1.Downloading and installing Apps and games From Blackberry world

2.Side loading Apps

3.Downloading Files using the browser

These 3 things we can simply do it using the BlackBerry 10 but that is not the issue.

The issue is that these 3 thing directly stored on the device, so we need the features of being able to chose if we want them to be downloaded or installed on the device or the SD card.

I think that's an important detail, , imagine that your device is full and no space to download or install anything on it, so you want to chose the SD card to do it.

Posted via CB10
    BBJonbo likes this.
    03-04-13 04:49 PM
    You can set Music and Videos to download onto your SD Card...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 06:27 PM
    3) files can be moved to sd with file manager, no?
    03-04-13 06:27 PM
    installing app on the SD card would cause an unastable operating environment.
    1. the SD storage can not match the access speed of the onboard ram
    2. Hot swappable means accidental missing files.
    03-04-13 07:03 PM
    You can set Music and Videos to download onto your SD Card...

Posted via CB10
    Didn't found any options like that

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 10:02 PM
    3) files can be moved to sd with file manager, no?
    Come one do i have to move everything that I download ( i do that actually lol )

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 10:03 PM
    installing app on the SD card would cause an unastable operating environment.
    1. the SD storage can not match the access speed of the onboard ram
    2. Hot swappable means accidental missing files.
    On android you are able to move the app to SD card after installing it and it keeps working fine

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 10:04 PM
    On android you are able to move the app to SD card after installing it and it keeps working fine

Posted via CB10
    Yep and we see how stable Android is right? My brothers Galaxy Nexus reboots itself 3 or 4 times a day. And he said his last straw was that no matter what, he can not get his music info to display on his MS Sync in his focous. he said it worked 4 months ago but a few updates to jellybean later and it's still broken. I don't mind not being able to store games on the SD card. Everything else can be stored there so who cares. Music, books, pictures and videos is all that really needs to be stored on there anyway haha.
    03-04-13 11:23 PM
    Yep and we see how stable Android is right? My brothers Galaxy Nexus reboots itself 3 or 4 times a day. And he said his last straw was that no matter what, he can not get his music info to display on his MS Sync in his focous. he said it worked 4 months ago but a few updates to jellybean later and it's still broken. I don't mind not being able to store games on the SD card. Everything else can be stored there so who cares. Music, books, pictures and videos is all that really needs to be stored on there anyway haha.
    Well that depend on the device maybe.. my father is using Galaxy note 2 he didn't face any issues with it..

Anyway the mainpoint is that i don't think that 16GB enough for me i've already used 8 GB only for apps and games because all my media and other files i've moved them to the SD card

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:37 AM
    No, this is only for older Androids. Newers ones don't have that ability (my last phone was a Nexus 4).

Installing apps on SD will never ever be supported for many reasons. A few of them are:

- Interference with hotswapability of the card
    - Compatibility issues (due to file locations and such)
    - Speed (some users will opt for slower cards)
    - Fragmentation of file locations
    - Dependency issues (if any app (especially a major one) requires another app to run, but you've taken out the SD card, or you've had an error = crash).
    - Reliability. SD cards are not as reliable as built in memory

There are many many more reasons why having apps installed on removable storage is never a good idea, and that's why no OS currently supports this. Not iOS, not Windows Phone, and not Android (it did at one point, but that is no longer the case).

#2 is similar to #1...no apps on removable storage

#3, you can move them to the SD using the file manager, but I agree with you. There should be a way to directly install them on the SD. The same is true for screenshots.
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    03-05-13 03:39 AM
    Yep and we see how stable Android is right? My brothers Galaxy Nexus reboots itself 3 or 4 times a day.
    Same issue with my Nexus 4 before I sold it. Google has actually acknowledged it too...months later, and still no solution.
    03-05-13 03:46 AM
    No, this is only for older Androids. Newers ones don't have that ability (my last phone was a Nexus 4).

Installing apps on SD will never ever be supported for many reasons. A few of them are:

- Interference with hotswapability of the card
    - Compatibility issues (due to file locations and such)
    - Speed (some users will opt for slower cards)
    - Fragmentation of file locations
    - Dependency issues (if any app (especially a major one) requires another app to run, but you've taken out the SD card, or you've had an error = crash).
    - Reliability. SD cards are not as reliable as built in memory

There are many many more reasons why having apps installed on removable storage is never a good idea, and that's why no OS currently supports this. Not iOS, not Windows Phone, and not Android (it did at one point, but that is no longer the case).

#2 is similar to #1...no apps on removable storage

#3, you can move them to the SD using the file manager, but I agree with you. There should be a way to directly install them on the SD. The same is true for screenshots.
    Well that make sense ,, i'm taking off the idea of installing apps on SD card and keep agreeing on point 3

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:16 AM
    Well that make sense ,, i'm taking off the idea of installing apps on SD card and keep agreeing on point 3
    Yep, I fully agree with you on #3. Though the workaround isn't all that annoying (just go to the downloads folder in the file manager, select all the files you want to move, and click move. Theyn you can move them all to your SD card), it would still be nice to have the ability to save to SD directly
    03-05-13 04:22 AM
    Yep, I fully agree with you on #3. Though the workaround isn't all that annoying (just go to the downloads folder in the file manager, select all the files you want to move, and click move. Theyn you can move them all to your SD card), it would still be nice to have the ability to save to SD directly
    yup that's what i did select them all and move them
    03-05-13 05:24 AM
    More pressing issues

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 05:53 AM