Nice feature, but maybe the implementation should be tweaked? Several times now, I went to delete a couple of messages with this feature turned on, and I deleted the WRONG message because the list shifted as the previous delete disappeared - causing me to land on the next message instead of the one I was looking at. After making this mistake twice, I figured I learned my lesson, but I just did it again. Maybe NOW I have learned my lesson?
    Now I try to remember to delete from the bottom up so that the shift doesn't get me. Any ideas on how the designers could improve this and make it more accident proof? Has anyone else here done this?
    xhanatos likes this.
    08-30-14 09:24 AM
    Yes I've done this. And yes it could be better.
    08-30-14 09:43 AM
    From my experience it disappears one you tap delete but then comes back while the undo option is still available. They need to make sure it stays hidden even if you can still undo the delete to avoid the confusion. I'm sure it will be better in the released OS

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:57 AM
    Thanks guys.
    I was thinking something along the lines of the message turning red when deleted, but doesn't go away until you leave and re-enter the HUB. Then you can scroll through deleting whatever you want.
    08-30-14 10:21 AM
    If you want to delete several emails at once and not have them move on you, then I suggest using the Select More option.
    08-30-14 10:26 AM
    If you want to delete several emails at once and not have them move on you, then I suggest using the Select More option.
    Of course there are ways around the issue. I'm just talking about the implementation of this new feature which is bound to catch others in the same way it caught me.
    08-30-14 10:30 AM
    Maybe as simple as an optional "Recently Deleted" repository with the last 10 or so deleted items? I don't know - just thinking out loud here.
    08-30-14 10:36 AM
    I've had this happen before too - I love quick-delete and I address this issue by starting at the bottom of the screen and working my way up when I delete. That way nothing above me moves and everything stays in place.

Agreed though - I love the feature but would like to see the usability improved slightly.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:10 PM
    I noticed if you tap on the mail icon on the left, it changes to read /unread within the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 05:09 AM