So even when I long press the 'X' to stop Skype from running in the background, it still randomly shows up in the Hub at random times, even when I don't have a new messages

Example from early this morning, when I was sleeping, after holding the 'X' down last night, after I was done with Skype:
    Skype randomly opens throughout the day-img_00001179_edit.png

The thing is, the Skype icon didn't even show up Blue this morning, it showed up as read

I am on 10.0.10, STL100-3 ATT, I was connected to WiFi

I am running the leaked Skype BAR:
    Attachment 168575
    06-05-13 07:51 AM
    I have the same issue. It usually happens when my phone reboots. I'm on the Verizon network where this problem has been reported multiple times. Here's hoping to the update to fix this.

Posted via my White Z10
    06-05-13 08:14 AM
    Have you checked that you have logged out of Skype? If you haven't, Skype will remain running headless.

On the main page, click on the icon in the upper right corner ( looks rather like a C with an arrow coming out of it) and select log out.

If you have logged out, I have no other suggestions.

When I first started Skype it attacked my battery with a vengeance and I quickly closed the frame to shut it down. It continued to run headless and I needed to do a search to find out about logging out in order to completely shut it down.

Surprisingly, it has run rather well since then. I start it up, close the frame, and let it run in the background where it seems to make frugal use of the battery. When someone calls, the frame opens. To close completely, I log out and then close the frame.

Only minor annoyance is that it keeps a notification in the hub which keeps re-asserting itself. Probably need this so that you know that it is running, but the red LED flashing is distracting.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LunchAt1; 06-05-13 at 11:23 AM.
    06-05-13 10:50 AM
    Skype will continue to run in the background even when the window is closed. You will have to signout to completely stop the messages.

Spec
    06-05-13 10:55 AM