If anyone has the right to complain about those laws it is I, being English and living here. I certainly agree with what you say but I refrain from making remarks about it in a BB forum even when the opportunity presents itself. I'm sure you can see why some took offence to it, even French Canadians who disagree with some of the silly laws.

Anyway, back on topic...
    I agree with you on that, I just thought people would see that it was my opinion and take it for what it was (just like they saw i was making a joke about the snide comment and canadian politeness and thanked/liked the post). And yes I do see the reason for the offence if you are taking it as a strong conviction, which i guess was my fault for using the word 'hate' when it should have been more like 'dislike'. Agreed on that!

So you hate the province, the whole thing, every part of it because of one thing? It's like saying I hate Belgium because they eat french fries. Yes they have laws, well one, which trys to make sure that the french language does not dissapear, we are surrounded by over 300 millions english speaking people, but like I said, just stay right where you are, we're doing just fine without you.

Pauvre Tata.

Back on topic, can't wait for Skype.
    Like i said, i hate (lets make it more appropriate as i realize the word choice may be the problem, and apologize for that) dislike the fact that QUEBEC has laws in place that go against the things that EVERY canadian should stand for. I HAVE been to quebec and I DO like many things about quebec (including many of the people I have met from there). What I said, AND ALL I SAID, was that I dont think it is fair to have a situation set up in the way that quebec does... where an italian restaurant cannot have italian words in its menu for the simple reason that it is not french enough, but that one of the greatest things about this country is the fact that I can go to a local school and hear people speaking a dozen languages fluently.

I apologize if it was taken the wrong way, im not going to be protesting my beliefs or funding organizations to ratify the constitution... i just think it is a silly thing to have, and dont agree with it. That being said, I know many people who DO agree with it and have nothing against them. The reason I said QUEBEC as a whole is because QUEBEC as a whole has that law (from my understanding), I never said anything about french speaking people or even english speaking people in quebec. Just about that law.

Again, if anyone was offended I guess it was my fault being specific in the initial post... absolutely nothing against the people of Quebec, just dont really agree with the (en)forcing of that language law. I believe that as CANADIANS we all respect the languages and identities of each other, and enforcing a law like that is insinuating that if you didnt have the law the culture would be assimilated. As, what i take to be, a true canadian I think that stands against one of the greatest things this country is about. I will be the first one in line if there was a bill trying to be passed to ban ANY language being spoken in ANY place in canada, or any cultural event taking place. I love going to certain areas of the city and being immersed in cultures from around the world, that is what makes this country awesome.

Sorry for the tangent, i just want people to be clear on what I meant.

BAAAAAACK on topic:

If this tweet was posted last month does that not mean it is already late? and if it is late is there a newer tweet/source for the info
    dynot likes this.
    03-05-13 01:30 PM
    You've redeemed yourself very well, you have a good day sir One final note, I think the Office de la langue francaise has a reason, does it go too far sometimes, you bet, do they make bad decisions, like any other governement driven office, yes they do, should it be removed and closed, h*** no. The media make it look so much worst than it is.
    aadamissocoollike likes this.
    03-05-13 01:57 PM
    I actually think the media point is true. As BlackBerry fans we should all know that lol.

Back on topic: is there any way to try all the old versions of Skype in the hopes of finding a working version a La instagram?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 02:11 PM
    It's a great progress in my opinion for BlackBerry to get these devs on board, and once they have sold upward of twenty million units for BB10 then I am sure devs would make the native apps as well... ,

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 05:31 PM
    It's a great progress in my opinion for BlackBerry to get these devs on board, and once they have sold upward of twenty million units for BB10 then I am sure devs would make the native apps as well... ,

Posted via CB10
    Yea i agree. I just think that a lot of deva are bitter bc people got mad at them based in not supporting Os7, but realistically would you throw everything into an os that you know is dead, and going to be sooo different than the new one?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 06:03 PM
    Well, I guess since everyone's had their final say I'll throw mine in.

should it be removed and closed, h*** no.
    Let me re-phrase that: should the French language be protected and promoted, **** yeah. But you don't do it by systematically eliminating another language and culture, which is what the OQLF and the current government is striving to do. Let's agree to disagree.

As for the OP, I have a lot of friends here and across the country that are on desktop and phone skype so I'd crtainly welcome it. But please give me BB Travel. These two apps would complete me.
    FSeverino and arthursim like this.
    03-05-13 07:02 PM
    I think you should get a job at Fox News. You'd fit right in there. Lol
    Touch monsieur

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-06-13 09:27 AM
    aha!! that will also mean the BB 10.1 OS update is just few blocks away! yayaayayayayayayyay!
    I doubt that. I'd expect 10.1 to drop sometime in late April.
    03-06-13 10:31 AM
    Considering the next iteration of BB10 has been in internal Beta for some time, do you really think it will take BB that long to push it out?
    03-06-13 01:20 PM
    I hate Belgium because they eat french fries.
    fries arent french, americans called it french fries cause they couldnt make the difference between french ppl and belgians during WO I, so blame the americans...

and skype will be released soon as msn messenger will be gone in april so the need to replace it by something else...
    03-06-13 02:28 PM
    I agree with you on that, I just thought people would see that it was my opinion and take it for what it was (just like they saw i was making a joke about the snide comment and canadian politeness and thanked/liked the post). And yes I do see the reason for the offence if you are taking it as a strong conviction, which i guess was my fault for using the word 'hate' when it should have been more like 'dislike'. Agreed on that!

Like i said, i hate (lets make it more appropriate as i realize the word choice may be the problem, and apologize for that) dislike the fact that QUEBEC has laws in place that go against the things that EVERY canadian should stand for. I HAVE been to quebec and I DO like many things about quebec (including many of the people I have met from there). What I said, AND ALL I SAID, was that I dont think it is fair to have a situation set up in the way that quebec does... where an italian restaurant cannot have italian words in its menu for the simple reason that it is not french enough, but that one of the greatest things about this country is the fact that I can go to a local school and hear people speaking a dozen languages fluently.

I apologize if it was taken the wrong way, im not going to be protesting my beliefs or funding organizations to ratify the constitution... i just think it is a silly thing to have, and dont agree with it. That being said, I know many people who DO agree with it and have nothing against them. The reason I said QUEBEC as a whole is because QUEBEC as a whole has that law (from my understanding), I never said anything about french speaking people or even english speaking people in quebec. Just about that law.

Again, if anyone was offended I guess it was my fault being specific in the initial post... absolutely nothing against the people of Quebec, just dont really agree with the (en)forcing of that language law. I believe that as CANADIANS we all respect the languages and identities of each other, and enforcing a law like that is insinuating that if you didnt have the law the culture would be assimilated. As, what i take to be, a true canadian I think that stands against one of the greatest things this country is about. I will be the first one in line if there was a bill trying to be passed to ban ANY language being spoken in ANY place in canada, or any cultural event taking place. I love going to certain areas of the city and being immersed in cultures from around the world, that is what makes this country awesome.

Sorry for the tangent, i just want people to be clear on what I meant.

BAAAAAACK on topic:

If this tweet was posted last month does that not mean it is already late? and if it is late is there a newer tweet/source for the info
    in belgium we speak 3 languages (dutch,french,german), well actually 4 if u include english, so get over it
    03-06-13 02:31 PM
    Yay bring on the American launch need me some Skype

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:59 PM
    Yeah! Rub it in!! Dammit, I can't wait!!

Shouldn't you be writing that in French and English?!?!
    Tu es jaloux que tu ne peut pas utiliser le t�l�phone formidable de BlackBerry

Et oui, j'�cris cet message avec le Keyboard de Z10
    03-06-13 03:47 PM
    Great news for Skype users on Blackberry 10!

As a bilingual Canadian (Irish, full disclosure!), can we put aside the Two Solitudes and just be happy about our new phones?
    03-06-13 04:30 PM

On a Z10? He could write it in French and English SIMULTANEOUSLY!
    FSeverino likes this.
    03-06-13 04:34 PM
    Yes, I dont hate the PEOPLE, I hate the place. The have laws that prevent other languages and cultures from being shown in public and that is NOT canadian. The entire country is forced to have signage in BOTH languages, but quebec can have it only in french, NOT canadian. I have nothing against french PEOPLE or people from Quebec, just the place. Im 'not a fan of french' just because i hated sitting in french class and everytime i hear french it reminds me of that.

(i dont want to take this thread off topic, it is my opinion and if you dont share it that is 100% fine)
    ya i agree 100%. but it's not the French people (except those that vote for those traderous BLOC politicians. After all, it's not like they provide good government) or the place, Quebec is a beautiful province.

but when the language police start trying to tell italian restaurants they can't have the word "pasta" on their menu, well they just look like asses on the world stage they so obviously covet.
    arthursim likes this.
    03-06-13 07:07 PM
    Telus' website says they expect to have it out this month. The Q10 will also ship with 10.1, so it can't be too far off.
    03-06-13 07:09 PM
    we all knew that the big name apps we were really wanting were going to be here at the US launch and everyone else was jsut guniea pigs for the phone
    03-06-13 07:10 PM
    On a Z10? He could write it in French and English SIMULTANEOUSLY!
    lol i didnt even think of that. although i would need the autocorrect A LOT more for my french.
    03-06-13 07:13 PM

What? 95% of the people west of the Quebec and Ontario boarder speak English.
    03-06-13 07:13 PM
    Will that version of Skype also be available for the Playbook, since it is an Android port?
    03-06-13 07:15 PM
    Will that version of Skype also be available for the Playbook, since it is an Android port?
    Not necessarily, since they run different versions of Android Player. Once BlackBerry 10 comes to the PlayBook things should be a bit more uniform, but as it stands, the app might not work on the PlayBook.
    03-06-13 07:17 PM
    Not necessarily, since they run different versions of Android Player. Once BlackBerry 10 comes to the PlayBook things should be a bit more uniform, but as it stands, the app might not work on the PlayBook.
    I thought that the Android player version is 2.3 on BB10 and PlayBook for now?

Or does the Skype port require 4.1?
    03-06-13 07:23 PM
    I thought that the Android player version is 2.3 on BB10 and PlayBook for now?

Or does the Skype port require 4.1?
    The Android version itself is the same I believe, but there's definitely something different within the Android Player code. This becomes evident when you try sideloading apps. The version of Instagram that works on the Z10, for instance, doesn't function at all on the PlayBook.
    03-06-13 07:27 PM
    Android player on BB10 is WAY BETTER. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than on the PlayBook. I can't use android apps on the PlayBook (too buggy and slow). No issues on the dev alpha.
    03-06-13 08:19 PM
94 1234